“Dirty, Depressing, Dark and Dingy”

Lord Baltimore Hotel
Ranked #16 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Stains on the walls and carpets, old tube televisions, rickety elevators, dark, dirty and depressing. They have removed the controls for the sleep number beds, so now they are just uncomfortable. I understand that there are new owners and that they are planning a renovation, but nothing has started yet. A $50 coupon off my stay for next year's trade show after they hopefully renovate, hardly makes up for the miserable stay now. With all of the wonderful hotels in Baltimore, you would be out of your mind to stay here. I do not understand the comments that say it is under renovation, because absolutely nothing has started yet. The doormen told me that the new owners don't want to start renovation when they are still filling the hotel with the convention center business.

Room Tip: The internet only works -- barely -- if your room is in the center of the hotel. Most of the rooms...
6  Thank NYTrip46

Reviewed 27 September 2013

The hotel is centrally located. The Staff is amazing. The lobby is very nice. The hotel is clean. While the hotel have begun renovations, unfortunately the rooms still haven't been touched and it shows. My bed was VERY uncomfortable and had a 'dip' in the middle which was the only place you could sleep on the mattress- I was on my own so it was a huge issue BUT not sure what I would have done if I had been with my wife.

The TV's are OLD- My remote didn't work at all so I had to turn the TV on and off and change channels the old fashioned way.

The Bathroom was clean and functional.

Overall I would love to stay here again BUT only once the rooms have been remodeled and they have new beds etc...... Until then I will seek out other options.

1  Thank MTCB
Reviewed 26 September 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel Sept 21st for 1 night to celebrate our 6th anniversary 9/22. We were looking for something close to inner harbor so we could park our car and walk. The location was GREAT!!! About 4 blocks from the harbor. For the price of the hotel I think we got a steal...The hotel was very nice, we were greeted by the bellman with his umbrella to walk me to the front of the hotel so we could check in then my husband went to park the car. We didn't use the valet service since we were parking our car for our trip no need to pay the extra $$. The lobby was very beautiful and even though they were doing renovations we couldn't tell. Check in took a little bit, but we were arriving when a college game left out so a lot of people were checking in at the same time. I would say the worse part of the hotel were the elevators. Even though they had several of them they were very slow. We were never in a rush so it didn't bother us, but if we were staying for more then 1 night I'm sure it would have gotten annoying. As far as the rooms, they were okay, nothing to write home about. It was perfect for what we needed. If we were looking to stay in downtown again I wouldn't mind staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2013

very old, ugly, broken beds, no wifi (not working), very very dirt carpet, room 1514, and 1611, front desk dont want to help. elevator are in very bad condition, and is very depressing that you arrive to a hotel that claim to be good and is terrible.

Beds feel like was filled with sand. well the first one was broken.

Room Tip: no tips, get a different hotel
5  Thank Ricardo E
Reviewed 25 September 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 22 September 2013

This hotel is under renovation, its a little shabby, but shows great signs of its former beauty with a wonderfully naturally lit dining area, views of the interesting surrounding architecture, and a breathtaking ceiling in the lobby. It was clean, the location was good, the staff was pleasant, and the room was a reasonable price. Everything I look for in a basic hotel to see the city.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for one night because we had tickets to a football game. The location was great... Close to the light rail and a 20 minute walk to the stadium. The hotel bar was fun and the rooms are spacious. Overall, it was a decent experience. The service was good, but the hotel is old and in need of some attention. There was some mold in the showers, big stains on the carpet and a smell in the room. Seems like maintenance and cleaning need some help too. Little things make a big deal and could make a travelers experience worthwhile. Overall, it was clean enough for one night, but isn't a place I would book for a romantic get away or an extended stay on Baltimore.

• Stayed: September 2013