“Lost the Sheraton flag and it's clear why they lost it” 1 of 5 bubbles

Radisson Hotel Baltimore Downtown-Inner Harbor
Ranked #40 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
GreenLeadersBronze level
Los Angeles
“Lost the Sheraton flag and it's clear why they lost it”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

No restaurant and they won't allow delivery people upstairs - you have to walk down to get your food. Shabby rooms with lots of rust and a desperate need for fresh paint. No water pressure in the shower. Mattresses will kill your back - the springs have been jamming me in the back for two nights. Noise is awful - you hear everything in the hallways and all the doors seem to slam. Breakfast buffet staff is surly and food looks awful anyway (we never got to eat). Elevators are a major issue. Today we waited 38 minutes to get downstairs, missing breakfast, even after the manager instructed them to hold it for us. Now our car is lost in valet - they never put the car in their log. On the bright side, front desk staff is very sweet and accommodating. Bartender Mike was fantastic and told us about history at Fells Point.

• Stayed August 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Location
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank pdh129
juan w, Director of Operations at Radisson Hotel Baltimore Downtown-Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear pdh129:

Thank you for your review. I am glad you were able to find a bright side to your stay. I will be sure to share your compliments with Mike and the Front Office staff. I wanted to address your concerns listed in your review. For safety and security measures, we don’t encourage room deliveries directly to guest rooms. Our breakfast staff is usually very friendly and very accommodating. We have fresh food delivered daily and receive lots of compliments from the variety of fruits, cereal, yogurts, hard boiled eggs, bagels, muffins and the best waffles that you create yourself. If you experienced less than, I apologize and I know we are better than what you experienced. We would have certainly been able to offer you something to start your morning had we known that you missed breakfast. When we are booked to capacity, the elevators are usually in high demand during the morning rush and breakfast time. This is not an excuse, but simply to add clarity to the typical morning flow on a morning after a sellout night. I am going to work with our valet team directly to get more details regarding your lost ticket and address your comments. If you would be so kind to contact me and provide me with more details regarding your guest room, I will have our Engineering & Housekeeping Teams work to correct any deficiencies. Although we do not have a full service restaurant, we offer great choices to quick food including sandwiches, wraps, fruits and other snacks and we are located to numerous options that offer a variety in dining choices. We didn’t lose our hotel flag; we decided to operate a good hotel under a new model. This is important to us and at the Baltimore Harbor Hotel; you have a dedicated team that believes in who we are. Our new business model has been successful through our transition in many areas, but with feedback such as you have provided, we are able to continually improve.

Your feedback is important and will help us prepare for your future return and to accommodate the next guest that chooses the Baltimore Harbor Hotel. Thank you again for sharing. I hope that you will consider us in the future, not because of your previous experience, but because we are taking action immediately. In addition, we want to show you how much we appreciate your feedback. I realize we are not perfect, but I know the things we continue to make a part of our culture are cleanliness, service and great value. Thank you again and I look forward to hearing from you.

With Sincere and Genuine Thanks,

Baltimore Harbor Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (341)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Braunschweig, Germany
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

The Hotel is located near the Inner Harbor (10 min walking distance). The rooms are very shabby and in urgent need of renovation. The breakfast was okay but not really special. The price we paid (we booked on HotWire) was not worth it. The staff was very friendly and helped us in every single moment.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NorbertD3
Dear Valued Guest:

Your feedback is important. Thank you for taking the time to list the pros and cons of your visit. We are working to improve the impression of our hotel and apologize that we failed to meet your expectations. We make property improvements daily and we hope they are noticeable by the time you return. I am most disappointed that we were reviewed as ok, but we will continue to strive to move an ok review to an above average and ultimately to a clean fantastic hotel with great staff at a great value. You have provided us with an opportunity to improve our business and we are thankful that you shared. If you find yourself in the charm city in the near future or beyond, we would love to welcome you back to Baltimore Harbor Hotel. Thank you.

Sincere Regards,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

It was a pleasure to check in with Lashonda @ the FD, I made my reservation with her & she was just as nice as she was on the phone. She made sure to mention the amenities included, breakfast, access to the pool... Then we met Crystal the next morning when came down to the lobby for breakfast of Waffles,Cereal, coffee, juice, bagels... & get this, you make your own fresh waffles, blueberry or plain, Ms. Crystal helped us with that!. The hotel is in walking distance of the Harbor where u will find restaurants, shopping and entertainment! We really enjoyed our stay and recommend Baltimore Harbor Hotel if you're visiting Baltimore City!

3 Thank Jacquline D
juan w, Director of Operations at Radisson Hotel Baltimore Downtown-Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear JacqulineD,

We appreciate your review. I have worked closely with LaShonda and Crystal and they each aim to impact with the guests in a positive way usually leaving impressionable memories. We look forward to your next trip to Baltimore. We actually have a few new flavors of waffles to introduce and I can’t wait for you to try one. Thanks again for choosing the Baltimore Harbor Hotel. We are always available to assist you with your next reservation.

Kind Regards,

York, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Just got back from an over night at the Inner Harbor. Found the Baltimore Harbor Hotel to be a nice place to stay at a reasonable rate. It is clean and the staff was exceptionally friendly. It's bit worn in places and could use some sprucing up. A six block walk gets you to the shops and restaurants of the Inner Harbor. I'd definitely recommend it.

Room Tip: Take advantage of the corner room king size bed.
      Location
3 Thank Andy P
Dear AndyP,

Thank you for the feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your visit to Baltimore and the Inner Harbor. We are grateful to have great associates that make our jobs as managers delightful and that enjoy taking care of guests. We are continuing to improve our product and appreciate you sharing your opinion. If you ever have time to share, I would like to speak with you directly to make sure we are actively addressing concerns. We are currently making property enhancements that will hopefully impact the next guest and you upon your return. Thanks again for the recommendation and I look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,

Dayton, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

We booked this hotel with our Starwood points when it was still a Sheraton. They honored our reservation which was great. The valet was very convenient as we came and went quite often during the day. Camden Yards was within walking distance which was why we stayed there. The area is a typical downtown area but we never had any problems with feeling safe at any time. The staff was professional. The carpet in the room needed cleaning/updating but was OK.

1 Thank Sue D
juan w, Director of Operations at Radisson Hotel Baltimore Downtown-Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Valued Guest Sue D:

Thank you for staying with us. We were glad to honor your reservation booked under the Sheraton and that your stay was pleasant. At the Baltimore Harbor Hotel you can comfortably enjoy the convenience of being downtown. I am sure you had a great experience watching the Orioles and Nationals, two of the top teams in baseball separated by less than a 1 hour drive. I wanted to address your concern regarding the guest room carpet as this is of great importance. We are near completion of shampooing and deep cleaning the entire hotel including all guest rooms for the current cycle. We regret that we did not get to your assigned room prior to your arrival. We have areas such as carpet that are addressed as part of a rotational scheduled cleaning and updating program where we document our progress each quarter and as needed. You also mentioned Valet services being convenient and we are glad to hear this. We are one of few parking services that offer unlimited in and out accessibility in the downtown markets. You are able to go in and out as you please with no additional charges or fees. Thank you again for selecting our hotel. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Kindest Regards,

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Found a TRavelZoo voucher for this hotel for $89. Was well worth the price and then some. Rooms are small, but quaint. Quite clean. Had a very comfortable king-sized bed. Staff was very friendly and engaging. When we checked in, the young man at the desk offered to discount our valet service, which we readily accepted. That was the start of a very pleasant stay. They have a nice rooftop pool with a lifeguard on duty. Their exercise room was one of the largest and most equipped that I have ever seen.

All in all, a nice place to stay that demands a repeat trip...

Sleep Quality
2 Thank thebeeve1
Hello thebeeve1 :

Thank you for making the Baltimore Harbor your choice of stay during your recent visit to Baltimore. We appreciate your feedback and encourage you to return. We offer great rates and you experienced the value first hand. I am glad you had time to take advantage of the rooftop pool and experience Baltimore Harbor Fitness where we invite our guests to get their Charm on through exercise. Whenever you are ready to return, please look us up at www.baltimoreharborhotel.com or contact me directly.

Best Wishes,

Smithtown, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

This past week-end my family and I stayed at the Baltimore Harbor Hotel. From the website it looked good. From the reviews it did not sound bad. I can now tell you what the real story is about this hotel. This property has the potential of being a great hotel. Unfortunately it is not. Where to start!
The check in experience. Got in at around midnight Thursday night. Went to the front desk and got greeted by an elderly gentlemen. Got my room and went upstairs. Upon entering the room, I discovered that since there was 4 of us in the room, I needed more bath towels, extra linen for the roll away bed. So I called the front desk and requested these items. The first delivery by hotel staff was for 2 extra towels only. So I called the front desk back and said that they did not deliver everything I requested. 2nd delivery was for 1 counter sheet. So I called back the front desk and ask if they could send the flat sheet, a blanket and a pillow to complete the set and 2 more towels. The front desk attendant that answered, the same person that checked me in then proceeded to tell me in a rude voice that I should have order all at the same time!!! But I did. He rudely hung the phone up and said good night that's it for you? WOW such great hospitality service.
The FREE breakfast is to say awful. Not fresh, not enough and no proper service to refill empty juice container or even have plastic utensil out to eat with.....
The Staff of the hotel I have to say, with the exception of that night manager person, are polite and nice to be around. Without a doubt in my mind, this hotel is understaff, not being maintained and should not have any guest until repairs are made.
The linen: Old towels with holes and stains on them. Bed sheets with holes and so thin you can see through them.
I am really sorry for the staff that seem to be treated poorly by management, but more so for customers that expect to get a good experience staying at this hotel. The price will fool you in staying at the hotel, but please consider another option no to spoil your vacation.

I hope that the Managing team of this hotel, if serious about being in the hospitality service industry, read this and consider to start improving their quality of service and provide a proper experience to future guest.

Dan Lynch

Room Tip: Do not go to this hotel at this time.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Daniel L
Dear Mr. Dan Lynch:

I am terribly sorry that you had such a bad stay and first time experience recently at the Baltimore Harbor Hotel. As a member of the Management Team at the property level, we take your feedback serious. Our goal is to provide each guest with a quality, memorable and inspirational experience driven through cleanliness and great service. We regret that none of these pillars became a highlight for you. I would appreciate an opportunity to redeem your faith back with the Baltimore Harbor Hotel. You wrote about very specific details that provide me and the leadership team with clear direction and where impact needs to be made. I value your opinion and will do all that we can to restore the image from your visit. Please note that our associates and stakeholders are committed to constantly improving our property. If it is important to you, it has to be more important for us. We have made recent strides in providing each guest with a fresh breakfast product to start your day, clean and comfortable bedding and linen with hopes of encouraging a restful night’s sleep and genuine hospitality service that should never reflect rudeness. We will not tolerate nor do we promote anything less than superb customer service. We treat our associates fairly and we value their dedication and loyalty to our property and to our guests. We take pride in our daily efforts, but we will not make an excuse for why you left dissatisfied. What I will share is my promise to address your concerns. I have shared your review with the team and we will continue to ensure that no guest has an experience reflective to your recent stay. If you would be so kind to contact me, I would like to personally apologize and also discuss how we can move forward and prove to you how good we can be overall. Thank you and I certainly look forward to speaking with you.