“Always a great experience”

Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor
Ranked #15 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Great Falls, Virginia
“Always a great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

My company is fortunate to be doing business with a Sales Training Franchise organization that meets several times a year at the Hyatt Regency in Baltimore. The hotel is located right on the Inner Harbor which is a fun place all year around. It is also situated just a short walk from Camden Yards Stadium, home of the Baltimore Orioles - a consistently winning and fabulous baseball team. So even if you aren't an Orioles fan, you'll still have a great night of baseball at this world-class baseball stadium!

The Hyatt is a cornerstone of the Baltimore Inner Harbor experience. When you arrive, the Front Door Staff will welcome you, help get you situated, and answer any questions you have. They are really the best resource to find a specific landmark - or a great restaurant or pub. The Concierge and Front Desk Team are terrific! Sometimes the hotel is so busy I don't know how the team stays pleasant! But they do!

The rooms are very nice and spacious. I've stayed in different locations in the hotel over the years but I always ask for a room with a view of the harbor. The upper floors are quieter and more private as you would expect. The room staff are fast, very attentive, and eager to help your stay be as enjoyable as possible. I always ask for extra towels and they are great at bringing them as fast as possible.

What always stands out to me is the food and the service. The service is just wonderful. I've probably been to this hotel three times a year for four years and every time I go I get the best and most consistent service - among the best in my short list of favorite hotels. The food is also wonderful. If you have a chance to have seafood, or a piece of cake from the menu - get it! It doesn't matter what flavor the cake it is, or the type, it will be among the best you've ever had!!

I love staying at the Hyatt Regency Baltimore I always feel at home - even when I'm away from home...

Room Tip: Upper floors are quieter; and rooms with a view of the Harbor are just lovely
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Liz-HRB, Manager at Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Thank you for your positive review! We are delighted to hear that you received superb customer service as all of our employees strive to offer every guest Authentic Hospitality. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hyatt Regency Baltimore soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (312)
  • Korean first
Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stayed two nights here while on a personal trip with friends to the inner harbor and an Orioles game. Check-in was easy (and ahead of time, online with Hyatt) and quick, and we were able to get in our room right away. Room was clean and bright, but had a minibar instead of a regular refrigerator (however, the front desk attendant told me that they're in the process of removing all minibars to replace them with regular refrigerators, which is good). Even though it's a large hotel, it didn't feel that way since there were several fast elevators, so we were never waiting for one, and the rooms were very quiet. Our room was right near the elevators and we couldn't hear the elevators running nor other people in adjacent rooms or in the hallway. This was impressive seeing as the front desk agents told me that the hotel was sold out Friday night.

They had a nice rooftop pool which is nicely landscaped with nice outdoor couches as well as lounge chairs which overlooked the inner harbor. One of the nicer rooftop pools I've seen at a large chain hotel.

We didn't eat or drink anything at the hotel, so I can't comment on the food. However, the bar area looked comfortable and they have a decent looking coffee bar on the mezzanine level. The front desk staff was helpful and friendly with our requests.

The only downside to this hotel is the parking cost. I understand it's right downtown and comes with the territory, but I think $28/day is a bit steep for hotel guests. I find it a little odd that they charge hotel guests the same as non-guests (as it's open to the public). Also, even though it's adjacent to the hotel, it's serviced by a separate elevator that can only be reached by going outside the lobby.

Overall I'd recommend this property because it's a short walk to just about anywhere; whether it's the inner harbor or Camden Yards, or a local office building for a business trip.

Room Tip: I'd recommend a higher-floor room just to ensure you avoid street noise.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for your positive review! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our rooftop pool and had a quiet and restful night in your room. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hyatt Regency Baltimore soon.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

The location is great and the service was fine. The rooms though are dated and the upholstery on the chairs in the rooms need to cleaned or replaced. We were here for three nights and had two rooms since the was a slight mix up. In both rooms the upholstery was stained (yuck!). The first room had a mattress that was old and saggy; the second room had a decent mattress. Concierge lounge was okay but the service there was excellent.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank kberg1
Thank you for giving us your feedback. We are truly sorry to hear that you experienced this inconvenience. Please contact our Director of Operations at aaron.mcdougle@hyatt.com to see if we can regain your business. Again, thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.
Fort Wayne, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

My business associate and I were part of a larger group that had booked rooms in March to attend a conference being held at the convention center right next to the Hyatt. When we arrived at 7:45 pm after driving 10 hours, we were told they were overbooked and our guaranteed rooms had been given away. We were told we would stay free at another hotel in the area and they were very apologetic. After some calls to other hotels in the harbor area, we were obligated to go to a Marriott Courtyard 30 minutes away--in Hunt Valley. We were given form letters with a space to fill in our names that asked the Marriott to accept us as guests. We made the drive and had a nice stay at the Courtyard. When we returned the next day, we were upgraded to harbor view rooms and received free parking. We received a letter from the director of operations as well, apologizing for the situation and assuring us this was not a normal occurrence.

Throughout the process the staff was apologetic. All of the staff we ran into were friendly and sought to be helpful. Our rooms had great views of the harbor and were clean, though the bathrooms were a bit generic and mine had some issues with water damage on the floor near the shower.

Would I stay here again? Yes, but I'd call a week ahead to confirm my reservation a second time and I'd plan to check in as early as allowed. Several in our group ended up in what are called "parlor" rooms which are apparently rooms with a pullout queen couch. I can't give a higher star rating due to the issues we experienced, even though the management took steps to make up for it.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Lisa G
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay with us. We truly apologize for any inconveniences that you experienced during your stay. Please contact our Director of Operations at aaron.mcdougle@hyatt.com so we can correct your experience.
South Pasadena, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

I would actually rate this between average and very good.

We had in excess of 500 people attend a formal event.

My company has used the Hyatt before in the past, so the logistics of setting up everything was relatively painless.

It's important to do a line item review of services and costs as with most service industries, the hidden costs are usually not discussed unless actively looked for and asked about.

Over all, the service provided by the staff to the attendees was good.

The location of the hotel permitted guests to walk around Baltimore Harbor and enjoy some of the finer local bars upon the event's conclusion.

The rooms set aside for those desiring to stay at the Hyatt were good rooms.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your positive feedback! We are so happy that your gala planning went well and that your guests enjoyed their stay with us! We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hyatt Regency Baltimore in the future.
Shanghai, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

I stayed in the Hyatt last year while attending a conference. I had the chance to interact with the hotel GM who was very pleasant and understand the importance of customer service. The staff at the hotel were also pleasant and very helpful. One of the attendants in the garage even offered bottled water. Can't remember the last time that happened at a hotel, especially in the garage. The location of the hotel is very nice. The hotel is right on the inner harbor and provides the ability for one to take a nice long leisurely walk (or run for that matter) to take up the sites and sounds. With regards to location, the hotel also seems to be close to downtown Baltimore, but I could be wrong about that point. I had a great room with a great view. I would be quite happy to stay here again. One last thing, the catered food at the event was very tasty as well.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Liz-HRB, Manager at Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Thank you for posting a review of your stay with us. We're thrilled that you enjoyed your trip to Baltimore and were able to explore Charm City during your conference. We hope to see you again soon!
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

The Hyatt on Baltimore's Inner Harbor couldn't be better situated for the perfect Preakness weekend. It sits within walking distance to numerous restaurants and bars for evening entertainment, including the Capital Grille which was equal in service and effort to Hyatt's. A cab ride to Pimlico was affordable and convenient. Worth consideration due to location alone, but the Hyatt staff and accommodations make this hotel my future choice for Baltimore visits.

Room Tip: Higher floors offer outstanding views of the Inner Harbor. And your kids will love the uniquely-sha...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for posting a review of your stay with us. We're thrilled that you enjoyed Preakness and your stay in Baltimore. Our staff truly is our best feature and we're happy to hear you agree with us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!