“Lord Baltimore Raddison Hotel” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lord Baltimore Hotel

Lord Baltimore Hotel
Ranked #17 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Clover, South Carolina
“Lord Baltimore Raddison Hotel”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

My stay at the Lord Baltimore included a room change because the first room I was in smelled horrible. I had no trouble changing rooms, they were very nice about it. The second problem was that when it was close to time to check out, I was on the 8th floor and could not get an elevator down because they did not have enough working and they were always full when they stopped. I finally asked a housekeeper how to get out and she put me on a freight elevator to security who showed me out. I could not get on the stairs and walk down, they said the stairs don't go the the Lobby?? Good Location though.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
      Location
      Sleep Quality
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
LBH1928, Guest Relations Manager at Lord Baltimore Hotel, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
Dear 'nlrogers"

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with the comments regarding your most recent stay here at the Lord Baltimore Hotel. We are keenly aware of the ongoing elevator issues and have begun work on the installation of new state-of-the-art elevators.

Please accept our apology for failing to meet your expectations, as we should have. We will use your comments to help us make improvements in our services so that we can improve and provide all guests with an exceptional experience. The entire hotel is undergoing a full renovation that began in July with repairs of the heat and air systems and guest room windows.. Guest room renovations will commence in November. Original architectural features have been uncovered in the grand lobby and restoration of those areas is underway too. Our completion date is April of 2014.

Please consider staying with us again so that we can have another opportunity to provide you with exceptional services and very soon – a completely renovated and remunerated Lord Baltimore Hotel.

Best regards,
Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

My stay at the Lord Baltimore began on 7/8/13 and ended on 8/16/13. I was going on a 6 week business trip and being in one place away from everything that I knew seemed like a very long time. Prior to arriving at the Lord Baltimore, I had spoken to Marilyn, the Director of Sales. She was genuinely a nice person and answered all my questions. She made sure that I was ready for long stay ahead. Little did I know, she had so much more in store for us. Thankl you Marilyn for going the extra mile! You are truly a fabulous person and I thank you for ALL that you did not just for myself but all of us. I have told you this before and some of our co-workers my have had a room but what I had for the 6 weeks I stayed at The Lord Baltimore was an extended family! Thank you!

I arrived on 7/8/13 and although the hotel was not what I had anticipated, the staff was beyond anything I could imagine. The hotel had been bought by an independent and was changing from The Lord Baltimore Raddison to The Lord Baltimore. I understood this and there were signs showing the renovations that were going to be made. Even though my room was alright, the staff made me feel welcomed and as close to home as possible.

The front desk staff, Randolph, Lisa and all the staff I encountered were professional, courteous and made sure that I had what I needed. If I ran out of towels or needed fresh linen, it was sent immediately. A special thank you to Randolph for going above and beyond!

The bell hops, Amos, Tony and Alan...Phenomenal! Thank you all for being so polite, assisting me even when I didn't need it, your smiles and polite demeanor truly made a difference in my coming in and out on a daily basis.

Ms. Mary - there is NONE like her. She is truly the pilar of The Lord Baltimore and was like my mother away from home. Leaving her was emotional for not just myself but all of us and she will be greatly missed. I still think of breakfast in the morning and happy hour at 5:30. Thank you Ms. Mary for all you have done!

Halfway through my Baltimore journey, Ms. Donna joined the familky and fell right into place. She took over when Ms. Mary was not there and for her, we were thankful. Between she and Ms. Mary, feeling welcome wa never a question.

Ms. Rosa and the cleaning staff were remarkable! Who folds face towels into clams? She does! Thank you.

To Vergl and the staff in the restaurant, you are fabulous. It could not have been easy dealing with so many of us but you all made it look simple. We so appreciate you all and thank you for serving breakfast with a smile.

Lee, it was truly a pleasure meeting you. You always made the "events" big and when you and Marilyn arrived, I felt like the two of you put forth a great effort to make sure we were taken care of, addressing issues (even from those that were not grateful enough to the effort and actual actions). Lee, for being the best host at the gatherings and having a fabulous personality, I thank you and you will be missed.

In all honesty, I had very minimal issues if any at all. If I had a problem, it was addressed immediately. I understood that being there for that length of time required that I not become just a resident but an entity, a part of the hotel family. I am well aware I am truly a unique individual and I am very ok with that. I suppose that is why so many people leave comments looking at the glass half empty and not full.

Each experience is different and that is just life. My experience was definitely a personal one and I have met a lot of wonderful people through it. I am looking forward to the hotel renovations being complete and I am definitely going back. I am thankful for the relationships that were founded and will continue to prosper. I thank you all.

Room Tip: Definitely chose the corner suites. They are larger and my view was amazing! Just a personal prefere...