“Nice Downtown Hotel”

Baltimore Marriott Inner Harbor at Camden Yards
Ranked #23 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed 13 May 2014

My wife and I stayed two nights at the tail end of a business trip.

Our first impressions were not good. When we pulled up in our rental car there were attendants around but no one offered a greeting or showed us where we could park while checking in. After looking helpless for a couple of minutes I pulled around again and pulled off to the side, no help. Check-in was friendly and smooth after which I moved the car to the garage ($26 a day - unfortunately probably competitive with most other options nearby). And on one of our first elevator rides I stepped in a mess someone had left in the corner of the elevator and there was some fast food trash in the car too.

After that initial impression everyone improved. No more issues with the cleanliness of the elevators and every one was very friendly and helpful. Even the attendants in the drive-up area were friendly after the initial experience. Every time walking through the lobby someone smiled and asked how things were. We ate breakfast there one morning. The food was decent and the service was very friendly. A little pricey but again probably par for the area.

The room was clean and housekeeping efficient. No odors. The beds were maybe a little too softs for our tastes but no complaints. The AC kept the room chilly over night which we like.

As another reviewer noted I too was surprised they would still charge $12.95 a day for wi-fi.

All in all a good 2 night stay and I would recommend it to others.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 8 May 2014

I stayed at the Marriott Inner Harbor for 4 nights in early May. The lobby was clean and efficient and the staff all very friendly. My room was clean with no real surprises, good or bad. There was a small workout room with 5 or 6 treadmills which minimized the waiting.
The hotel is located about a miles walked from the Inner Harbor. There are many stores, restaurants and museums in this area. Lots to see and do with people always walking around so it seemed quite safe.If you are in town for a baseball or football game, both stadiums are only a short walk away.
In all this is a good, clean hotel with a friendly staff and convenient location. The only criticism I have is their Wi-Fi. They are charging $12.95 a day to get it in your room. I thought most hotels abandoned this practice since free Wi-Fi is so common now. I can get it free at McDonald's or Starbucks, but hotels still have the nerve to make you pay for something they already have anyway. To make things worse the free Wi-Fi in the lobby was "unstable" my entire stay. Unstable pretty much means unusable.
Other than that this is a great place to stay for business or a visit with family to the Inner Harbor.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor facing the Oriel's stadium and the Raven's M & T stadium.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank mcarp
Reviewed 27 April 2014

The night before checking into this hotel, I received a welcoming e-mail from Guest Services containing a diverse array of Local Area Information to download.... though unable to download said info, I certainly appreciated the thought and was grateful for being considered in such a manner. This is primarily a business hotel; yet, leisure guests receive excellent treatment, nonetheless.

Conviently positioned for both travler types on the corner of Eutaw and Pratt, and nearby the convention center and Innner Harbor, this Marriott makes for a comfortable home while in Charm City.It is a sleek and well-kept venue with a smart airy lobby that provides a warm place to relax - either in the luxurious chairs or over in "Yards," the intimate bar/lounge area where any thirsty guest may avail themself of a local Baltimore brewed beer (Heavy Seas Brewing). Hungry guests can grab a massive burger and retreat to the room.

The room was average size with plasma TV attractive decor and a firm bed covered with a fortress of pillows. Great slumbering to be had by all. The bathroom was large; however, it was furnished with a cramped shower stall accompanyed by the usual degree of toiletries minus bar soap (bath gel, instead.)

In any case, this makes for a great, and convenient, place to stay. And if you seek additional beer, simply walk north up Eutaw Street to Alewife (See My Reveiw), a superlative restaurant house din a former bank that offers 40 taps of craft beer.

Room Tip: Room 224 overlooks Pratt Street.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank NeedPivo
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I stayed here for 4 nights while attending a conference at the Hilton across the street. My check-in was in the middle of when baseball fans were arriving at the stadium, and access to the parking garage was limited. I followed three loud people carrying signs that were directing people to their rooms for a party. When I checked into the hotel, I asked the Marriott rep if there was a quiet floor so that I could be away from the sports fans party and the response was basically -- we are full, there are no other rooms, and it will be noisy as the fans are loud and it is spring break. As a Marriott Gold -- not what one normally experiences. My overall reaction to this hotel is that it is not a full fledged Marriott, but rather more of a Courtyard quality. Other staff that I encountered were much more polite and helpful. Room was comfortable, and fortunately other than loud people talking in the hallway (I don't know why people that that is ok), the room was restful. I had a refrigerator in the room. Internet was good. Would I stay here again -- probably not. particularly not during a baseball game.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Mary V
BWIIHManager, Manager at Baltimore Marriott Inner Harbor at Camden Yards, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay. I was disappointed to learn that your experience was less than satisfactory. Our staff typically receives very positive reviews regarding their level of service, and I truly apologize that this was not your experience. Your candid feedback will be used as a means of additional training for our staff, so that we can ensure the same issues are not repeated.

Once again, please accept my sincere apologies for any service failures. My hope is that you will allow us another opportunity to exceed your expectations, should your travels bring you back to Baltimore.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

We stayed here for the Tampa Bay Rays vs. Oriole series on 4/14-4/16. There was a rain out on 4/15. It was cold, windy, awful. Umbrellas were flying out of peoples'; hands and trash cans filled with inside out umbrellas. We stayed in all day and the restaurant--The Yard-- had a good variety and great service that made staying in a reasonable alternative. Staff was attentive, knowledgeable about the area.

One warning. Taxis in Baltimore are not good. Drivers do not know landmarks...not even Ft. McHenry. They must have an address. They are GPS dependent.They push back the divider between driver and passenger so there is no room. A person over 5'5"man will be very uncomfortable. And be sure the doorman tells the taxi where you want to go. we had a taxi dump us in the middle of a busy street because he didn't want to be bothered going around the block. It was a dangerous situation. I wish i had that taxi number but I was too worried about getting hit. Marriott staff needs to be aware of poor service given by taxis at their cabstand.

Nice view of Bromo Seltzer tower from our room.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RubyBook
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Stayed here last weekend while attending a show at the convention center. Conveniently located! The staff was great! Top notch customer service! I will be back, for sure! Parking was pricey, but that comes with any hotel in the area.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank LinsMR
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Very nice clean hotel. Camden Yards is right there. Did not really like the price I paid per night and the 26$ a night to park but that's the price in that area. The yard bar was nice and friendly and good.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple