“Great location and nice amenities”

Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor
Ranked #29 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I stayed at this hotel on business and pleasure. It is conveniently located for easy access to the Inner Harbor, Camden Yards, and various downtown restaurants. The fitness room is decent with 4 tread mills and other equipment, and the indoor pool is larger than a lot of hotels. The facility has an onsite bar and restaurant with a decent happy hour. The customer service at the hotel was good as well. Be aware that there is a very busy fire station across the street from the hotel that will likely wake you up at night if your room is on that side of the building.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
pkomar, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

John S,

Thanks for the great review, we hope to host you again on your next visit to Charm City!

Peter Komar

Write a ReviewReviews (1,078)

Reviewed 31 March 2014

I stayed here for a 4-day conference that was held at this facility. Friendly service and a nice comfortable room with many amenities for a very good price. The facility has an indoor pool, weight and exercise room with and good range of equipment, refrigerator and microwave in the room, and a nicely stocked coffee shop/snack store. There are numerous restaurants and bars within two blocks and a trolley station nearby. Our group package included a delicious breakfast bar with hot food and fresh fruit. I would definitely stay here again when in the Baltimore area.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
pkomar, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Ger2852,

Thank you for taking a time to write about your recent stay with here at the Holiday Inn Inner Harbor on Tripadvisor. We are glad you enjoyed the location and amenities. We hope you host you again should your travels bring you back to Charm City.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

Checked in really late (1:00 AM). Night auditor was at the desk, Shy'Dawn Davis. With a HUGE smile she checked me in, gave me a room upgrade, and even lowered the rate a few bucks to be more competitive. Then, to make it even more comfortable, handed me a few bags of popcorn! Great service and a pleasure to deal with.

Room Tip: New tower is quite comfortable.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
pkomar, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

heading_out_for_fun,

Thanks for the 4 Star review! We appreciate you recognizing Dawn, she is a great member of our team. We know that good people make all the difference. Thanks for choosing The Holiday Inn Inner Harbor!

Reviewed 25 March 2014

The hotel is conveniently located near the Inner Harbour area. But, don't be suprised if you do not get the type of room that you requested. I didn't and I spoke to other guests with the same complaint.
The hotel does not offer complimentary coffe service in the lobby, only in your room. I love coffee and what they pass off as coffee in the room is pathetic. Coffee is on sale though in the lobby???
Somehow I survived the lack of decent coffee and made my way to the restaurant for breakfast. What a disaster! This restaurant needs management help fast! First of all, I needed a coupon for my breakfast that I paid for with my room rate. Why didn't they give me this coupon when I checked in? I had to wait at reception for my coupon, as other guests were checking out. Upon returning to the resaurant, I was seated finally, only to be ignored. After 10 minutes I left and told the hostess that I would return later and maybe receive some service. I assume they are gearred for everyone to have the buffet? I returned a short while later and received service. I ordered for the ala carte menu hoping to get food that was better quality than the buffet. I had the breakfast burrito that was mosly potatos with a side order of potatos. Potato overload! I think they actually made the burrito with buffet ingredients!
Needless to say, this was the worst resaurant experience I have had in quite some time. I travel all the time, so I eat out very often. Thumbs down on the restaurant here, go to Waffle House!!!

Room Tip: The room you book may not be the room you get. DO NOT GO TO THE RESTAURANT!!!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Tom M
pkomar, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Tom M,
Thank you for taking the time to sit down and write a review about your recent stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Inner Harbor. This review was defiantly a tough read.

We're sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction during your recent stay with us. Please allow me to apologize for any inconvenience or negative impression this might have caused you. Our management has taken note of this and proper action has been taken to ensure that situations of this nature will not reoccur in the future.

I would like to thank you for your comments. Please note that we are home to Dottie’s coffee café, which brews a very high end locally sourced and roasted coffee, that is very delectable to all who love coffee.

Best Regards and Safe Travels,

Reviewed 19 March 2014

The staff at the Holiday Inn should be a model others aim to emulate. They were unbelievably friendly and willing to assist with any and all questions/requests. I've never had such a positive experience based on the staff. They also asked about your day and your travels. Most people do not stay at a hotel due to the staff, but I would recommend you do for this one!

Room Tip: Not all the rooms are the same. I suspect they are slowly remodeling them. Ask for the most update...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
pkomar, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Thank you for the kind comments about your stay at the Holiday Inn Inner Harbor. We hope to host you again!

Best Regards

Reviewed 18 March 2014

Arrived in this hotel after more than 24 hours flying made me wish for a good sleep and I did had! The room was nice, clean and comfortable. The elevator quite old and bit slow and noisy, but during my stay one of the elevator was on renovation, which I assume, the elevator were better now. Above all, the hotel staffs were very helpful in handling my request! I did not expect they handing my 'nursing-mom-on-travel' request nicely. Love, love, love the way they help me, I'm sure my baby back in my country that time say thank you to them as well (if she can speak).

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
pkomar, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Thanks for taking the time for writing about your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Inner Harbor on Tripadvisor. Glad that you enjoyed your stay.

Safe Travels,

Reviewed 13 March 2014

Good day to you. I wanted to say thank you for everything while staying here. Also wanted to say that Sierra, the lady that cleaned my room 603 while I was here was fantastic. She made my stay here comfortable while providing clean towels,rooms,and bed. In the future if I am back here at this hotel, I hope that I have the opportunity to have her on my floor while I am staying.
Thank you always.
Lamont D.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
pkomar, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Lamont D.

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. Your satisfaction is important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. We are pleased to know we were able to meet your needs during your stay. We have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Yours in Hospitality,