“Say HI to the Holiday Inn”

Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor
Ranked #28 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Located on the corner of Lombard and Howard, this Holiday Inn offers visitors a superb home in Baltimore. First, it is short walk to the Inner Harbor, the convention center and Camden Yards; second, the Light Rail runs past the front door; third, it is around the corner and a very quick walk to the Hippodrome Theater (which is opposite the exquisite Alewife). One could do worse.

The hotel consists of two towers: the Main Tower with the efficient check-in, the comfortable lobby, restaurant and a deli-coffee shop; and the West Tower, which is accessed through a breezeway. The room was large enough with all the needed accouterments. I found the bathroom to be a bit small. This being the Socialist Republic of Maryland, the water pressure was low - as mandated by the High Council in Annapolis (i.e. State Legislature.)

All in all, the stay was enjoyable, the hotel well maintained and wonderfully located.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank NeedPivo
pkomar, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your trip to Charm City! We will share your comments with the staff!

Best Regards

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor

Reviewed 12 December 2013 via mobile

I just stayed at this hotel for a business meeting. My first impression was a very nice lobby with polite staff. However that's where my positive comments will end. My first impression of my room was the musty smell as I opened the door. Then it was the noise. I understand that the hotel can not control outside construction or the fact they are in an urban setting. What they can do is provide sound lessening windows.
I had a two queen bed room. When I sat on the bed to take my shoes off the bed's box spring broke. So I moved to the other bed and as I leaned down to take my shoes off I noticed the bed skirt. Gross - see the picture. Then I noticed the stain on the floor. Not a great impression and lacking major renovations and basic housekeeping. I would recommend staying at another hotel in the inner harbor.

2  Thank Carma73
pkomar, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2013

We're sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction during your recent stay with us. It appears nothing we did was in the least way able to strike a positive note with you. We all take your comments to heart here at our hotel, and I assure you every possible action will be taken to insure this type of stay won't occur again if we can prevent it.

Please allow me to apologize for any inconvenience or negative impression this might have caused you. Our management has taken note of this and proper action has been taken to ensure that situations of this nature will not reoccur in the future. I would like to thank you for your comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 11 December 2013 via mobile

The hotel has great location and very nice customer service, the room was comfort and clean , perfect for business trip. Breakfast was nice and rich and the hotel has small grocery store located inside of it.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Thanks for taking the time to review your stay on Tripadvisor. We are glad you enjoyed your stay.

Safe Travels,

Reviewed 11 December 2013

Very clean hotel and extremely courteous staff. Although I discovered my room heat may not be working properly, I was promptly assisted with a move to a comparable room. Staff could not have been any kinder. Would definitely stay here again! I also found food and beverage (available on site) to be delicious and fairly priced. Here with a large group and I've heard only positive comments from other attendees regarding this hotel.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Thanks for taking the time to write a review! Glad you enjoyed your time in Baltimore.

Happy Holidays,

Reviewed 8 December 2013

From Doug the doorman to Hubert at the front desk, the staff were excellent. They were very friendly and greeted us as soon as we walked in. The location of the hotel is within walking distance to the M&T Bank stadium and many local restaurants. The room was spacious and the beds were comfortable. The bathroom was very small and could use a remodel (especially a fan).

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Thanks for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We couldn't agree more Doug and Hubert are great employees and ambassadors for our hotel and city!

We hope if your travels bring you back to Baltimore we will have the opportunity to host you again!

Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

Location is great for Camden Yards or football. You can walk to Inner Harbor but it may be far if you want to walk around there or you are not used to walking. I would recommend the city's free bus line. The orange route will take you there. The room was clean and you can tell it was remodeled. I would stay here again. The coffee shop in the lobby is nice. My only complaint is that since you have to pay tor parking that breakfast should be free. Having to pay for both ducks and adds up. Other Holiday inns I don't have to pay for either.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank stephanie m

Thanks for taking time to review your stay with us here in Baltimore. Glad that you enjoyed it. We hope to see you again in the future.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 3 December 2013

Hi, I stayed here with my family for Thanksgiving because they are a pet friendly hotel. First, I asked the housekeeping lady if I can take my dog to the pool area, she said yes, I can tie him up. When I get there the boy there tells me no, but I fought that because they already told me yes, so he let me. Then, I am at the lobby, by the coffee shop, with husband and sister in law ordering pizza. I notice a big tall African American guy calling me to the counter, who walked by me a minute ago, and tells me I need to go get my dog because they are complaining about him. I am like, my dog is right here, how is he bothering ppl when he hasn't been in the room for hours, plus he doesn't bark. He's like, they're still complaining, or its the other dog. I don't have another dog, it was my sister's dog who I am not reponsi le for, he keeps asking me all these questions about her room # which I didn't know. It was really frustrating, instead of pointing fingers he should have go upstairs and d his JOB, and not embarrase guests at the lobby. Also, I had to call the front desk 4 times to get cups for my room they took 25min and I am noy making this up. We ate the pizza without anything to drink. The front desk lady asked if someone could get tjem for me. Really?!

• Stayed: November 2013
pkomar, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2013

Gomonica,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. I am truly sorry that you had to have a unsatisfactory stay with here at the Holiday Inn Inner Harbor.

We are indeed a pet friendly hotel, when check in pet are registered with the front desk and placed on our pet friendly floor. So we know were all the pet's are in the hotel. I will have to investigate were this miscommunication happened.

It is only through valuable feedback we receive from our valued customers that we would be in a position to know where we go wrong and rectify the circumstances or incidents, in order to ensure that we do not repeat the same in the future. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our guests.

Kind Regards,