“Disappointing”

Ranked #16 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
New York City, New York
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

I was expecting more from a Hyatt Regency located downtown. In all fairness I just slept there but saw enough to know I would never return. Was in a Hyatt lower end hotel days earlier which was not as nice but definitely felt better kept. Check in was standard and easy though both their self kiosks were out if order.

Ran to bar to get a wine to go 7 minutes before close. It was crowded and the bartender was working incredibly hard serving drinks and food. But by the time we got his attention it was 8 minutes after closing. He did do the right think and served us after we informed him if our wait.

My real disappointment was the room. In need of love. Everything felt used. Scraped and scratched. The outlet in the bedside lamp didn't work. The other one did luckily but was sensitive to movement.

I would give the bathroom an above average as it seemed updated.

The air was on 60 at midnight. Even after shutting it off I froze all night. The TV was difficult to turn on and off. The front desk refunded my Wifi fee for the trouble which I thought was nice. I was not complaining just telling her I had to leave it on.

The common space is average and clean. Did not eat but grabbed a Starbucks, made just as I like it.

Average stay but the room which is where I spent my stay brought the experience down.

Stayed July 2014
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 1 October 2014
Hello Jennifer D,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your visit to Baltimore. We appreciate you choosing Hyatt Regency for your travels but unfortunately I am sorry to hear this stay did not meet expectations. Disheartening to hear about the condition of your guestroom and the lack of rest you got. I have forwarded your feedback to our executive management team to review and ensure these problems get resolved. We hope this does not deter you from staying with us in the future and hope your next stay is a better experience.

Safe Travels,

Drew D.-Guest Relations Associate

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (324)
  • Korean first
Providence
Reviewed 14 July 2014

On the whole I was pleased, but there are a few minor problems.

I still like those glass elevators. My room had a nice view of the harbor even though it wasn’t designated a harbor-view room.
Great location. A few blocks to Camden Yards, and right in the Inner Harbor tourist neighborhood; also very close to 395.
While I was there, the hotel was quiet, and I heard absolutely no sounds from nearby rooms or the hallway.

Now the problems:
There is a coffee maker in room, but you get powdered non-dairy creamer
The water pressure extremely low – it took me ten minutes to fill the bath tub; the tub also drained very slowly.
The Conway St. entry has a sign saying it is open until 11. But I got back at 10:45 and it was locked. It also says “key card to access after hours”, but there was no way to use my hotel key card to open the door.

By the way: you pay for in-room wifi but it's free in the lobby.

On the whole I prefer the Marriott on Aliceanna, which is larger and more impersonal but seems to be getting more details right. But it’s a close call and I’d come back to the Hyatt if I got a very good deal.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank Crito0
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Good Morning Crito0,

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay at the Hyatt Regency Baltimore. We are so happy to hear you really enjoyed your guest room and the great harbor views our property offers. I am very sorry to hear about the inconveniences you encountered during this stay from the coffee maker to the bathroom amenities. I will be sure to forward your remarks to our executive management team to ensure these challenges do not happen in the future to you or any other guest. Thank you again, we appreciate this feedback very much.

Safe Travels,

Singapore
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

The good part can be summarized as proximity to the waterfront (restaurants, shops, walks, jogging) and the well equipped gym which is 24/7. The infrastructure is aged, reminiscent of the 80' or 70's: a temple of concrete, but with thin walls between the rooms, and poorly isolated doors. You can hear everything. Customer service is poor. Asked to check out one hour later and was flatly refused on the spot without the lady even checking the occupancy or if the room would be taken afterwards. She even said "anything after 12 we charge you a full day" and I asked very politely. Looking around, for sure the occupancy of the place was less than 60%. This was just a matter of "management policy". In 20 years of business travel never seen or heard anything like that. Further, they charge for the WiFi. In the year 2014 this already justifies a poor rating. There is one place to eat, called Bistro, which has a small selection (adequate for a hotel with 40 rooms max.) and the quality is mediocre (Weekend breakfast no pancakes, no waffles). Conclusion: there must be so much better in Baltimore....

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Greetings SunriseSki,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience from your past stay at Hyatt Regency Baltimore. I am so sorry to hear about this stay not meeting expectations. Rest assured I have forwarded your comments to our executive management team to review and follow up with. They will be able to ensure these issues get resolved. Thank you for your feedback and suggestions, we hope to welcome you back on your next visit.

Warm regards,

Singapore
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We arrived early. Hoped to check-in our luggage with concierge and leave for a little
sightseeing. Instead counter staff offered to check us in immediately. Wonderful !

Room was clean, large and very comfortable. The view of the harbour was delightful.
The hotel was undergoing some renovations but it wasn't too inconvenient for the guests.
Expect the renovations to be completed by now.

We thoroughly enjoyed our visit. Thanks Hyatt !

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ganbeiSingapore
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
From the looks of your photos, your view was fabulous at the Hyatt Regency Baltimore. I am happy that the front desk as able to get you checked in right away, that the room was spacious and comfortable, and you were able to begin your vacation right away.
Warm Regards,
Annah E., Guest Relations Associate
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed 11 July 2014

For this to be a Regency I was expecting a lot more from them. The parking was okay for self parking, and when you first walk into the building the decorum is gorgeous. However, when we got to the room its was a big let down. It looked like they put more money into doing the lobby than the rooms. It was a very average room for a Hyatt regency, I can honestly say I have stayed at better Hyatt hotel rooms than this one. The only good thing about the room was the view. There were other thing that were wrong with the room such as stains on the carpet, the bathroom not being completely clean, the rail in the room was sticky and the a/c was not working properly. The big thing that really upset us, was when we went downstairs to get some water and was told that everything was closed down. We asked about vending machines and they then informed us that the floors in the back were being worked on so we could not go back there. There only solution was for use to take a taxi cab ride to CVS to get our water. Also,
we did go to the pool and there wasn't much of a pool to be in. For a hotel this big, you would think they would of have had a bigger pool.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lana2011
Plainsboro, New Jersey
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We just returned last night from staying at the Hyatt this week July 2014. I had called the night before our stay to ask if we can park the car and then sightsee. She said of course and I may even get to check in early. We arrived at 12:45pm and we were able to check in early. That was fantastic !!!! We drove from NJ and I was fatigued so knowing that we can check in so early was a blessing. The staff was professional, courteous and just nice people. Hotel is spotless. Our room was clean, bed linens were clean, no dirt or dust anywhere. Parking is expensive at $28 per day but once we parked our car, we didn't drive again until we went home. Everything is at the harbor. The aquarium, science center, restaurants, mall across the street so no need to drive once you arrive. Breakfast at the hotel was extremely expensive, $36 for 2 for breakfast. Go to Lenny's Deli on the habour - same exact breakfast, $16. The elevator is cool, see through glass. You need your room card to activate the elevators. I would definetly recommend this hotel to anyone. My son who is 13 really enjoyed his stay and that is what is important.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank phoenixm46741
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Decent location across from inner harbor. This building is dated and run down. Parking garage is not super convenient but they offer valet-$28 vs $40. There were many stains on carpet. Bathroom counters were not wiped well- toothpaste/ soap build up in crevices and hair on floor. Bedding looked crisp and clean. Nice noise machine- needed to drowned out traffic noises(20th floor)-ask for an upper floor. Standard room is a fair size. Staff was friendly.

• Stayed July 2014