“Perfect location”

Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor
Ranked #29 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed 27 February 2014

The location of the HI is perfect and is at walking distance from the harbor where all the restaurants are. The check in and check out were fast and accurate.
Negative point is that there is no free parking and that 25 US$ per day for the parking is rather expensive in a hotel rate where the breakfast is also not included.

The neighborhoud looks safe.
No problems with the WiFi and all the rest in the room was also working and the room was clean.

The people at the front desk were nice and very helpful.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank BossErpe-Belgium
pkomar, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Dear BossErpe,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with all of us on Tripadvisor. We are glad you had a pleasurable stay with us here in Baltimore. We have taken notes of the things you enjoyed and some things we need to work on.

Again ,Thank you for staying with us, as we know you have a lot of choice while traveling, and we look forward to hosting you again shall your travels bring you back to Charm City!

Holiday Inn Inner Harbor

Write a ReviewReviews (1,082)

Reviewed 23 February 2014

We have stayed before when attending games/Inner Harbor area. The location is an easy walk. However, more recently we have stayed twice to be close to the Univ of MD hospital. The location is a short 3-block walk to the hospital, or you can call the hospital front desk and they have a free shuttle that runs to and from the hotel 24/7. The hotel also offers a very good rate for patients and families (have to call for it). Being at the Holiday Inn allowed us to make treatment appointments during the snowstorms. We parked in the underground garage, took the shuttle, and had a snow-free car at the end of our stay.

We frequented Dottie's Cafe for coffee and pastries; Lashawn was one of the truly exceptional staff. Such a friendly face to see on both visits and made us feel that the hotel was a home base after long days at the hospital.

Room Tip: We asked for rooms in the"main tower". For us, more convenient to the lobby and food choi...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
pkomar, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Dear Hickory727,

Thank you for taking the time to write a 5* review about your stay with us. I will pass your awesome comments on to LaShawn and the entire Food and Beverage team! We look forward to hosting you in the future.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

Came to visit Camden Yards and the Inner Harbour and the hotel is walking distance to both.
No problems parking my vehicle. Nice room & beds. Breakfast was ok. Checkin was a little slow but probably due to people arriving at the same time. Staff was friendly.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Coleco76,

I would like to thank you for sharing your experience during your stay with us on Tripadvisor at the Holiday Inn Inner Harbor. We work hard for guest satisfaction, and we are honored to hear that you felt your needs were met. Should your travels bring you back to Charm City we hope to be able to host you again.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

Extended stay for work. Every member of the staff I encountered was unfailingly pleasant and helpful. And there wasn't a lot of hands out for tips. If I was rating solely on the staff, this would be 5-plus stars. The room was okay -- adequate for business travel. Biggest complaint was the bathroom... literally a water 'closet'. In fact, my closet at home has more square feet. The vanity is outside the WC which was good. And, like several in my group, hot water was at times a problem. The location, while convenient to Camden Yards, M&T Ballpark, and Inner Harbor, has the misfortune to be across from a firehouse and next to a light rail line. Insist on a higher floor on the back side (away from Lombard St).

With those caveats, I would stay here again as long as I got a competitive rate -- and an upper floor!

Room Tip: Insist on upper floor, on back side of property away from Lombard St
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Uncle_Gomer
pkomar, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Dear Uncle Gomer.

Thanks for the review! We understand that travel can be stressful. I am glad we could provide some hospitality and relaxation during your business trip. Again, thanks for choosing the Holiday Inn Inner Harbor.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

I stayed in this hotel for a weekend while visiting family in the area. The hotel is more fancy than I'd reckon a Holiday Inn would have been, but it was a pleasant surprise. The rooms were cozy even though I had to cut through the outside to get to the tower where my room was located. The complimentary hot apple cider and hot cocoa in the lobby were strategically placed to keep me warm on the way to my room.
The front desk staff were very friendly and all of the staff were very knowledgeable about the attractions in the area where there was great food and fun atmosphere. The hotel restaurant, Eden West, was a gem in itself. The bartender, Hope, recommended the crab cakes, which were nothing short of as amazing as she made them sound! I also had the fried cheesecake, (which I had never before heard of such a thing) and my, was it a treat! Though there was no crowd at the bar, I enjoyed conversation with the bartender and a few other guests.
Checkout was speedy and John, at the front desk sent me home with a smile! Will definitely stay here the next time I visit Baltimore!

Dear Tiffany F,

Thank you for taking the time to write a 5* review about your stay with us. I will pass your awesome comments on to Hope and the entire Food and Beverage team! We look forward to hosting you in the future.

Reviewed 31 January 2014

this was a wonderful experience for my family and I we really enjoyed our stay the hospitality was excellent, the food, was superb and the staff were exceptional Briana, Jacinta and Sonika all very professional.

Room Tip: 402 fabulous view
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
pkomar, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Valerie,

Thank you for the 5* review, its' what we strive for here. We can't agree with you more Briana, Sonika and Jacinta are rock stars on our staff, and it is a pleasure to work with them everyday.

I certainly hope your travels bring you back to the Holiday Inn Inner Harbor!

Reviewed 30 January 2014

Adequate hotel for a short visit to hospital, so it was ok. Room service was very slow and not great. No bellman to help wth bags either when we arrived.
Next time I will stay at another hotel. Thie temperature was in the single digits and the onsite coffee bar helped save the evening and early morning departure.
This was my second stay within a month and the prior visit was not outstanding either.

I am hopeful that they will work on getting the room service up to standard for this chain.

Room Tip: Ask for room near elevator if you can.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review obviously we have some retraining and touch ups to do, and we appreciate your comments, I will share this with all the staff. Should your travels bring you back to Charm City, We would love to host you again so you can see the improvements in our services.