“Some Good some bad”

Radisson Hotel Baltimore Downtown-Inner Harbor
Ranked #43 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a work conference last week. Overall the place was not bad. It was an okay location for this event. (But in the future it would be nice to be close to the water.) The room was clean, bed comfortable, staff was nice and the gym was awesome! The bad: the rooms were tiny, the noise was the street was loud, the food was terrible and the hotel was showing lots of signs of age. I am not sure how this place compared in cost but at the same price or even a little more I would probably stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Try to stay on high floor to avoid some of the noise.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Edward B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Baltimore Downtown-Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear StellaGrace,

I want to take the time to thank you for your feedback about our hotel. I am glad to see that you enjoyed our clean rooms and gym facilities during your stay. Thank you for appreciating our front desk and houskeeping staffs efforts to help create a memorable experience. I hope that you enjoyed your conference while you were here. Since your visit with us we have become the Baltimore Harbor Hotel.

Please know that we have taken your feedback seriously, and will use it to amend our processes as we aim to create the perfect experience for our guests here at the Baltimore Harbor Hotel. I hope you consider us for a future stay so that we can show you the best experience possible.

Should you have any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Ed Brogan

Write a ReviewReviews (2,095)

Reviewed 9 May 2014

This hotel wasn't awful but nothing here wowed me. If you are looking to go to inner harbor there are much more convenient places to stay. This area isn't really the safest either.The staff was extremely unhelpful. We asked about how to get a cab and the guy looked around for about ten second and said "it doesn't look like any are around, I doubt any will come by, you'll just have to walk around the city till you find one" and went back to his post and started playing on his phone. It was pouring rain, so we just didn't go to our dinner reservation. Also, it's much cheaper to just park in the garage across the street if you don't plan on leaving once you get there. It was half the cost. The room was nice and had everything we could need. Bathroom is a little outdated. We got this hotel as a hotwire secret deal for $99. For that price it was fine but it was like $209 on their site. Don't pay that much for this place. There is no reason to. There are way too many other decent options in baltimore. I would probably never stay here again but If I for some reason had to or got another secret deal it wouldn't upset me. It was the definition of ok.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Edward B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Baltimore Downtown-Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Mibar4,

I hope this message finds you well.

Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback from your most recent stay. I understand that you were dissappointed with some aspects of your stay. We apologize for your dissatisfaction.

At the Baltimore Harbor Hotel, we pride ourselves in our ability to create memorable moments and excellent experiences. We highly appreciate your feedback as it will help us with becoming better at what we do. I know that we can do better, and I want to show you that we appreciate you as a guest and patron. I feel every bit of concern that you have and please accept our sincerest apology for any trouble or inconvenience we have caused you. However, I am glad that you would consider staying with us again!

Please know that we have taken your feedback seriously, and will use it to amend our processes as we aim to create the perfect experience for our guests here at theBaltimore Harbor Hotel .

My Best!

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Great Hotel for a quick stopover in Baltimore - only a short walk to the harbor area and all the amenities you could require! Room was a good size, clean and comfortable. Front of House staff were extremely helpful.

Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

I really don't understand why so many bad reviews perhaps I'm easy to please but after booking this room on priceline as a express deal I was scared based on the horrible reviews here. I did call and request a high floor so they gladly booked us on the 19th floor and they allowed us early check in with no charge. Staff even left a message to make sure everything was working well in our room. Room has double beds but nice and clean. City noise does not appear to be a problem-- I mean you hear sirens but not so much that you can't sleep unless your town is super quiet maybe this would bother you. The neighborhood is fine it's walking distance to the harbor and yes you do see plenty of homeless people but tht is also true on the inner harbor area. Nice staff and hotel is large with a great fitness center. Bathroom is small but it's decorated nicely and it's functional.
Valet parking is only $24-- not bad. Nice hotel and would definitely book again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tammy M

I want to take the time to thank you for your wonderful feedback about our hotel. I am glad to see that you enjoyed our fitness center and other hotel amenities during your stay. Thank you for appreciating our housekeeping staff and their efforts to stock your room with fresh linens and new toiletries everyday. I hope that you enjoyed everything we had to offer during your stay. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you visit.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Recently, I booked a hotel in Baltimore to enjoy the beauties of Maryland, however, staying at the Sheraton Hotel ruined my stay. When we walked into our room, it was dirty, worn out, and old. Not only that but the hotel rooms were extremely small! Our family of four could barely walk around the room at the same time! We arrived in Baltimore by car and we were extremely exhausted from the long car ride, you would expect a comfortable bed to sleep in, however, the next day my whole family woke up with bug bites!! Next order of business location. The location was alright, it was about 7 minutes away from walking to the Aquarium, however, As we walked by we saw a lot of hotels and the best one to stay at was the Renaissance Hotel. I strongly advise everyone to stay there. Not only do you have a great view of the harbor, but there is literally tons of restaurants around you and it's 2 minutes away from the aquarium. I hope this helps those who want to stay at this hotel. Trust me, it's not even worth it.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank JessicaZ721
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Staying in this hotel located in an excellent location in the city of Baltimore was nothing special. The front desk was friendly and my reservation was in order. The room was a corner room but quite small. The bed was soft and comfortable. The bathroom was so tiny that you could hardly move and had a simple cheap hotel shower. The amenities were basic Sheraton and the soaps so micro thin they fell through the shower caddy. The desk was ample size and had everything needed for work. Views from the windows were of the city. For some reason, the Sheraton Club Lounge was no longer in operation, and when I went for coffee, the coffee was cold and moldy however still in the dispensers. Times were posted on the door, but apparently they were not honored. Bell staff were very efficient although they like to push you towards the more expensive hotel town cars instead of wanting to call a taxi. Overall, a good location but nothing special as a hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room on an upper floor.
Reviewed 5 April 2014

My room was neat and clean and the bed was comfortable. But, I had some other issues with room. I kept hearing a lot of street noise and later discovered a window in the room was left open about 12 inches. I had not opened it and didn't realize it was open because the curtain was closed. At 6AM the television turned itself on. I had not touched the TV the whole time I was in the room.
The room was hot even though the thermostat was set on 66 (I was there in March). When I told Tessa at the front desk about the issues I had she was very courteous and rewarded me with a lot of points. She handled the issues very professionally.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple