“Paying for luxury”

Baltimore Marriott Inner Harbor at Camden Yards
Ranked #21 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
“Paying for luxury”
Reviewed 12 October 2012

I stayed here Wednesday through Friday for a business meeting that was in the hotel. Staff was friendly, attentive, and abundant. Rooms were comfortable and large (I stayed in a room with a king bed). They have a few options for food, the deli/bakery/gift shop was a great one stop shop for a quick bite or items you forgot to pack. They even allowed a later check out to some of my colleagues. The only downside to the hotel is that you have to pay $13 for in room Internet access. I mean, we're paying enough for the rooms already AND on top of that, paying for a hospitality suite for a day and a half. Overall, it was a great location and you definitely get what you pay for. I'd stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 12 October 2012

The beds were so comfortable my 87 year old Mom did not want to leave them. We got a good deal on Priceline and the staff was so nice they got my husband and I a connecting room so we could look out for my Mom. It was walking distance to the Inner Harbor. The coffee and breakfast was not great so eat elsewhere if you can.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 11 October 2012

Checked in on Sunday night, woke up and noticed red marks all over torso and shoulder. No allergies so I knew right away, BEDBUGS! Addressed with hotel, they changed my room and told me a pest control company would investiagte. Later told that the inspections came out "negative" for bedbugs. I told them OK they cant find thewm but I was bit all night in their bed so....???? Corporate called me and told me since the report came back negative then there is nothing they can do. I told them my report is a "positive" because of all the bite marks on me!! I asked what they would do if bedbugs were found, the only answer they would give me is "depends". Horrible. The only thing they did for me was give me soap to wash my clothes, simply unreal. The ultimate problem is I have to take major precaution and expense to make sure I dont bring thesae bedbugs home. Only Hiltons from now on. BTW I also had no hot water on day 2 as well, stay away from this place!.

3 Thank Mike A
Skip_Cerf, Manager at Baltimore Marriott Inner Harbor at Camden Yards, responded to this review, 15 October 2012
First and foremost, I am greatly upset that you did not enjoy your visit. We strive to ensure each and every guest leaves satisfied. Most importantly, we take the claims of allergic reactions, insect bites - specifically bedbugs - very seriously. While I cannot ascertain the source of your reaction, I can tell you with certainty that it was not caused by bedbugs, based upon an immediate inspection by a national pest company clearing the room of any pest presence. Nevertheless, I am deeply sorry that you didn't get a chance to enjoy our city and hotel.

Regards,

Skip Cerf
Director of Operations
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 9 October 2012

I checked into the hotel around midnight coming from the airport. I didn't have to check out until 530pm the next day for an evening flight. I planned on getting some much needed sleep but was woken around 730-800am by the maids in the hallway. They were speaking very loudly, slamming doors, banging walls in the room next to mine. I poked my head out to ask them to please be a bit more quite but could not get back to sleep. So about an hour later I get up and go to the gym. It was adequate and clean. But while I was on the treadmill a maid came in to mop the floor. The fumes from the ammonia in the mop bucket she had parked right next to my treadmill were overpowering. I had to cover my nose with the towel to breath. After my work out I left for lunch and then came back to try to take a nap before I had to leave but was quickly woken by housekeeping knocking on my door asking when I was checking out! Followed by more banging of doors and from the room above me and vacuuming in the hallway again. These people don't want me to get any rest. The hotel itself is nice and clean but it is by far the loudest hotel I've ever stayed in and I travel for a living so I've been in many hotels. Avoid this one if you need rest.

Room Tip: Don't get one at the end of the hallway near the maids supply room is.
Jacksonville, FL
Reviewed 5 October 2012

Had a day in Baltimore for work and came in on a day the Orioles were playing, so it was pretty busy. Despite this, the hotel check in was smooth and every staff member I encountered was extremely helpful and friendly. Room was clean and comfortable, good attention to detail by housekeeping. The concierge lounge was not huge, but it was quite nice and the staff member working there was exceedingly friendly and helpful.

I had an issue with connecting my laptop to the TV, the hotel immediately sent out their support staff and he was able to reset their system quickly. Afterward, they sent me some of their hand cut chips and a couple beers via room service to apologize for the inconvenience, a nice touch.

The hotel is right next to Camden Yards, so very convenient if you plan to attend a ball game. Be aware that the area nearby changes character very quickly, so before you set out to walk somewhere to dinner ask the concierge if it is safe.

If you want a good spot for dinner nearby with a great selection of beer, check out Alewife.

Massachusetts
Reviewed 2 October 2012

Beautiful hotel, you will pay for parking, but the rooms are stunning. Comfort, cleanliness, beds to die for--a great night's sleep at a great price. Staff was very accommodating, too--they really went the extra mile to be pleasant and kind to our group.

Room Tip: I got my rooms via Priceline, so we didn't get to pick. We had one room facing the street, two...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 1 October 2012

Just spent two nights here to see a game at Camden Yards. The room was nice. We had a King room with a view of the Hilton across the street. The bed was very comfortable. There was a fridge in the room and a large armchair with ottoman. The Inner Harbor area is very walkable, so even though this Marriott is very close to Camden Yards, it is a short walk to the waterfront area.

There is parking on site at $26 per day. The only free internet is in the lobby and it was pretty slow.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple