“Great location ”

Ranked #23 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
cleveland,ohio
“Great location ”
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

The van was on time to pick us up.
The check in was very quick. They were very friendly and addressed us by our last names.
The room was spacious and clean. I prefer a King size bed but it was late and I was tired so, I settled for 2 beds. The view from my room was the parking lot which the lights came through my window. I had to close the curtains.
The food was very good from the restaurant. I had a chicken sandwich with sweet potato fries.
All the employees were so nice.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
Temecula, California
Reviewed 7 February 2014 via mobile

This Marriott is ALWAYS the best in the industry!!! This location is close to all of the happenings in the Inner Harbor. The food is fantastic @ all of the properties restaurants... You won't have to venture out into the cold weather to dine.

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Burlingame CA
Reviewed 3 February 2014

This Marriott has a great location convenient to everything downtown. In addition, the staff there is excellent - very friendly. The bar downstairs becomes a nice espresso bar in the morning. Room service was good.

Middlebury, Vermont
Reviewed 2 February 2014

We stayed here five nights recently for a convention and were very pleased with the hotel. Waits for the elevator were less than a minute, the king bed was comfortable, the bedroom and bathroom were clean and nicely decorated, and the room was quiet - except for hearing the elevators dinging at each floor. Our room was two rooms away from the elevators, so ask for a room farther away. We did not eat here but had soft drinks in the lobby. Prices were very reasonable: for $5 we got two sodas and a bowl of snacks. Wireless is available for free in the lobby and as a result the lobby is a busy place - kind of fun to see for a change. The convention center is about a long block away and the Marriott is about 3 long blocks from the Inner Harbor.

Room Tip: Ask for a room some distance removed from the elevator to avoid hearing the elevator dinging its way...
Lexington, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 23 January 2014

While there, our fridge didn't work. They put in another fridge that also didn't work. Then, they put in a new fridge. Also, the beds were so soft, my husband and I rolled towards each other at night.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
BWIIHManager, Manager at Baltimore Marriott Inner Harbor at Camden Yards, responded to this review, 26 January 2014
Dear Melinda L,

Thank you for staying at the Baltimore Marriott Inner Harbor at Camden Yards. I was disappointed to hear that your stay was unsatisfactory. Please accept my sincere apologies that you experienced repeated issues with the refrigerator in your room. I have made my Housekeeping Department aware of your comments so that they can make it a point to check the refrigerators as rooms are being cleaned.

Should your travels bring you back to Baltimore, I hope that you chose to stay with us again so that we may provide you an exceptional experience.
Philadelphia
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Marriott Gold Member who has stayed at this hotel a few times over the years. During my stay this month, I was bitten 12 times by bed bugs over 2 nights in the room. Each bite inflammation was the size of 50 cent piece or larger. Pretty gross and disfiguring.

Asked twice to speak with the Hotel Manager. Evidently too busy to deal with an injured customer. They sent up a loss prevention employee instead. I showed him the bites. He "documented" the report on a scrap of paper. Later that day, his co-worker in loss prevention did meet with me to discuss further. I asked twice to speak with the hotel manager and was told they weren't available to speak to me. (Subsequently I have left 3 voicemails over 3 days that have also not been returned by this hotel's staff.)

I was contacted by a Rep from Marriott Corporate and e-mailed her the photos of the bites. She said the hotel had sent in an exterminator and they confirmed bed bugs in the room.

The compensation I was offered was only 2 nights' stay and dry cleaning for my belongings. Great way to spread potentially bed bug contaminated clothing via my local dry cleaner! Currently all of my belongings from that trip have been quarantined in my garage in sealed plastic bins. I guess they will have to stay there for months. I am unable to use my suitcase which I rely on for my frequent business trips. I will have to go purchase a new one at my own expense. I still have some visible bite marks on my skin almost 2 weeks later.

Unbelievable the way the Baltimore Marriott Inner Harbor handled this situation, especially since I am a Gold Member (although even a 1 night stay GUEST be treated well.)

I have shared my experiences with friends, co-workers and family, and now all of you.

7 Thank PhillyLover
Dear PhillyLover,

I was disappointed to read about the unsatisfactory stay that you recently had at our hotel. Our staff takes all customer concerns seriously and strives to provide excellent customer service. In order to ensure that your concerns are addressed, I would kindly ask that you contact our hotel directly and request to speak with the Senior Rooms Manager. I look forward to having the opportunity to speak with you.
Mumbai
Reviewed 21 January 2014

We stayed here for over 10 days and it was a pleasure! The staff was attentive and friendly. Room service and housekeeping was prompt. Its close to the bus stop, Light Rail station and Charm City circulator stop which connects to most of Baltimore. It is a business hotel, however, it serves well for tourists. The aquarium, mall and famous restaurants are close by.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, ask for a room away from the fire station.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business