“Great place to stay for a visit to the Inner Harbor”

Radisson Hotel Baltimore Downtown-Inner Harbor
Ranked #42 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
GreenLeadersBronze level
York, Pennsylvania
“Great place to stay for a visit to the Inner Harbor”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Just got back from an over night at the Inner Harbor. Found the Baltimore Harbor Hotel to be a nice place to stay at a reasonable rate. It is clean and the staff was exceptionally friendly. It's bit worn in places and could use some sprucing up. A six block walk gets you to the shops and restaurants of the Inner Harbor. I'd definitely recommend it.

Room Tip: Take advantage of the corner room king size bed.
3 Thank Andy P
juan w, Director of Operations at Radisson Hotel Baltimore Downtown-Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear AndyP,

Thank you for the feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your visit to Baltimore and the Inner Harbor. We are grateful to have great associates that make our jobs as managers delightful and that enjoy taking care of guests. We are continuing to improve our product and appreciate you sharing your opinion. If you ever have time to share, I would like to speak with you directly to make sure we are actively addressing concerns. We are currently making property enhancements that will hopefully impact the next guest and you upon your return. Thanks again for the recommendation and I look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,

Director of Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (343)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Dayton, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

We booked this hotel with our Starwood points when it was still a Sheraton. They honored our reservation which was great. The valet was very convenient as we came and went quite often during the day. Camden Yards was within walking distance which was why we stayed there. The area is a typical downtown area but we never had any problems with feeling safe at any time. The staff was professional. The carpet in the room needed cleaning/updating but was OK.

1 Thank Sue D
juan w, Director of Operations at Radisson Hotel Baltimore Downtown-Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Valued Guest Sue D:

Thank you for staying with us. We were glad to honor your reservation booked under the Sheraton and that your stay was pleasant. At the Baltimore Harbor Hotel you can comfortably enjoy the convenience of being downtown. I am sure you had a great experience watching the Orioles and Nationals, two of the top teams in baseball separated by less than a 1 hour drive. I wanted to address your concern regarding the guest room carpet as this is of great importance. We are near completion of shampooing and deep cleaning the entire hotel including all guest rooms for the current cycle. We regret that we did not get to your assigned room prior to your arrival. We have areas such as carpet that are addressed as part of a rotational scheduled cleaning and updating program where we document our progress each quarter and as needed. You also mentioned Valet services being convenient and we are glad to hear this. We are one of few parking services that offer unlimited in and out accessibility in the downtown markets. You are able to go in and out as you please with no additional charges or fees. Thank you again for selecting our hotel. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Kindest Regards,

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Found a TRavelZoo voucher for this hotel for $89. Was well worth the price and then some. Rooms are small, but quaint. Quite clean. Had a very comfortable king-sized bed. Staff was very friendly and engaging. When we checked in, the young man at the desk offered to discount our valet service, which we readily accepted. That was the start of a very pleasant stay. They have a nice rooftop pool with a lifeguard on duty. Their exercise room was one of the largest and most equipped that I have ever seen.

All in all, a nice place to stay that demands a repeat trip...

2 Thank thebeeve1
Hello thebeeve1 :

Thank you for making the Baltimore Harbor your choice of stay during your recent visit to Baltimore. We appreciate your feedback and encourage you to return. We offer great rates and you experienced the value first hand. I am glad you had time to take advantage of the rooftop pool and experience Baltimore Harbor Fitness where we invite our guests to get their Charm on through exercise. Whenever you are ready to return, please look us up at www.baltimoreharborhotel.com or contact me directly.

Best Wishes,

Smithtown, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

This past week-end my family and I stayed at the Baltimore Harbor Hotel. From the website it looked good. From the reviews it did not sound bad. I can now tell you what the real story is about this hotel. This property has the potential of being a great hotel. Unfortunately it is not. Where to start!
The check in experience. Got in at around midnight Thursday night. Went to the front desk and got greeted by an elderly gentlemen. Got my room and went upstairs. Upon entering the room, I discovered that since there was 4 of us in the room, I needed more bath towels, extra linen for the roll away bed. So I called the front desk and requested these items. The first delivery by hotel staff was for 2 extra towels only. So I called the front desk back and said that they did not deliver everything I requested. 2nd delivery was for 1 counter sheet. So I called back the front desk and ask if they could send the flat sheet, a blanket and a pillow to complete the set and 2 more towels. The front desk attendant that answered, the same person that checked me in then proceeded to tell me in a rude voice that I should have order all at the same time!!! But I did. He rudely hung the phone up and said good night that's it for you? WOW such great hospitality service.
The FREE breakfast is to say awful. Not fresh, not enough and no proper service to refill empty juice container or even have plastic utensil out to eat with.....
The Staff of the hotel I have to say, with the exception of that night manager person, are polite and nice to be around. Without a doubt in my mind, this hotel is understaff, not being maintained and should not have any guest until repairs are made.
The linen: Old towels with holes and stains on them. Bed sheets with holes and so thin you can see through them.
I am really sorry for the staff that seem to be treated poorly by management, but more so for customers that expect to get a good experience staying at this hotel. The price will fool you in staying at the hotel, but please consider another option no to spoil your vacation.

I hope that the Managing team of this hotel, if serious about being in the hospitality service industry, read this and consider to start improving their quality of service and provide a proper experience to future guest.

Dan Lynch

Room Tip: Do not go to this hotel at this time.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Daniel L
Dear Mr. Dan Lynch:

I am terribly sorry that you had such a bad stay and first time experience recently at the Baltimore Harbor Hotel. As a member of the Management Team at the property level, we take your feedback serious. Our goal is to provide each guest with a quality, memorable and inspirational experience driven through cleanliness and great service. We regret that none of these pillars became a highlight for you. I would appreciate an opportunity to redeem your faith back with the Baltimore Harbor Hotel. You wrote about very specific details that provide me and the leadership team with clear direction and where impact needs to be made. I value your opinion and will do all that we can to restore the image from your visit. Please note that our associates and stakeholders are committed to constantly improving our property. If it is important to you, it has to be more important for us. We have made recent strides in providing each guest with a fresh breakfast product to start your day, clean and comfortable bedding and linen with hopes of encouraging a restful night’s sleep and genuine hospitality service that should never reflect rudeness. We will not tolerate nor do we promote anything less than superb customer service. We treat our associates fairly and we value their dedication and loyalty to our property and to our guests. We take pride in our daily efforts, but we will not make an excuse for why you left dissatisfied. What I will share is my promise to address your concerns. I have shared your review with the team and we will continue to ensure that no guest has an experience reflective to your recent stay. If you would be so kind to contact me, I would like to personally apologize and also discuss how we can move forward and prove to you how good we can be overall. Thank you and I certainly look forward to speaking with you.

Central City, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

I took my Grandson to see his first Orioles game (we are Pittsburgh fans!! :) ) and stayed at this hotel. The staff was very helpful with all my questions and directions. We used the valet and it was worth the money. Even though we checked out at 11:00, we were still able to keep our car there until 5:00. This was huge because we went to the Aquarium the next morning. Everything is within walking distance and was very safe. The hotel was easy to find; easy in and easy out of the city!! Thank you for a wonderful stay!

Room Tip: We liked the higher level.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Kathy R
juan w, Director of Operations at Radisson Hotel Baltimore Downtown-Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear KathyR and Pirate Fan:

In our eyes, you get the Grandparent of the summer award for bringing your grandson to one of the finest Major League Baseball parks in America at Oriole Park at Camden Yards followed up with a visit to our top rated National Aquarium. Two great choices in the Charm City. We are glad we were able to enhance the overall experience while here by providing hassle free and memorable service. Thank you for taking the time to share such a good story and someone’s highlight of the summer of 2014. We welcome you back any time. Even though you were able to see two of the major attractions in one visit, Baltimore has so much more to offer, see and explore. Upon your return, our goal is to continue to be your home hotel. Thank you and have a wonderful remainder of the summer.

Respectfully,

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

We landed a deal with the Baltimore Harbor Hotel on Priceline. To be honest, we were a bit concerned about this one because it was no longer a Sheraton and we had no idea what to expect from a "no-name" hotel operator. It turned out to be OK. When we arrived we found out that they were out of King bed rooms, so we were checked into a Queen room on the 18th floor. The room had a great view of downtown Baltimore, but it was tiny. The carpet had visible creases and needs to be replaced. The hotel could also use some electrical upgrades as there were not enough outlets to operate the coffee maker where it was located. I had to move it to the windowsill. Overall, though, the room was clean and comfortable enough for a 1-night stay. We would probably have felt very cramped if we were there much longer.

The hotel also offers a free continental breakfast with cereals, bagels, fruits, yogurts, coffee and a waffle station. It could have used a little more protein, but it was good enough for one day.

Valet parking is $24 on weekends (more expensive during the week) and was a bit disorganized.

Room Tip: Queen rooms are tiny.
Dear Valued Guest apagano :

I love your first sentence and the fact that you felt you were rewarded a “deal” with your choice of the Baltimore Harbor Hotel. Offering guests a great value is what we do best. We are also prideful in the areas of clean rooms and great service. We appreciate your review and are taking your feedback to add into our property’s preventative maintenance program where all room deficiencies are addressed to improve the overall quality. The Preventative Maintenance Team will address room condition concerns which include the carpet and electrical upgrades mentioned. We do offer a discounted parking rate on Friday and Saturday of $24 and a $32 rate Sunday through Thursday night. Being disorganized is not an acceptable view and we want to improve this. During your next visit we would be happy to have you in one of our spacious king rooms with a great city view. It seems like you enjoyed our breakfast offerings as well. We feel that our breakfast experience adds to the great value overall and continues to rank as one of the most popular attributes of Baltimore Harbor Hotel. Thank you again for taking a moment to write about your stay and we look forward to your return.

Sincere Regards,

North Bergen, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

We booked 2 double rooms for 5 people through expedia in June. When we arrived to the hotel after a 9 hour drive in terrible traffic, we were told they had no rooms for
us.They had overbooked. Offered to shuttle us to a holiday inn which wasn't in the inner harbour area, and the next day would upgrade to 2 suites. After my husband was persistent, they stuffed us all into a double room (5 people) The next day when they upgraded us, they 1st put us in a suite with a king bed (5 people) after complaining, they gave us 1 room with 2 double beds and a suite down the hall with no bed at all...Finally after over an hour of room switches, we ended up with 2 rooms. One with 2 beds and one with a king. So we still have to sleep with our 3 year old in the bed with us. We were to exhausted to
complain anymore.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Erlo1
Dear Erlo1:

We appreciate your feedback. I am not happy to hear that you had far less than a hassle free experience. Please know that your satisfaction is of the utmost importance and we regret that you were not met with comfortable sleeping arrangements after a long drive in. Our intention is to successfully manage our room inventory to prevent such incidents that occurred during your stay. We are researching processes that will prevent this from happening in the future. Our goal is to learn from missed opportunities and use guest provided feedback to improve the Baltimore Harbor Hotel. We are certain that we can accommodate your family and would welcome you all back to prove it. Our customer feedback is the lifeline of building loyalty and you should know that your review matters. I regret that we did not have a chance to discuss prior to your departure, but feel free to reach me at any time to discuss opportunities to leave you with a positive lasting impression. Thank you again for sharing and I sincerely hope that you were able to enjoy the remainder of your visit to the Charm City.

Respectfully,