“Decent Old Hotel in Center Baltimore”

Radisson Hotel Baltimore Downtown-Inner Harbor
Ranked #45 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Stayed here last year when it was still called Sheraton Baltimore Center Hotel... the hotel feels old from inside out, but compared to other hotels in the area it has a pretty good price, especially if you are traveling on a tight budget. Most hotels, such as the Sheraton, Renaissance, Four Seasons, Marriott along the harbor are 50% - 100% more the price. My corner room had a view of the city center - it wasn't beautiful, wasn't terrible, but just decent. Driving to the harbor took me a good ten minutes, if you include traffic, and walking would take longer than that. The hotel is located, literally, right next to a seedy, run-down neighborhood and I did not feel safe at night walking even with my family. On the bright side, the seafood at the restaurant was great and the staff was very courteous and friendly. Overall, it's a satisfactory stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Radisson Hotel Baltimore Downtown-Inner Harbor

Reviewed 10 July 2014

The entire hotel smells like a wet cigarette butt. There is no restaurant in the hotel. It very is run down . The one positive thing I can say about the hotel is that the staff has been nice. I won't be back in this hotel . Tomorrow can't come soon enough.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank sbraz64
Edward B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Baltimore Downtown-Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Sbaz64

Thank you for sharing your experience. We value your loyalty to our hotel and I apologize for falling short of your expectations here at the Baltimore Harbor Hotel. Could you please contact me directly at the hotel so that I can get further information about your stay, so that we can take the appropriate corrective actions concerning our cleanliness and your billing issues.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon!

Reviewed 10 July 2014

The Baltimore Harbor Hotel is the best place to stay in downtown Baltimore MD. The management and staff are first class around the clock. The staff was very responsive and prompt when called. Extra sheets, towels, they were at my door in no time. The valet staff quickly acknowledged and secured transportation for my daughter and her friend to a concert while in town. I was assured in knowing they where taken care of and promptly returned to the hotel. The hotel itself is in a prime location and close proximity to the Inter-harbor. We walked down and back for dinner. And of course warmly greeted each and every time entering the hotel. The management and staff is to be commended for their professionalism and concern for the guest needs. Highly recommend the Biltmore Harbor Hotel during your next visit to Baltimore MD. Ask for Mr. Webster, you'll receive best service in town!

Room Tip: club level is the most comfortable and roomy. Excellent views.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Deborah M
Reviewed 9 July 2014

My wife, kids, and i checked in on Wednesday July 2nd and stayed until Saturday July 5th. When i arrived the parking valet was very helpful and professional. He helped me unload and was very gracious when i told him that i didn't have any cash on hand for a tip. (i took care of him later). Michelle checked us in. She was friendly and courteous. My request for adjoining rooms was in the system and they accommodated. The room was very clean and comfy. The mini fridge and microwave were a pleasant surprise. The housekeeping staff was friendly and courteous. I appreciate that they didn't rush or even knock on the door to ask when e would be out of the room. They were super friendly and very professional. The complimentary breakfast was good. Crystal made waffles for my teenagers. They ate their fill. She was great. The OJ was good too. None of that from concentrate mess. The coffee was pretty good too. Mike the bartender was very friendly and knowledgeable about attractions and restaurants in the area. The service and accommodations were excellent. I had a chance to speak with Juan the property manager. Very professional and friendly. Overall the service was excellent and more importantly consistent. I will definitely stay at the hotel again and eagerly recommend it to friends and family.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank reggiecummings
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I have been staying at this hotel faithfully for about 4 years every time I come to Baltimore. This weekend was the first time I stayed at the hotel since they became the Baltimore Harbor Hotel and I have to say it was a very pleasant trip! I enjoyed the free wifi and complimentary breakfast! The pool was amazing and almost made me forget I was in downtown Baltimore. Even the equipment in the gym was a pleasant surprise! They have these treadmills that have flat screens with cable tv on them. All in all it was a very comfortable, affordable, pleasant stay. It's not a full service hotel anymore so unfortunately you have to carry your own bags lol but the free breakfast and free wifi make up for that. Also they have the most pleasant front desk agents! Tessa and Juanice were amazing when I checked in! I had forgotten my toothbrush so they made sure to bring me a toothbrush and tooth paste. jewel at the front desk was amazing aswell. She may be the funniest person I have ever met. They made my stay a very enjoyable one! If your in Baltimore and want a comfortable and enjoyable stay, stay at the Baltimore Harbor Hotel!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Bmore2atl
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

I only stayed one night here and I absolutely loved it. The hotel is in need of a bit of an update but overall, it was great. The beds are super comfortable and I wanted to take the pillows home with me! I came here for the Beyonce and Jay-Z On The Run Tour and the hotel provided my friend and I car service to and from the M&T Bank Stadium. The bathrooms were super clean. Bathroom cleanliness is always the first thing I check when I stay anywhere.

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Maya M
Reviewed 8 July 2014

My experience at this hotel was wonderful. The accomadations were great and the beds are so nice, clean and comfortable. Jarrod and Juanice were absolutely joys to work with. Very polite, professional and courteous. I would recommend this hotel anyone. Great walking distance to everything.

Room Tip: Higher floors have great views.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends