“Very pleased”

Ranked #31 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Very pleased”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

I will definitely choose the Holiday Inn Express-Inner Harbor in the future. The front desk staff were friendly and accommodating, as well as the other staff, including the restaurant and Dottie's workers. A huge bottled water, popcorn, oat & honey granola bar, chocolate chip cookies, and crackers with nutella were waiting on me in my room. The room also has a microwave and refrigerator which is just great.

The hotel has a restaurant and coffee shop/convenience store on the lobby level. It also has a nice-sized workout room, pool, and sauna. The doorman was also helpful in explaining various parts of the city.

The Holiday-Inn Express is walking distance to the Baltimore Convention Center and Harbor West where there is plenty of music, shopping, and food.

I received my wake-up call on time and never had to request cleaning service like some hotels who inadvertently forget to stop by your room.

The only reason I did not give this place five stars is because when I made the reservation the reservationists assured me there would be complimentary continental breakfast, the hot water in the shower took a few minutes to kick in, and the bed wasn't up to my standards - I like pillow top and thick comfortable blankets.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Coleman V
pkomar, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We are sorry for the shortfalls you have experienced during your stay. Your comments are highly valuable and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Yours in Hospitality,

Peter Komar

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stayed there last weekend. Everyone we spoke to was friendly and helpful, the staff were great. The room was a decent size, though the bathroom was tiny!, and they had weird square pillows which were changed out the following day.

However it's not really in Inner Harbor, more like a 10 minute walk away. I didn't know Baltimore at all, but in the future I would chose a better location, as this wasn't close to anything I really wanted to see, and lots of other hotels were. That being said, it was clean and safe, a perfectly adequate business hotel with friendly staff and a reasonable rate.

Room Tip: It has free wifi, but very slow and you couldn't download a movie with that wifi, it would tak...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Liat0001
pkomar, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion about your stay with here at the Holiday Inn Inner Harbor. The Inner Harbor is located 4 blocks away from our hotel, however we are in the Inner Harbor neighbor hood of Baltimore. I am sorry that you felt mislead. We appreciate your comments about the staff and that you found you accommodations acceptable.

Safe Travels,

Baltimore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

Never again would my husband and I stay at this hotel . First front desk charged us way more than what they should have , the cashiers at the coffee shop had nasty attitudes no friendly greeting at all. After we finally got situated in our room which was dirty, filthy like the room hasn't been cleaned in days !! We came down for breakfast just for us to be waiting 20mins to be seated when the restaurant was empty. We had three different servers because no one wanting to wait on us, so our food came out even longer! We ask to speak to a manger but was told there is no manger we are our own boss?! What kind of established place is this ! Like I said never again!

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank lovehope7
pkomar, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 30 July 2014

Yours in Hospitality,

Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

My wife and I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn and couldn't have had a better experience. We decided to stay here last minute and from start to Finish Richard McSweeney was extremely helpful and accommodating. I would definitely recommend reaching out to him for your next weekend getaway in the inner harbor!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bill A
pkomar, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a 5* review about your stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Inner Harbor in Baltimore! We are glad you enjoyed the area, your stay and interaction with staff. The team here certainly agrees that Richard is a great asset to our Sales and Catering Department.

Should you travels bring you back to Charm City, we certain hope to be able accommodate you and your family again.

Until then, Safe Travels,

General Manage
East Orange
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

I have always enjoyed staying at this location when I am in Baltimore, the location is great for the Harbor, It was PERFECT for a concert that I was attending ALONE that weeked, This hotel sits at the back of the parking garage to the Arena, The King room I had was spacious & updated, I was given a room right off the elevator next to the soda machine, Which I thought b/c I booked thru Hotwire, I was getting a crappy room, BUT to my dismay I didn't hear a peep, and was very comfortable, The location is very public transportation friendly, between the light rail & Penn Station I can never go wrong, the 7-11 on the corner is also great for late night snacks

Room Tip: Read Reviews!!!!!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
pkomar, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Thanks for the great review! We are glad to see that you had a great time in Charm City and enjoyed our central location and property.

Safe Travels,
Suitland, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

First of all I would like to extend a very personal thank you to Gordon with the security staff and Dawn Davis- Night Manager. These two staff members was instrumental in making our stay unforgettable. They never knew the purpose of my stay with 2 of my best friends was because I was re-diagnosed with breast cancer 3 weeks ago after battling through it last year. My friends decided that they wanted to drive from New York to Southern Maryland to pick me up and drive back north to Baltimore to spend a few days with me, forgetting everything and just enjoying each others company.
Due to a few mishaps upon our late night arrival on Friday evening we were compensated with a wonderful buffet breakfast (food and service was outstanding) and a complementary dinner. Service at breakfast and dinner was perfect. I have nothing negative to say about this establishment. My friends and I plan to do this every six months. Location was perfect. Room and beds were extra comfortable and the linens were beautiful (I have to get a few of those pillows..lol).
Everything was in walking distance. We parked our car and did not move it again until we were leaving to return home. Looking forward to the next time.

Thank you for employing such wonderful staff and allowing them to be generous in appreciating your guest. I am a "living" witness that kindness pays off!!!! May God bless the fruit of your labor.

Sandra M- Survivor
Jacqueline M
Melissa O

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Sandra M
pkomar, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a 5* review about your stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Inner Harbor in Charm City! We are glad you enjoyed your stay and that Gordon and Dawn were able to make it into a positive experience.

Should you travels bring you back to Charm City, we certain hope to be able to host you again!

Flint, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

I stayed at here for a conference, and I must say I was very impressed with the facility. My room was spacious, modernized and - most importantly - CLEAN! The facilities were great, and the staff (especially John Hathaway) was absolutely amazing! The location was also primo, right in the heart of the harbor area with close proximity to plenty of restaurants and tourist spots.

My only issue was the expensive parking, which I supposed is to be expected in a major city. And on game days, don't count on being able to find a spot.

Other than that, I have no issues. Overall, my stay was excellent and I'd recommend this spot for anybody visiting the Baltimore Harbor area!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
pkomar, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Thanks for the awesome review about your stay with us here in Charm City. I. I will share your comments with John, he is certainly a great staff member!

We hope you host you again in the future!