“Useful for Large Functions/Galas”

Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor
Ranked #13 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I would actually rate this between average and very good.

We had in excess of 500 people attend a formal event.

My company has used the Hyatt before in the past, so the logistics of setting up everything was relatively painless.

It's important to do a line item review of services and costs as with most service industries, the hidden costs are usually not discussed unless actively looked for and asked about.

Over all, the service provided by the staff to the attendees was good.

The location of the hotel permitted guests to walk around Baltimore Harbor and enjoy some of the finer local bars upon the event's conclusion.

The rooms set aside for those desiring to stay at the Hyatt were good rooms.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Liz-HRB, Manager at Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Thank you for your positive feedback! We are so happy that your gala planning went well and that your guests enjoyed their stay with us! We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hyatt Regency Baltimore in the future.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,365)

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I stayed in the Hyatt last year while attending a conference. I had the chance to interact with the hotel GM who was very pleasant and understand the importance of customer service. The staff at the hotel were also pleasant and very helpful. One of the attendants in the garage even offered bottled water. Can't remember the last time that happened at a hotel, especially in the garage. The location of the hotel is very nice. The hotel is right on the inner harbor and provides the ability for one to take a nice long leisurely walk (or run for that matter) to take up the sites and sounds. With regards to location, the hotel also seems to be close to downtown Baltimore, but I could be wrong about that point. I had a great room with a great view. I would be quite happy to stay here again. One last thing, the catered food at the event was very tasty as well.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Liz-HRB, Manager at Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Thank you for posting a review of your stay with us. We're thrilled that you enjoyed your trip to Baltimore and were able to explore Charm City during your conference. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 10 June 2014

The Hyatt on Baltimore's Inner Harbor couldn't be better situated for the perfect Preakness weekend. It sits within walking distance to numerous restaurants and bars for evening entertainment, including the Capital Grille which was equal in service and effort to Hyatt's. A cab ride to Pimlico was affordable and convenient. Worth consideration due to location alone, but the Hyatt staff and accommodations make this hotel my future choice for Baltimore visits.

Room Tip: Higher floors offer outstanding views of the Inner Harbor. And your kids will love the uniquely-sha...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for posting a review of your stay with us. We're thrilled that you enjoyed Preakness and your stay in Baltimore. Our staff truly is our best feature and we're happy to hear you agree with us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I checked in and my room was at the back of the hotel, instead of the front as I had requested. I called the front desk and was told that it was an upgrade charge to move to the front of the hotel (I was staying as part of a conference, and all the other attendees were in rooms at the front). I let that go, stayed in my room, unpacked, and went to meetings. When I returned to the hotel at approximately 10:30pm, I changed into pajamas and tried to go to bed. I went to turn down the bed, and the sheets were stained. It was a two double bed room, so I decided to simply move to the other bed. Turned down the sheets and THOSE SHEETS WERE STAINED AS WELL. These were not microscopic stains, they were pretty noticeable - one looked like lipstick or makeup (pink color) and the other was a dark brown stain. UNACCEPTABLE. I called the front desk and they told me they'd send someone up to change the linens. I requested to change rooms instead. The front desk person was polite and courteous, and I was moved to a room several floors up. I packed up all my belongings and moved to the new room. When I tried to unpack, there were no hangers in the closet in the new room. I called down to the front desk again to request hangers. Twenty minutes later, a very polite young man brought me hangers THAT DID NOT FIT OVER THE ROD IN THE CLOSET. At that point, I gave up and went to bed.

In the morning, I noticed that in the new room, the curtains were stained and torn (significantly) and the shampoo and conditioner in the shower appeared to have been used previously (about 1/3 full). That night, at approximately 2:50am, I was awakened from a sound sleep by a group of young men hollering (and I do mean bellowing) in the hallway. This continued for about 10 minutes, until I heard someone else admonish them to be quiet. It took me about 30 minutes to get back to sleep.

This hotel has a great location, across the street from Inner Harbor, three blocks from Camden Yard and walking distance from many of the main tourist attractions. However, since I've had three negative experiences in three stays (see prior review), I doubt I'll be giving them another chance. A shame, because I'm a Hyatt Gold member and I try to stay in Hyatts whenever possible.

Room Tip: Front of the hotel; above the 5th floor if possible.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank jbwpov42

Thank you for posting a review of your stay with us. We would like to discuss these opportunities with you directly; please contact us at 410.605.2933 at your earliest convenience.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

I've stayed in the Hyatt Regency Baltimore (HRB) several times over the years with my family (wife and two daughters ages 9 and 8). This hotel has always delivered a comfortable, clean, safe stay, which is all I am looking for.

WHY I LIKED THE HYATT REGENCY BALTIMORE
1. Location. The HRB is situated on the Inner Harbor, close to many of the main tourist attractions. It's pretty easy to get to from the freeways. There is a running path right across the street that allows you to run at least 5 miles without any worry about traffic.
2. Comfortable rooms. Standard, clean Hyatt rooms with beds that support my back.
3. Decent room service. My family and I arrived after 10pm. At that hour there are very limited eating choices in the area within walking distance. We ordered burgers and a quesadilla from all day room service menu, and the food was satisfying, not so expensive, and quick in arriving.
4. Reasonably priced parking. We've always parked in the adjacent self park lot and have been able to get in and out very easily.
5. Elevators. My girls remember these glass elevators and love riding them.
6. Nice updated lobby. This has been renovated in the past couple of years and they did a good job. You have the option of checking in or out using the kiosk and the overall experience is modern.

WHY YOU MAY NOT LIKE THE HRB
1. Nothing special. It's a comfortable place to stay but there's nothing about the hotel that will knock your socks off. Other than perhaps the glass elevators...
2. Lack of quality restaurants in walking distance. I've not been able to find a decent sit down restaurant that we can walk to in three visits. I've searched on other well-known sites using my phone and have not been successful in finding anything.

I've had some pretty bad hotel experiences in Baltimore. The HRB was certainly not involved in any of them! That's why I am happy to come back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for posting a review of your stay with us. We're thrilled that you enjoy your visits to Baltimore and our hotel. We just completed our lobby renovation so it's great to hear that you like the change. Let us know in advance when you are returning and we'll work very hard to find a great restaurant for you within walking distance. We hope to see you & your family again soon!

Reviewed 6 June 2014

I stayed here in August 2013 a few days before the Grand Prix street race. The hotel check-in was somewhat average. The 2 rooms I reserved for a family of 5 were not available and we had to wait for them to find another set of rooms. This took some time so we went to the harbor and and came back a few hours later. The rooms were adequate with nice bathrooms. The refrigerator in the room did not cool well. For 2 of the mornings we ate the breakfast buffet which was not the greatest value and we were inadvertently mischarged. The hotel is a bit dated and in need of renovation, however it was comfortable and very nicely located next to the harbor. It is also within walking distance to the Baltimore Orioles game which my kids enjoyed. The hotel was nice but there are many similar hotels in the area that are as good if not better.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Eric B

Thank you for posting a review of your stay with us. We're glad you enjoyed your visit in Baltimore. We appreciate your feedback on our check-in process and breakfast buffet; we will review our procedures and make adjustments as necessary. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

After encountering some issues during my first stay in February of last year, decided to try again with an overnight stay last month. I'm happy to say that this time around was much better.

The hotel is very clean inside and out, is in a great location and is filled with friendly and helpful staff members. Checking in and out of the hotel was a quick and easy process and it's wonderful that self parking is an option since there are many Inner Harbor hotels that only offer valet.

Our room on the 10th floor had a fantastic view of the harbor and best of all it was extremely quiet. We heard no noise from outside and very little from within despite the fact that the hotel was filled to capacity since it was the weekend of the NCAA Men's Lacrosse Team Semi-Finals. We even noticed a prom being held in one of the ballrooms the evening of our stay.

There were only minor things that could have been better such as the shower door in the bathroom didn't close completely and one of the lamp shades in the bedroom looked worn. Also upon our arrival to the Regency Club at 5pm (the start time for complimentary evening hors d'oeuvres) nothing was ready. After quite a bit of waiting, we ended leaving to go elsewhere and pay for drinks and appetizers.

We didn't have a chance to use the hotel restaurant, fitness center or pool, so I cannot comment on these areas. Perhaps the next time we travel to the area (if we decide to return to the Hyatt) we will get time to check them out as well.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for posting a review of your stay with us. We're pleased that your visit went well and that you enjoyed a quiet evening on the Inner Harbor. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!