“Great Service”

Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor
Ranked #28 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Checked in really late (1:00 AM). Night auditor was at the desk, Shy'Dawn Davis. With a HUGE smile she checked me in, gave me a room upgrade, and even lowered the rate a few bucks to be more competitive. Then, to make it even more comfortable, handed me a few bags of popcorn! Great service and a pleasure to deal with.

Room Tip: New tower is quite comfortable.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
pkomar, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

heading_out_for_fun,

Thanks for the 4 Star review! We appreciate you recognizing Dawn, she is a great member of our team. We know that good people make all the difference. Thanks for choosing The Holiday Inn Inner Harbor!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 25 March 2014

The hotel is conveniently located near the Inner Harbour area. But, don't be suprised if you do not get the type of room that you requested. I didn't and I spoke to other guests with the same complaint.
The hotel does not offer complimentary coffe service in the lobby, only in your room. I love coffee and what they pass off as coffee in the room is pathetic. Coffee is on sale though in the lobby???
Somehow I survived the lack of decent coffee and made my way to the restaurant for breakfast. What a disaster! This restaurant needs management help fast! First of all, I needed a coupon for my breakfast that I paid for with my room rate. Why didn't they give me this coupon when I checked in? I had to wait at reception for my coupon, as other guests were checking out. Upon returning to the resaurant, I was seated finally, only to be ignored. After 10 minutes I left and told the hostess that I would return later and maybe receive some service. I assume they are gearred for everyone to have the buffet? I returned a short while later and received service. I ordered for the ala carte menu hoping to get food that was better quality than the buffet. I had the breakfast burrito that was mosly potatos with a side order of potatos. Potato overload! I think they actually made the burrito with buffet ingredients!
Needless to say, this was the worst resaurant experience I have had in quite some time. I travel all the time, so I eat out very often. Thumbs down on the restaurant here, go to Waffle House!!!

Room Tip: The room you book may not be the room you get. DO NOT GO TO THE RESTAURANT!!!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Tom M
pkomar, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Tom M,
Thank you for taking the time to sit down and write a review about your recent stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Inner Harbor. This review was defiantly a tough read.

We're sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction during your recent stay with us. Please allow me to apologize for any inconvenience or negative impression this might have caused you. Our management has taken note of this and proper action has been taken to ensure that situations of this nature will not reoccur in the future.

I would like to thank you for your comments. Please note that we are home to Dottie’s coffee café, which brews a very high end locally sourced and roasted coffee, that is very delectable to all who love coffee.

Best Regards and Safe Travels,

Reviewed 19 March 2014

The staff at the Holiday Inn should be a model others aim to emulate. They were unbelievably friendly and willing to assist with any and all questions/requests. I've never had such a positive experience based on the staff. They also asked about your day and your travels. Most people do not stay at a hotel due to the staff, but I would recommend you do for this one!

Room Tip: Not all the rooms are the same. I suspect they are slowly remodeling them. Ask for the most update...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
pkomar, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Thank you for the kind comments about your stay at the Holiday Inn Inner Harbor. We hope to host you again!

Best Regards

Reviewed 18 March 2014

Arrived in this hotel after more than 24 hours flying made me wish for a good sleep and I did had! The room was nice, clean and comfortable. The elevator quite old and bit slow and noisy, but during my stay one of the elevator was on renovation, which I assume, the elevator were better now. Above all, the hotel staffs were very helpful in handling my request! I did not expect they handing my 'nursing-mom-on-travel' request nicely. Love, love, love the way they help me, I'm sure my baby back in my country that time say thank you to them as well (if she can speak).

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
pkomar, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Thanks for taking the time for writing about your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Inner Harbor on Tripadvisor. Glad that you enjoyed your stay.

Safe Travels,

Reviewed 13 March 2014

Good day to you. I wanted to say thank you for everything while staying here. Also wanted to say that Sierra, the lady that cleaned my room 603 while I was here was fantastic. She made my stay here comfortable while providing clean towels,rooms,and bed. In the future if I am back here at this hotel, I hope that I have the opportunity to have her on my floor while I am staying.
Thank you always.
Lamont D.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
pkomar, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Lamont D.

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. Your satisfaction is important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. We are pleased to know we were able to meet your needs during your stay. We have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Yours in Hospitality,

Reviewed 11 March 2014

We recently booked several rooms for our Friday/Saturday stay, while celebrating our daughters wedding. The Friday book in process was quick and went without any problems. The directions regarding the hotel amenities were explained quite clearly, especially how to exit and enter the parking area. Without these details the process could have been difficult due to the volume of traffic on Lombard St.
The lobby and surrounding area's decor were no less than appealing than others star accommodations, for a third of the price. Both of our double rooms were surprisingly and equipped with a refrigerator and microwave and a complimentary basket of treats and water that my son insisted, "we needed to pay for..", we did not.
The linens on the bed were tasteful and my husband spent several minutes trying to choose his favorite pillow from the various selections left on the beds.
Since we arrived at 6 and needed to be at a family dinner before 7 we spent little time in our rooms and returned around 11 PM. The halls were quite despite the number of rooms and the close proximity to the convention center which resulted in no vacancies. Unlike a previous stay, at a nearby hotel, the environment was conductive to a much needed peaceful nights sleep. Our room was located on the opposite end of the hall from other guests in our party and everyone commented on the same noiseless experience.
On Saturday several of our relatives, who had arrived early were allowed to check into their rooms well before check in. I had worked out arrangements with the front desk staff to allow the others to use our rooms. The front desk issued keys and everyone made the 2PM wedding looking great and refreshed.
On Saturday we had booked the Executive Suite so we could all gather and avoid driving in the city. It was so much more than we expected. An extremely large living room with a dry bar and several couches and chairs. The bedroom was as spacious as the single hotel rooms and the spare bathroom came in handy. Both rooms overlooked the inside of the Baltimore Stadium and several of our male guests were thrilled with view.(By the way the hotel is one block off of Pratt Street which runs along the harbor itself. But the highlight of this Suite was the spacious bath (not much smaller than the bedroom) complete with a heart shaped Jacuzzi. My husband of 24 years and I felt as if we were the bride and groom.
I cannot say enough about the Holiday Inn, Inner Harbor. In fact the worst part is yet to come. That is how we will explain to our daughter and new son-in-law why we perter a night at the Holiday Inn, Inner Harbor, Baltimore, when visiting them in the future.

Room Tip: All of our rooms were on the 10th floor in the main building.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
pkomar, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

CarnivalGirlPa,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us here in Baltimore. We sincerely appreciate feedback like this so we can determine were we are doing things right and perhaps some areas we need to revisit with training. I will share your comments with the staff here and hope to see you again in the future.

Yours in hospitality,

Reviewed 7 March 2014

This is a great Holiday Inn property. Although it is about 40 years old, it is fully updated, while maintaining many of the gracious features of urban hotels in the 60s and 70s. Virtually everything is spacious - - the lobby, rooms, restaurant, fitness center and indoor swimming pool. The fitness center is a true fitness center with a lot of equipment. The indoor pool is one of the largest, I've ever seen in a hotel. The hotel is easy walking distance to the inner harbor and the convention center. In fact, it's closer to the exhibit hall, than the hotels which are attached by walkways. Will seek this hotel for stays in the future

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
pkomar, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2014

Xcrunners,

Thank you for the outstanding review. You are right the Holiday Inn Inner Harbor turns 50 this June. http://www.innerharborhi.com/hotel-50th-anniversary-celebration/. Glad you enjoyed your stay, sound like you especially enjoyed our 24 hr fitness center and the largest indoor pool in Baltimore. We hope to see you again when your next convention rolls around.

Safe Travels,