“Great location across from Harbour!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor

Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor
Ranked #17 of 65 Hotels in Baltimore
Calgary, Canada
“Great location across from Harbour!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

The location is prime right across from the Harbour however I would be wary about walking alone outside at night. I walked down E Pratt Street hoping to go to Little Italy to eat in the evening but then the streets got really quiet and there were some shady looking people on the side streets. I ended up turning back and ate at PF Chang's located on E Pratt street. There is a huge Barnes and Noble right across the street from PF Chang's and its 5 minutes walking distance from this hotel. It was a great place to grab a coffee and look at books. Also your are within walking distance to water taxi, national aquarium, shopping center and restaurants.

This is a typical Hyatt hotel. I stayed 4 nights for a conference. The parkade is attached to the hotel if you need to park your vehicle. The cost is US $28 per day for self parking and US $40 per day for valet. I suggest you self park All cars are parked in the same parkade next to the hotel - valet parking on floors 1 and 2 and self parking floors 3 through 5, this is the only difference. When you check in the reception will mention a charge of US $50 per day deposit for bar usage. You get it back if you do not use the bar in the room at the end of your stay. I would not use anything in the bar, its just drinks and candies. Just go to the second floor travel traders shop or CVS one block up Light Street and get what you want instead of paying $50 per day. Internet is NOT free for guests however if you call the front desk and get someone nice and asked them for the passcode for internet you can login internet for free instead of paying. FYI the passcode is baltimore. There is a pool and a fitness facility. My room was located on the sixth floor (where the pool is located. I did not get much of a view from my room. I was looking out onto Light street, the front of the hotel. Some nights it was quite loud from the street. Room service was good. Everything was tidy when I came back to the room each day. Bed was comfortable.

I ate at 300 Bistro the restaurant inside the hotel on two occasions. I was extremely disappointed and frustrated with the service. This is definitely not what I expect from Hyatt in terms of services. This is the first time I had to file a compliant with management at the restaurant. The first time I had lunch early approximately 11 am so the restaurant was pretty quiet. The restaurant has poor/no management at all. I had no idea who my waiter/waitress was until the end of the meal. I see some waiters/waitresses standing there not doing anything while others are running around. After waiting for 5 minutes, an older woman waitress came to take my order. I ordered a sandwich and she asked me what side I wanted. She started listing off the sides - fries, salad, soup, and berries. I told her I wanted berries. I sat there reading my book when the older woman came back literally in FIVE minutes asking me "You wanted fries on the side, right?" Mentally, I am thinking "Are you serious?" but I told her "No, I ordered berries." The waitresses then said "Okay, I will tell them to remove the fries." I sat there waiting for my food and it came out in about 5 minutes. The sandwich tasted alright, nothing special. However, during the course of eating my meal the older woman waitress came to ask me how is the food then 2 minutes later another waiter asked me how the food again. After the meal, I asked the waitress for my bill and she said that another waiter will be with me. What??? I am not sure how it works in US but in Canada usually the waiter/waitress that takes your order is your waiter/waitress. That is my first experience. You think this is bad well here is my second experience. So I went back to the restaurant again for lunch around 12:30 pm again for convenience. This time I still DO NOT know who my waiter/waitress. A male waiter came by to take my order. I ordered soup and a side of fries. I told the waiter I want the tomato soup, the vegan one. He said "alright". I waited for about 15 minutes as it was lunch time so I understand it could take a little longer. During my waiting period, another waiter came up to my table and asked me if my order has been taken. Really?? I told him yes another waiter has taken my order. My food came out in about 15 minutes. When the waiter (same waiter that took my order) put down my food I looked at him and told him this soup does not look like tomato soup and its creme based. He looked at me and said this is crab soup. He said he will change it right away. I said alright. Then he brings out my tomato soup. I finished and asked for the bill. When he bought back the bill I looked it over and saw on the receipt that he charged me for crab soup. I waved him down and told him that "I did not order and have the crab soup." The waiter's reply was "the crab soup and tomato soup is the same price." I did not want to argue with the waiter, when is SEAFOOD soup and VEGETABLE soup ever the same price? I told him to go double check menu and give me a correct receipt. He took the receipt away and came back in about 2 minutes with the correct price which was obviously lower for tomato soup versus crab soup. The waiter did not even apologize for the inconvenience. He just left the bill there on the table. Management needs to make it mandatory for all waiters/waitresses to WRITE down customer's order.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (303)
  • Korean first
Springfield, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

We recently stayed at this hotel (3/29/2014) for a weekend in Baltimore. The hotel is absolutely beautiful and clean, centric and easily walkable to EVERYTHING in Inner Harbour, but what made this hotel stand out the most is the hotel's amazing staff. They are extremely welcoming and friendly, making sure to accommodate all of your needs. Starting from being able to check in 4 hours early prior to check-in time, to the valet parking service, and the conceirge staff...they all went out of their way to make our stay perfect. Not once did they sound scripted, obligated or fake...they truly made us feel comfortable and welcome, and pointed us out to the best hotspots of Baltimore. Customer service here is 5 star.

The hotel is situated right on the harbour front. Right from the hotel are walkways that take you to the shopping center across the street, where there is so much to see and do (and eat!). Of course there is so much to see in Baltimore, but that was a nice aspect to this hotel. There is so much diversity in this area... from Ripley's Beleive it or Not museum to countless bars and restaurants...you will never be bored or hungry (or thirsty!).

We recommend staying as high as possible so you can overlook the beauty of the Inner Harbour and city. Try to request a corner room...our room literally had a wall of windows that made for spectacular views and natural lighting (and romantic views a night). Even the lobby is beautiul...the glass elevators add a elegant touch and makes going to your room fun, with views of the massive lobby area on one side and outdoor views on the other.

Couple of things to consider when deciding where to stay. First, parking in Baltimore is a premium. We made the mistake of parking at a public ramp prior to check in and it cost $14 for an hour. The hotel has parking garage, which was $28...still a little steep but certainly wished we would have known that before as we would have just parked there to begin with. You can go in and out as many times a you want and have up to 5:00pm the next day. Also, this hotel does not have an indoor swimming pool. Obviously being March the outdoor pool is not usable.

If you come to Baltmore, book your stay here!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MannyDana
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
I am glad to see you enjoyed your stay so much. Our staff will be happy to hear that you felt they were friendly and helpful. Thank you for recommending our location and let people know about the parking in the area. I hope you get to stay with us again soon.

-John S, Guest Relations Associate
florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

As always, you can rely on my reviews. Service was excellent. Hotel is very nice, but convention like. By that I mean it was large with escalators large conference rooms, etc.. The room was very clean and updated. The bathroom toilet was very low and had a commercial handle flusher,odd. There was some noise from the halls and the construction. Probably not worth the typical cost but nothing to compare it to other than the 4 Seasons, and that was much more and nicer. I booked on Hotwire for almost half the price. Great value. !!!!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 12 April 2014
I am very pleased to hear that you had a very pleasant stay at the Hyatt Regency Baltimore. We are grateful to hear that you highly recommend our property to your friends and family for its great location, cleanness, and its excellent customer service. Thank you for sharing your appreciation with us and your kind comments were forwarded to the Executive management at the hotel. Hope to welcoming you again in the near future.

Johny E.-A Guest Relations Associate
New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

Just returned from a conference at the Baltimore Convention Center and chose to stay at the Hyatt based on TA reviews. As others have mentioned, the customer service at the Hyatt is consistently remarkable. It's so good, I would like to replicate it at my work-place.
When I made the reservation, I upgraded to the business plan under the impression that the room would be larger than a standard room but found it was not. After discussing this with the front desk personnel, the business plan was removed from my bill. I also paid for the Regency Club which included a continental breakfast, appetizers in the evening, and non-alcoholic beverages. This was well worth the add-on.
I stayed on the 12th floor facing the harbor and asked for a quiet room when the reservation was made and found that this was the case.
A special thank you to Jesse, The Regency Club concierge, and Erin, front desk rep for their outstanding customer service.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive comments regarding your recent stay at the Hyatt Regency Baltimore Convention Center. It is always a pleasure to hear that you were impressed by Jesse "the Regency Club Concierge" and Erin "the front desk rep" for their outstanding customer service provided during your stay. Please be assured that despite the disappointment you had about the size of the room included with your business plan package, your appreciation was forwarded to the Executive management at the hotel. Hope to welcoming you in the near future.

Johny E.-A Guest Relations Associate
West Chester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

Stayed here for the first time to attend a specialty conference. Very impressed with the staff, my room, even the elevator. Very friendly, professional and efficient check-in; felt like they really wanted me there. The elevator to the 14th floor was so fast I thought i was only on the 7th floor.

Room was very nice. Urban hotels are challenging for street noise such as police, ambulance, homeless, rowdies, etc. But the Hyatt was prepared for this with a bedside white noise generator. I've never seen one before in a hotel, but this was awesome. Worked like a charm. Folks at our conference who didn't know to turn the white noise on complained about the urban noise. Once they learned to use the white noise generator, they slept well.

My longest wait for the elevator was about 8 minutes, which is remarkable. Usually my wait was a few seconds.

Internet was lightning fast. Great for business during down time.

Room Tip: This is a city. Pick a high floor.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and the wonderful staff. Very happy to hear you enjoyed our room accommodations as well as our unique amenities. We hope that you can make it in again and hope to see you again soon.

Becky S
Corydon, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

This property is exceptionally clean, friendly, and oozes with extraordinary customer service. But don't check out without reviewing your final bill. It seems Hyatt is following the latest trend in the industry to rig their honor bars with weight-sensitive racks that generate fees even when you don't use an item. In fact, I never even noticed the honor bar in my room, much less touched any item. But upon checkout, two items had been billed to my room. I stayed alone, never even noticed the honor bar, and housekeeping never entered. These new honor bar racks are weight-sensitive, so the least little nudge sends a signal to the hotel's computer and adds an expense to your statement. I suppose that's what happened. When I said I never even saw the honor bar, I was told it was under the coffee maker in the cabinet. I must have jarred the cabinet when making coffee, generating a charge.

The receptionist was more than willing to erase the charges, so I didn't have to make a fuss, but still. Today's honor bars are traps, and more than a little unethical in my opinion. Hotels must be raking in the revenue from guests who don't scrutinize their statements prior to checkout.

On a positive note, this property's staff are customer-service wizards. Being gluten-free, they went out of their way to accommodate me. I was there for a conference, and found no gluten-free options in the organization's evening reception. I asked Kim, who works in the catering department, if the pasta bar had any gluten-free options, and she said no. The next thing I know, she brings out this covered dish with a magnificent plate of chicken breast, broccolini, and mashed potatoes. I ate better than anyone at the reception! They know how to treat you like royalty.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
I'm so happy you enjoyed the hotel and our wonderful staff. I'm so happy to hear that Kim brought you the wonderful meal. We have some great people working with us. We would love to have you back again at the hotel and hope to see you soon.

Becky S
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

BUSY hotel. Had a few conventions when we were there which made for lots of "mob scenes" at the elevator (and lots of waiting) and loud noise in hallways (due to all the 13-17 year olds at one of the conventions). Over half of the hotel rooms face a very busy street and are loud (as well as the ship in harbor that blows a cannon every few minutes that sounds like a bomb going off), rooms are standard (in need of face lifts. Appear very used), bathrooms are upgraded and nice, towels are awful and cheap, gym is pathetic. It's huge, but all old equipment. The best two things about this hotel are: 1) location. Right across from harbor 2)Service. The service was top notch from the door men, security, front desk, valet and anyone who had on a "Hyatt" uniform was more than friendly. Russell, a young man who helped us move rooms (had our 3 month old and we started off with a very noisy room facing street. We needed more quiet) and we had 3 weeks worth of luggage from a vacation we just returned from and just staying one night in B'more. He helped move everything as well as our babies pack and play, already set up. He did EVERYTHING with a smile and to be honest, I thought he was the hotel manager when I first got to the hotel because he was so professional and polite. I would stay again if they had a good rate, but would not stay if I could find something at another 4-5 star hotel in the city. Not an awful hotel, but not what I expected from a 4 star hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back of the hotel. You might not get the "harbor view", but trust me...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family