“Very disappointed!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Very disappointed!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

My husband and I stayed 3 nights while attending a conference. The front desk clerk gave us our key but was not friendly or welcoming. I called her later to ask her where the vending machines were and she told me to "try level C". I went to that level and didn't see the machine..my husband asked 2 other staff before getting the requested information. As I got into bed I noticed what appeared to be an old blood stain on the sheet on the side of the mattress. Since service had been so poor, I reluctantly decided to wait until the next day and report it since I assumed my bed would not be changed quickly at midnight. The next morning I left a note on the bed reporting the stain and requesting that my sheets be changed. I returned to my room in the evening to find my bed had been made but the stained sheet was still on the bed! I reported it to the front desk. I was told there was no one there that could change my sheets but was moved to another room. I requested a refund for that night and the clerk agreed. She also called to make sure the other room was ok. I was very impressed with the friendly lady that works in the breakfast area and the bellman was nice but I will not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Vactraveler2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (343)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Ocala, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

This former Sheraton property has sadly gone downhill since the transition. No longer has a restaurant, the rooms are worn and very damp and musty. Will not stay here again and have advised the company travel dept to not use this hotel again

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Karen M
Commack LI NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

As people say "what's in a name" in this case nothing. The Baltimore Harbor recently had a name change, and, there treatment of guests, has stayed the same. I've been coming here for almost 7 years. What brings me back here each month, is the wonderful staff, the cleanliness, and the overall appearance of the hotel. The Baltimore Harbor welcomes people and treats them like family. I wouldn't stay anywhere else when I make my monthly visit!

Room Tip: You won't be disappointed
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank MarleneLK10
Edward B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Baltimore Downtown-Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Hi Marlene,

Thank you so much for your loyalty and recognizing our efforts to retain our charm. You know here at the Baltimore Harbor Hotel, we love when our guests become family!

All The Best,
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

We only stayed for one night because we were visiting friends and didn't want to sleep on the floor of their apt. This place was fine for a one night stay. We enjoyed that they have free breakfast and wifi. The real reason I am writing this review is for LaRohanda. GIVE THIS WOMAN A RAISE!!!!!! She is the bartender at the hotel bar. She was incredibly sweet and conversational. It just so happened I was curious about going to the bar and meeting her after previous Trip Advisor reviews about her! She's great and this hotel is lucky to have her

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Sarah L
Edward B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Baltimore Downtown-Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Thank you Sarah for you review! We are happy you were able to enjoy our complimentary breakfast & Wi-Fi that we now offer.

LaRhonda is one of our hidden gems and we are so glad you were able to meet her! I would like to thank you again for your great review and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Best Wishes,
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on 6/18 & booked through hotels.com. When making the reservation Hotels.com confirmed that parking, pool & fitness areas were included.
When we checked in we were told that parking was not included & that they've gotten that feedback previously, but nothing on their end would be done. We asked if the hotel would honor the reservation as booked, but were told no & that we would need to resolve the matter through Hotels. Com. Throughout the conversation at check-in, the staff was very disinterested & had a "take it or leave it" attitude. (Except for 1 gentleman behind the desk) We asked about access times to the pool & were told, without apology or concern, that the pool is closed during the week???
The fitness area is ill equipped and in need of repair.
The hotel rooms were clean, a little snug, but fine overall. The complimentary breakfast the next morning was out of many staples including cream for coffee. The morning wait staff was very pleasant and helpful. A welcomed contrast from our experience at check in.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for sharing your experience. Unfortunately, we are not able to able to offer complimentary parking to our guests. Our parking services are a through a third party contractor who owns the parking facility at our property. As we transitioned into the Baltimore Harbor Hotel we are constantly making updates and refreshing our websites that carry our hotel information.

At this time currently we are close to securing a lifeguard that would give our guests pool access 7 days per week. In the meantime we are working with local facilities with the hopes of offering our guests more options.

I know that we can do better, and I want to show you that we appreciate you as a guest and patron. I hope you consider us for a future stay so that we can show you the best experience possible.

Should you have any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact me.

My Best!
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

Booked for this hotel with makemytrip. really satisfied with the level of service the hotel provided for the price they charged. very conveniently located in the heart of the city with easy access to the subway and the free bus lane. all the food outlets are located close-by and there is even a 7 eleven within walking distance.

The complimentary breakfast was a decent addition and was a pleasant surprise to us considering that it was not expected by us at the time of booking. All-in-all the hotel was a very pleasant stay and would definitely recommend it to someone.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Sharad S
Thanks for making us your third review on TripAdvisor. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were able to take advantage of our complimentary breakfast. We agree that were are in a wonderful location of the city and we appreciate you for stay with us.

We look forward to seeing you again the next time you visit!

Thanks Again,
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

We used our Sheraton points to stay at this location. Not knowing that it had changed to a different name and was no longer a Sheraton property. It's in a bit of a sketchy area and it's not safe to roam around at night.

The first night we got there around 10p.m. check in. Figured we would get a head start and check out the hotel and where the pool and gym are for the following day. Big mistake on our part since we ran into a huge cockroach on our way back out of the gym towards the elevators. Then we get to the room and it's full of dust and looked abandoned like as if no one had stayed in that room for months. The radiator was full of dust and it was blowing it all around the room. The bathroom was dirty and gross. The ceilings had water stains in them that needed to be repaired. The windows that were facing the city were totally dirty with oil spots from peoples heads banging on the window. Complimentary breakfast was eat at your own risk.

It only gets worse from here….we were told we were going to park in their parking lot and only pay $24 for the friday night and saturday night overnight stay. This was a lie, when we checked out on Sunday the fee was a whopping $48. Oh wait it gets worse! It's now Sunday and we're now waiting for our car and as we're waiting for more than 30 minutes…a family comes out who just had checked out with their massive dog and pet pig. How is this allowed?!?! You mean to say that I just slept on the same sheets and bed that a pig could have slept on. This is why people get sick. I will never recommend this hotel to anyone. I canceled my two future reservations and will hopefully have a better experience elsewhere. Not sure how they're still staying in business with all of the disgusting things we saw during our family vacation.

Room Tip: None of the rooms….
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank serafinar2014
juan w, Director of Operations at Radisson Hotel Baltimore Downtown-Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear serafinar2014:

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am disappointed that we failed to neither met nor exceed your expectations during your most recent visit. At the Baltimore Harbor Hotel, we take your feedback very serious and want to ensure that your concerns are addressed. We would appreciate an opportunity to speak with you directly so that we may continue to pinpoint areas of opportunity that would improve our business unit. Cleanliness and service remain at the forefront of our efforts to provide a memorable experience. We are so sorry that this did not happen. Your experience does not reflect the service that we are capable of delivering or conditions that we find acceptable. We are a pet friendly hotel, however specific and detailed steps are taken upon departure from every pet room. This includes professional deep cleaning services allowing proper sanitation and replacement of linens. We have a preventative maintenance program that would address the details you listed inside of the guest rooms and common areas. In addition, we are on a scheduled contract with an industry leading pest control company to whom which we have also shared your feedback. Again, Serafinar2014, we apologize for the inconvenience and would welcome your return to experience our best efforts at great service and clean accommodations. Feel free to contact me directly to further discuss. At this time, I can go over each detail that negatively impacted your stay. My goal is to ensure your satisfaction and to redeem your faith in our product. We feel that we can offer a much better experience for a family vacation. We look forward to your response.

Kind and Sincere Regards,