“Great venue for a conference!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Radisson Hotel Baltimore Downtown-Inner Harbor
Ranked #41 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
GreenLeadersBronze level
Baltimore, Maryland
“Great venue for a conference!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

Our group has held two (2) three-day events at this hotel with great success - one in 2011 and another in November 2013 (under the new management). Our events typically have 400-600 people and have 75-100 tabletop exhibits.

The Convention Service Manager, Diane Abrahams, went the extra mile to make sure our event went smoothly. Banquet Services Manager, Terry Forbes, was never far when we needed to add tables or make a quick change or request - he twice appeared out of nowhere when I happened to be mentioning his name. He is on top of everything you could possibly be forgetting!

Overall, this hotel has an excellent staff of knowledgeable employees which made us feel welcome and appreciated for giving them our business! I would highly recommend this hotel for holding events similar in size.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (341)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

Our company uses a meeting room at the Sheraton Baltimore City Center Hotel at least once a month..... These rooms are incredibly spacious and a real bargain for the price. The hotel staff is always accommodating, including the valet service. The rooms meet all of our requirements. The downtown location is very convenient to public transportation. I would definitely recommend to any business seeking a meeting space for their event(s).

1 Thank Christopher E
Israel
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

Recently stayed for 4 nights for a conference held there. Good location, provided you stroll in certain directions, like towards Charles Street or towards the waterfront. Not a great neighborhood in other directions, however. Easy walking distance to all attractions. Very friendly and helpful staff. Room was fine, as were the conference rooms- no powerpoint snafus, venues perfectly adequate. Two negatives, however. First, I had no hot water in the North Tower in the mornings if I showered after 6:30 AM. Second, the fitness center was freezing when I visited there (around 5:30 AM). I called the front desk. They promptly sent an engineer who told me that there will be heat soon. An hour later there was no heat. Otherwise, no complaints. Didn't eat there- too many good restaurants within walking distance.

Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

I traveled from NC to go to the New York Giants vs Cowboys. I needed a midpoint and I choose Sheraton Baltimore Center city.This was the best move I could have made. Upon entering into facility I was greeted with the best service I have ever experienced at a Hotel stay. The bellman Keith and Cliff was the best very professional and genuine making sure I had the best service they could offer. Then I grab a quick breakfast and Vo Tu and Laverne was also the best. Then upon checking out to leave this wonderful place I had the pleasure of meeting Santia Singh when you talk about getting a valued guest request and check out she was the best. I didn't want to leave. I will be back because now I have found a home away from home. Thanks Sheraton Baltimore Center City you all are the best........ Darryl Smith.

Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

I would like to say I thoroughly enjoyed my stay while in the Baltimore area at the Sheraton Baltimore Center Hotel. Tessa Simmons offered my excellent customer service at my check in and made sure that I had a wonderful experience while I was at the hotel. I recommend staying at this hotel to anyone when they are in this area.

Ryan E.

Room Tip: The corner suites are great!
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Edward B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Baltimore Downtown-Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 8 February 2014
I want to take the time to thank you for your wonderful feedback about our hotel. Your recognition of the efforts of our staff to satisfy our guests is much appreciated. I am glad to see that the services provided by our front desk and Tessa Simmons left such a wonderful impression. I was delighted to see that you enjoyed your time at our property. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we hope to see you again soon.

Sheraton Baltimore City Center Hotel
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

This was my first - and definitely NOT my last - stay at the Sheraton Baltimore City Center Hotel. Literally EVERYONE on the staff made me feel like I was at a resort more than just a hotel. The employees couldn't be more accomodating in every capacity and it made me feel like my money was beyond well spent choosing this hotel. Special thanks to Brittany for being so helpful and cheerful. We had a GREAT time and will DEFINITELY be back to this hotel. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!!!

Dear Ray J,

I want to take the time to thank you for your wonderful feedback about our hotel. Your recognition of the efforts of our staff to satisfy our guests is much appreciated. I would also like to thank you for embracing Brittany, our Front Desk Associate. She will be recognized for giving such great service. The satisfaction of our guests is our top priority. I was delighted to see that you enjoyed your time at our property. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we hope to see you again soon.

Sheraton Baltimore City Center Hotel
Alexandria, Virginia, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

Before I even got out of my car I was informed that there was only valet parking, and it would be $24 a night. That means the room rate just went up by $24 a night. There was no mention of this when booking the hotel. As far as I am concerned, they lied about the room rate. The coffee pot was less than tiny and abysmal, barely heating the water. The tap water was brown!!!! Good thing I ran a cup of plain water before making coffee with it. The shower temp was iffy and random, lukewarm or boiling. I find it unfathomable that the more a hotel charges for rooms the fewer amenities they have. No Microwave, no refrigerator, no parking, no drinkable water, stingy one-cup coffee pot… Then they have this door hanger that offers a $5 gift certificate at "participating food and beverage outlets" for each day you request not to have housekeeping. I was thinking Starbucks or maybe Dunkin' Doughnuts or something. No the "participating outlets" are only this hotel's restaurant or bar. More misleading and vaguely truthful advertising. I can't wait to see how they try to gouge more pennies from me today! I will NEVER stay at another Sheraton, and will always discourage anyone else from this chain of hotels. It amazes me that the more a hotel seems to charge for rooms, the fewer amenities they offer, and what they do offer is very grudging. Never, ever stay here!

Room Tip: If you are desperate enough to stay here, the ice machines are only on odd numbered floors.
Green Features: With single-serve coffee, bottled water (12 oz "free" 24 oz $3.00) or brown tap water, I'd say they are a trash mecca, and environmentally lackadaisical.
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jeanie M
Dear Jeanie M.,

At the Sheraton, we pride ourselves in our ability to create memorable moments and excellent experiences. We highly appreciate your feedback as it will help us with becoming better at what we do. The parking price is determined by Impark. They are a third party contractor who owns the parking facility at our property. Unfortunately, there is no complimentary parking at most downtown hotels. We do have some room rate packages, as well as other properties, that include parking. Many rate plans or packages such as this are based on availability. I would like to address the issues that you had with your water. It was unacceptable that you had tinged water and that the temperature was not warm enough. We have replaced and upgraded our water heating system to ensure that no other guest will have any further issues.
I also understand that there was some confusion about our Make a Green Choice Program, and we apologize if the instructions of how to redeem the voucher seemed misleading. On the actual $5 Make A Green Choice voucher, the disclosure does state that the voucher is "Valid at participating food and beverage outlets within our hotel." I understand how broad the message is on the doorhanger, and thank you for bringing that to our attention. We will bring it to the attention of our corporation. I felt your frustration in your feedback, and sympathize with your every word. Please, do not let this be the last impression you have of our hotel. Feel free to contact me so that we can turn your dissatisfaction into a great stay. We want you to give our hotel another chance.

Sheraton Baltimore City Center