“Good overall”

Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor
Ranked #12 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I got a deal on priceline for $89 a night so that is really why I am giving it 4 stars. If I paid the full $269, I'd be more critical. They had no more harbor view rooms or king rooms (at least for us!) so we were stuck with 2 double beds. Again, I can't complain too much considering the price.

Parking is very expensive.

The room was clean, the shower was awesome, and the staff was very friendly. The pool is small, not heated and sort of dirty, but the bar is nice. The best part is the location- can't be beat!!

Note- my husband I were in the room around 5 pm "relaxing" when we heard someone swiping a key outsider our room. The hallways are noisy so we thought it was across the hall. Nope, a guy walked into our room, unannounced, no knock or warning. Luckily, we yelled in time and the man said "Sorry, I come back later" and ran out, so nothing too embarrassing happened. I'm assuming it was housekeeping but it was a little scary.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank twinbrads

Reviewed 1 August 2014

One of the best locations to the harbor. Just walk across the the crosswalk. The employees were VERY friendly, the room with clean and the ambiance of the hotel itself was amazing. I highly recommend. As a previous reviewer mentioned, one of the skywalks over the street may have sketchy folks on it at night. I enjoyed the ease of parking.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AkHasan
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Pros

1. Attitude of Employees--uniformly friendly and genuinely nice, including room service, front desk, the lobby greeter, etc.

2. Room--very clean, surprisingly spacious, modern bathroom and the ever important excellent shower.

3. Convenience to Inner Harbor--very close. Tip: Be careful; the skywalk over the street may have sketchy folks on it at night.

4. Parking--Garage is attached, although owned by the City. $28/day.

5. Food--The one meal I ordered, a Cobb Salad, was superb. Even the avocado was fresh, at 930 pm.

Cons

1. Concierge--Non existent concierge service, very disappointing. I suspect it is as much the hotel as the actual concierge, requiring that the concierge do too many other tasks. Not what I’d expect of a Hyatt.

2. Front Desk Not Thinking --I asked for a quiet room and the front desk put me in a room 3 doors down from a noisy 24-7 health club. Tip: do not accept a 4th floor room in the 450-457 range.

Room Tip: Avoid the 4th floor
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank VirginiaCavalier
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Stayed here for four night while attending a conference at the Convention Center next door. The Convention Center is accessed by a "skywalk" that connects to the hotel lobby. The same skywalk also leads to the Inner Harbor. My room on the 7th floor gave a panaramic view of the harbor. The room was quite large with a renovated and spacious bath. The bathroom was missing a hair dryer, but one was delivered within minutes of my wife's call. The best part of the hotel was the staff. Each and every person, from check-in to check-out, was polite, courteous and helpful. The room was pricey but the location was worth it. A "white noise" machine was provided to drown out the usual big city noise.

Room Tip: Ask for a harbor view room.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Joseph W
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Id just returned from Miami & the Bahamas... The Hyatt Regency Baltimore was my Best hotel stay of the summer. Wonderful staff. Beautiful Property. Great attention to detail. Not a problem-free stay but any issues were completely handled.... professionally, quick, and courteously , BRAVO

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 13VeeP
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay at the Hyatt Regency Baltimore. I was happy to see that the staff helped make this for favorite stay of the summer. I hope you can stay with us again.

-John S, Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed 29 July 2014

After frequent visits to Baltimore the Hyatt Regency offers it all. This location is in the perfect location, right across from the Inner Harbor, a few blocks from Camden Yards, and a few steps away from the Gallary. The view from the room was second to none.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Blhbball22

It is fantastic to hear that you find our hotel to be perfect for your frequent visits to Hyatt Regency Baltimore! We have a prime location in the heart of the Inner Harbor. Our hotel also offers breathtaking views of the city and harbor. Thank you for choosing to spend your visits to Baltimore at our property. Your recommendation is our biggest compliment!

Brock S. - A Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

It's my first time to stay in this hotel, and I would recommend it for those who wants to explore the city of Baltimore. It's practically a stone's throw away to the inner harbor where you can find different things to do and wide variety of restaurants that you could choose from. We were given a room overlooking the harbor, so that was a plus. I would definitely book again in this hotel if I will be in the area.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Euone
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Greetings Euone,

Thank you for going out of your way to share this review on your most recent stay at the Hyatt Regency Baltimore. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your first visit to this location and thank you so much for recommending our Hyatt locations to future guests. That is the biggest compliment of all. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Warm regards,