“Very quiet”

Ranked #15 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Croydon
“Very quiet”
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

Hotel was very nice and quiet. The only 2 things we didn't like were: 1) you could hear the toilet flush and the shower from the room next to us. It was very loud. And 2) you could hear everything going on in the hallway. So it was not very private.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (314)
  • Korean first
Greenwich, Connecticut
Reviewed 23 February 2014

The Hyatt in undergoing a renovation of its lobby but the disruption and noise were kept to a minimum and did not negatively impact our stay. We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights because my son was participating in an athletic event, so good food and a quiet nights sleep were very important and the Hyatt delivered. The beds were comfortable and the room and bathroom were very clean. The sheets were changed with new ones every day. The staff were incredibly helpful and were always trying to make our stay as comfortable as possible. I highly recommend this hotel now and when the lobby renovation is complete it will be even better.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback regarding your recent stay at the Hyatt Regency Baltimore. Despite that the hotel was under renovation, I am glad to hear that you had an excellent quiet nights sleep and the noise did not impact negatively your stay. Also, it is always a pleasure to hear that you will highly recommend the hotel now and later after the renovation is done for its comfy bed and clean bathroom as well as the very helpful and friendly staff who tried to make the stay as comfortable as possible. Your appreciation was forwarded to the Executive management team at the hotel. Hope to welcoming you in the near future.

Johny E.-A Guest Relations Associate
Lancaster, PA
Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

We spent a Sunday night on February 16, 2014 as a little winter getaway. We've stayed here 3 other times and have always enjoyed our stay. This time was different though. My husband booked the room from his work travel portal and never knew the lobby was under construction. The worst part was that in order to get to Light Street you had to walk through the parking garage or through the lobby to the backside of the hotel and walk two blocks out around to get to the Harbor. The only other option was to take the walkway over to the shopping area. There is no real dining option other than the Bistro 300 which is over priced with a limited menu. The floor upon which the hotel store is located was blocked by a private function when we arrived. The coffee shop was not open the whole time we were there including for breakfast Monday morning. This particular trip was definitely not worth our $150 stay for a Sunday night with the $28 parking fee. I will call the hotel directly next time to be sure all amenities are available. Very disappointed. Next booking will be elsewhere in the Harbor.

• Stayed February 2014
Reston, Virginia
Reviewed 20 February 2014

My boyfriend and I visited Hyatt Regency Baltimore for a short weekend getaway from Northern Virginia. We arrived in Baltimore and called the hotel to see if they would allow us to check-in. The room was not available for early check in so we decided to walk around the harbor.

We visited the aquarium which was walking distance to the hotel. We stop and had a drink & came back to check in at 4pm. The lobby was under renovation so we checked in at the temporary lobby area. Check in was quick and the staff was extremely helpful.

Our room was on the 11th floor with the harbor view (lovely view). I did not think the room was worth what we paid however it was clean, quiet and within walking distance to the harbor area. One feature I did love about the room was the sound machine that is provided! The front desk called to see if we wanted turn down service or if we needed any dinner reservations made.

We went and had dinner in the Harbour and drove about 20 minutes to MD Live Casino which was a lot of fun. The next morning I called the front desk to ask for brunch suggestions and they suggested Miss Sherly's which was absolutely fantastic. Overall good experience at Hyatt Regency Baltimore but I think it was a little expensive for what was offered overall.

Room Tip: Harbor view was amazing & I enjoyed being on the 11th floor.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Conroe, Texas, USA
Reviewed 11 February 2014

I stayed here on a business sponsored 4 day conference. The hotel is walking distance to the Aquarium and Inner Harbor. The food served at the conferences was varied and delicious. The only downside were the outdated rooms. The tiled shower had stained grout and low water pressure. The toiletries supplied were few and low quality. You can request, borrow or buy many supplies though. The king bed was very comfortable with many different kinds of pillows. The view from my room was great and ac/heat unit worked well. The lobby is being renovated and if they renovate the rooms too this hotel could be a very nice place to stay.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank seastar325
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
seastar325,

Thank you for providing your feedback, I truly appreciate you taking your time to do so. I hope to welcome you back to our property very soon!

Best Wishes,
-Paul R.
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Hotel is doing renovations but you barely notice other than some areas blocked off. The rooms are clean and comfortable. A little on the small side but not much to complain about. The hotel staff is exceptional helpful. I was there for a business meeting and all those involved provide superior customer service. You cannot beat the location (Inner Harbor) with many restaurants near for any taste

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
I am very happy to hear that you had a great stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback and please come back and see us again soon!

Thanks,

Danny
Guest Relations Associate
Bunker Hill, West Virginia
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Stayed at this hotel for a conference. The front lobby is undergoing a renovation, but that had no impact on my stay or this review. Check in and out were quick and smooth. Parking is rather expensive at $28 per night, but that's the average price for downtown Baltimore/DC. The location is perfect, if you're interested in the Inner Harbor attractions. It's also close to the stadiums, so it would be a good choice if you're visiting for an O's or Ravens game.

Now for what I feel needs improvement to be considered a true 4 star hotel. The rooms are very basic! All you get is two double beds or one queen bed, a TV, a desk, 2 chairs, iron/ironing board, coffee maker, a safe, and a mini bar. I've stayed at the Days Inn Inner Harbor, a couple blocks away, and really couldn't distinguish between the 2.5 star Days Inn and the Hyatt. The bathroom is small with very little counter space. The shower curtian hook was broken and there wasn't any soap for the shower. There is no exhaust fan in the bathroom, so it gets really steamed up after a shower. The hotel is a nice choice and the views are some of the best in Baltimore, but I just don't feel it deserves a 4 star rating. I was pleased with my stay, especially since I recieved the coporate/conference rate. If I would have paid the full price I would have probably been disappointed.

If you get a good rate, I recommend you give the Hyatt a try. But if you're expecting 4 star service and amenities, you may be a little disappointed. I would stay again, if the price is right, but I wouldn't go out of my way to choose this hotel. Like I said in the review title, it's an OK place, but it's nothing special. There are plenty of hotel choices nearby, the Hyatt doen't really stand out from any of them.

Room Tip: Try to get a room above the 8th floor with an even number. These rooms face the Inner Harbor.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business