“Weekend Stay”

Ranked #31 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Fairfax, Virginia
“Weekend Stay”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

My wife and I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn and couldn't have had a better experience. We decided to stay here last minute and from start to Finish Richard McSweeney was extremely helpful and accommodating. I would definitely recommend reaching out to him for your next weekend getaway in the inner harbor!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bill A
pkomar, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a 5* review about your stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Inner Harbor in Baltimore! We are glad you enjoyed the area, your stay and interaction with staff. The team here certainly agrees that Richard is a great asset to our Sales and Catering Department.

Should you travels bring you back to Charm City, we certain hope to be able accommodate you and your family again.

Until then, Safe Travels,

General Manage

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
  • Korean first
East Orange
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I have always enjoyed staying at this location when I am in Baltimore, the location is great for the Harbor, It was PERFECT for a concert that I was attending ALONE that weeked, This hotel sits at the back of the parking garage to the Arena, The King room I had was spacious & updated, I was given a room right off the elevator next to the soda machine, Which I thought b/c I booked thru Hotwire, I was getting a crappy room, BUT to my dismay I didn't hear a peep, and was very comfortable, The location is very public transportation friendly, between the light rail & Penn Station I can never go wrong, the 7-11 on the corner is also great for late night snacks

Room Tip: Read Reviews!!!!!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
pkomar, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Thanks for the great review! We are glad to see that you had a great time in Charm City and enjoyed our central location and property.

Safe Travels,
Suitland, Maryland
Reviewed 22 July 2014

First of all I would like to extend a very personal thank you to Gordon with the security staff and Dawn Davis- Night Manager. These two staff members was instrumental in making our stay unforgettable. They never knew the purpose of my stay with 2 of my best friends was because I was re-diagnosed with breast cancer 3 weeks ago after battling through it last year. My friends decided that they wanted to drive from New York to Southern Maryland to pick me up and drive back north to Baltimore to spend a few days with me, forgetting everything and just enjoying each others company.
Due to a few mishaps upon our late night arrival on Friday evening we were compensated with a wonderful buffet breakfast (food and service was outstanding) and a complementary dinner. Service at breakfast and dinner was perfect. I have nothing negative to say about this establishment. My friends and I plan to do this every six months. Location was perfect. Room and beds were extra comfortable and the linens were beautiful (I have to get a few of those pillows..lol).
Everything was in walking distance. We parked our car and did not move it again until we were leaving to return home. Looking forward to the next time.

Thank you for employing such wonderful staff and allowing them to be generous in appreciating your guest. I am a "living" witness that kindness pays off!!!! May God bless the fruit of your labor.

Sandra M- Survivor
Jacqueline M
Melissa O

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Sandra M
pkomar, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a 5* review about your stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Inner Harbor in Charm City! We are glad you enjoyed your stay and that Gordon and Dawn were able to make it into a positive experience.

Should you travels bring you back to Charm City, we certain hope to be able to host you again!

Flint, Michigan
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I stayed at here for a conference, and I must say I was very impressed with the facility. My room was spacious, modernized and - most importantly - CLEAN! The facilities were great, and the staff (especially John Hathaway) was absolutely amazing! The location was also primo, right in the heart of the harbor area with close proximity to plenty of restaurants and tourist spots.

My only issue was the expensive parking, which I supposed is to be expected in a major city. And on game days, don't count on being able to find a spot.

Other than that, I have no issues. Overall, my stay was excellent and I'd recommend this spot for anybody visiting the Baltimore Harbor area!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
pkomar, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Thanks for the awesome review about your stay with us here in Charm City. I. I will share your comments with John, he is certainly a great staff member!

We hope you host you again in the future!

Avondale, Arizona
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

The checkin staff is great always very friendly when I've stayed here. The restaurant staff are friendly most of the time except for a few workers. The restaurant staff does look overworked though they need more helpers. The rooms have been updated but are starting to show they need repairs for some stuff in the rooms. Overall had a ok stay.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank travelermanPhoenix
pkomar, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear travelermanPhoenix,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay here on the East Coast. I am glad that you found our Front Office Staff accommodating and friendly. We will use comments like this to share during meetings and service training.

We hope to host you again on your next layover in Charm City, until then stay cool in the Southwest!

Safe Travels,
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I had a very good stay at the Holiday Inn Inner Harbor in Baltimore, Md. I just attended the Firehouse Expo this past week in Baltimore. I arrived on Wednesday morning and it was before the normal check in time so rooms were not quite ready yet. The front desk staff were very good about checking me in and advising that I would be called by phone when my room was ready. I advised that will be fine and I checked by luggage with their valet and headed out to enjoy the city and have lunch.

Upon returning to the hotel I was advised my room was ready and proceeded to head to the room. I arrived to a nicely furnished clean room on the 9th floor, king bed with sofa. All was in order with the room. Housekeeping did a great job cleaning the room each day of my stay. I must say that for an older property the hotel is in very good shape overall. I did however encounter two minor problems during my stay. The first problem was the key card reader on the room door stopped working. Of course I first went to the front desk just to be sure it wasn't a programming problem with the key card. I was assisted at the front desk by Jacinda, she quickly checked the key card and noted the programming was fine. She immediately notified maintenance of the issue and told me that someone from maintenance would meet me at my room. Jacinda had a smile the whole time and was very courteous and professional. Upon returning to my room Tom from maintenance arrived within 2 minutes. He quickly diagnosed the problem and within 15 minutes completely changed out the card reader on the door and had it working like new. Good job Jacinda and Tom!

The other problem occured on the final morning. On my last morning apparantly the hot water for the entire hotel was out. I notified the front desk of the problem and once again spoke with Jacinda. Jacinda advised they were aware of the problem and apologized for the problem and that repairs were in progress. Jacinda made sure to see if there was anything I needed or would like to compensate me for the trouble. Jacinda offered a complimentary breakfast in the hotel restaurant that I found to be completely acceptable.

So to sum things up. Was it a perfect stay? No, but the hotel staff was fantastic in addressing and taking care of the problems and ensuring that I was satisfied with the results. Would I stay here again? Absolutely! The hotel is close to many attractions with multiple means of transportation if you don't feel like walking. The staff is courteous, professional, and friendly which to me makes a difference when you do encounter any problems that you make them aware of.
Good job Holiday Inn Inner Harbor Baltimore, Md.!!!!!

Room Tip: If you like fire trucks the hotel is across the street from the busiest fire station in the city of...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Inner Harbor Baltimore and for sharing our comments on trip advisor.

I will pass you comments on to Jacinta who will be thrilled to see that she made your stay.

We hope to see you again next year for Firehouse!

Scarsdale, New York
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I just stayed 2 nights at the hotel great location. Sonika at the front desk was great and was able to help out with everything. All hotels should have employees like her. Thank you Sonika for making our trip nice and easy.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Thanks for taking the time to write a review about your stay here with us in Baltimore. We hope to host you again in the near future!

Best Regards,