“Serviceable and handy”

Stirling, United Kingdom
“Serviceable and handy”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Me: British tourist from Scotland

After looking at reviews of this place (formerly the Sheraton until May) *after* booking, I was a bit worried, however I had no major concerns once I arrived. It's a perfectly serviceable hotel, reasonable value, although the front desk need a bit of a "nudge".

The Big Dark Tower of Doom was something we spotted quickly. Yup, half the hotel is out of action, apparently due to the hurricane a couple of years back. This doesn't mean you're walking through mouldy dark passages or anything.

I've already forgotten what the room was like. This isn't a bad thing - I stayed in four hotels during the week and unmemorable for me is usually a *good* thing!

We had breakfast inclusive. Breakfast was tasty and good value, although the voucher system in operation was mystifying and inefficient.
Inclusive internet was also good, but again, the procedure wasn't explained on arrival.

The location was handy for the metro, light rail, Camden Yards, and the harbour, and I felt perfectly safe in the area in the evening (North West direction looks a bit dodgy, but no reason to go there at night).

Management wise, they need a bit of a prod, but I wish them well not being a Sheraton and I would stay there again.

1 Thank pinkmongoose
Edward B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Baltimore Downtown-Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear PinkMongoose,
Thank you for sharing your experience. I am glad that our newly offered complimentary breakfast was " tasty and of great value" to you.

We highly appreciate your feedback as it will help us with becoming better at what we do. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

My Best,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (344)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I booked this hotel through hotwire for a very good price and when I read some of the other reviews on here prior to my stay I wasn't' sure what I was going to get. Upon my arrival I saw that the name changed from the Sheraton Baltimore City Center to the Baltimore Harbor Hotel. The valet attendant was friendly and parked my car right away. I don't know when the hotel lobby was last renovated however I don't care either, since it's beautiful. At check-in the clerk who I think his name is Marcus couldn't have been more helpful and friendly. Yes the carpet in the rooms and the hallways appear to be several years old however they're clean, which is more important in my book. The room was beautiful and was comfortable for my party of two. The bathroom was clean and the ammenities were of high quality. I had a restful night sleep and had a wonderful surprise the next morning with a free continental breakfast, which had waffles, hard boiled eggs and other items available in the Balto Tap and Tavern. I think the best thing to happen to this hotel is in fact the name change and I'm looking forward to staying here again.

Room Tip: There is a charge for valet parking that is comparable to valet rates at other hotels in the city. S...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Sean D
Edward B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Baltimore Downtown-Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Sean D,
I want to take the time to thank you for your wonderful feedback about our hotel.Your review of our hotel makes me proud that our staff was able to go beyond your expectations. Also thank you for taking the time to recognize Marcus from our front desk staff.

As the Baltimore Harbor Hotel we want to pride ourselves on making lasting memories with each and every guest. I was also more than delighted to hear that you were able to enjoy our complimentary breakfast that we now offer.

I hope that you had a wonderful time in Baltimore, and we would love to see you again. We are look forward to seeing you again the next time you visit.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I never stayed in such a gross hotel ever. One of the two towers (half the hotel) has been condemned!! I Hotwired our room so the trip was non refundable so I was forced to stay in the hole of a hotel for three miserable nights. The entire place is dark and smells like mold. Stay somewhere else.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank claire2054
Dear Claire,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I want to take the time to address some of your concerns that you experienced during your stay. To clarify, one of towers was not condemned. The second tower is presently being marketed as a residential living complex due to the growing need for apartments and condos in the downtown Baltimore. The towers are toured continuously by hotel staff and prospective buyers. All accommodations are fully furnished and inspected regularly.

Your comments have been shared with our staff and we currently making renovations to our hotel . Please let us restore your faith in our hotel. I know that we can do better, and I want to show you that we appreciate you as a guest and patron. I feel every bit of concern that you have and please accept our sincerest apology for any trouble or inconvenience we have caused you
Please know that we have taken your feedback seriously, and will use it to amend our processes as we aim to create the perfect experience for our guests here at the Baltimore Harbor Hotel. This is not an example of the best we have to offer and we would love to for you consider us for a future stay so that we can show you the best experience possible.

Should you have any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact me
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 22 May 2014

We arrived late and were greeted by Jewel at the front desk who took excellent care of us. The room was fantastic (415) with almost a panoramic view. The bar/restaurant was delicious for dinner - crab cakes, yummy burger, caesar salad and the breakfast was delicious too (we were there for a few days). Easy access to Arena, ballpark, Inner Harbor, etc. Would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: corner room #415
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Edward B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Baltimore Downtown-Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Rebecca,

Thank you so much for your review! Thank you for recognizing Jewel, from our Front Desk. It is wonderful to read that she took excellent care of you. I am glad that you were able to enjoy room's view and our hotel amenties during stay!

We are more than happy to let you know that, since your stay with us we've made some renovations and changes to better serve our guests. We now offer complimentary breakfast and internet.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Baltimore Harbor Hotel.

Thanks Again,

Chicago
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Wow, this is my new choice in Baltimore. Front desk staff is charming, fun efficient and Santia is the best!! Room - beautiful, clean, comfortable, I would live here!!!! It seems to be that has been a recent remodel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
I really enjoyed reading your feedback, and I thank you. I am excited to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for recognizing Santia from our Front Desk. It is great that she was fun and effcient with you. Also, thank you for appreciating our housekeeping staff and their efforts to provide wonderful experience.

Since your stay with us we've made some renovations and changes to better serve our guests. We now offer complimentary breakfast and internet.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Baltimore Harbor hotel.

Thanks Again,

Richmond, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 15 May 2014

The hotel is a few blocks from the harbor. You can either park in the underground deck across the street or use valet parking. It's cheaper to park underground. The check in was quick and most of the front desk people were welcoming and friendly. There are a few computers you can use in the lobby to surf the internet. There is also a restaurant onsite that stays open until 10 or 11 pm. You can always order room service or call a few food places for delivery.

We stayed on the north side of the hotel, on the 6th floor. Our view consisted of the front of the hotel and to the side of it as well. We could not see the harbor. However, we enjoyed our view of downtown. I will stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor for a chance to see the harbor.
Green Features: The hotel recycles and I love that! There are recycling logos on several items in the room.
1 Thank Carla H
Dear Carla,

I really enjoyed reading your review and feedback, and I thank you. I am overjoyed to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for labeling us as a " Nice place to stay"! Thank you for appreciating our Front Desk Staff welcoming you to our property.

I am glad that they gave you excellent service while taking your order and delivering your meal. hotel. I am glad to see that you enjoyed room service and other hotel amenities during your stay. Now that we have become the Baltimore Harbor Hotel we offer complimentary internet and breakfast.

Here at the Baltimore Harbor Hotel we greatly appreciate your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Maryland, United States
Reviewed 15 May 2014

The hotel and room were nice enough but several nuisances. Access to the hotel is tricky. You're on a one way street and the hotel parking is before entrance. If you miss it, you have to drive around. The exit is frightening. You have six options to the right of you where cars are coming into the four lanes ahead. Not good for someone who is not use to city driving. Our room was pretty comfortable. Two double beds were ok for the two of us but would have been too close of quarters for two couples. The tv channels had very little selection and having to pay for wifi is ridiculous. The bathroom was small but efficient with nice toiletries available, however, the vent in the shower was disgusting. It definitely explains why I woke up with my allergies flaring.

Green Features: They had signs posted about reusing linens and a recycling pail but used plastic cups in plastic wrappers.
1 Thank Monica S
I hope this message finds you well.

Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback from your most recent stay. I understand that you were less than satisfied with your some aspects of your stay. We apologize for your dissatisfaction.

We pride ourselves in our ability to create memorable moments and excellent experiences. Yes, we understand that city driving can be very tricky and we have made upgrades to outdoor signage to assist with guest parking. Our hotel also now offers complimentary wifi as well as complimentary breakfast.

We highly appreciate your feedback, as it will help us with becoming better at what we do. Please let us restore your faith in our hotel and the service of our staff. I know that we can do better, and I want to show you that we appreciate you as a guest and patron.

Should you have any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact me.

My Best!