“Terrible Decision” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #17 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
McLean, Virginia
“Terrible Decision”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

I stayed here two weeks ago and thought it was one of the worst hotels I have ever been to. They had one working elevator out of six and I had to wait three go-arounds until there was enough space to squeeze on board. The stairwell was a dump from construction and another visitor told me I was better off waiting in line. You would have thought I was waiting for the I Phone's new release....Once I made it outside, the head of valet parking told me that they could not get my car for at least 30 minutes because they had a bridal party.... I asked one of the guys to walk me to my car so I could just get the hell out of there and it took them 10 minutes to find my keys and 30 more minutes to run around the garage and find the car... While I was waiting for the poor kid to find my car another member of the valet parking team came speeding around the corner like it was the Daytona 500 and nearly hit me as he was exiting the garage. I am actually thankful that they did not bring my car to me if they were going to be driving so recklessly. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in the city because it is old, has poor customer service, and is falling apart.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank B C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

The Lord Baltimore is a grand old hotel with really good bones.. At this time she is a little tired BUT with the new renos she will be beautiful.
Lounge is truly full service. Staff is beyond helpful.Size of rooms are large.

New York, NY
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013

Stains on the walls and carpets, old tube televisions, rickety elevators, dark, dirty and depressing. They have removed the controls for the sleep number beds, so now they are just uncomfortable. I understand that there are new owners and that they are planning a renovation, but nothing has started yet. A $50 coupon off my stay for next year's trade show after they hopefully renovate, hardly makes up for the miserable stay now. With all of the wonderful hotels in Baltimore, you would be out of your mind to stay here. I do not understand the comments that say it is under renovation, because absolutely nothing has started yet. The doormen told me that the new owners don't want to start renovation when they are still filling the hotel with the convention center business.

Room Tip: The internet only works -- barely -- if your room is in the center of the hotel. Most of the rooms...
6 Thank NYTrip46
Blaine, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

The hotel is centrally located. The Staff is amazing. The lobby is very nice. The hotel is clean. While the hotel have begun renovations, unfortunately the rooms still haven't been touched and it shows. My bed was VERY uncomfortable and had a 'dip' in the middle which was the only place you could sleep on the mattress- I was on my own so it was a huge issue BUT not sure what I would have done if I had been with my wife.

The TV's are OLD- My remote didn't work at all so I had to turn the TV on and off and change channels the old fashioned way.

The Bathroom was clean and functional.

Overall I would love to stay here again BUT only once the rooms have been remodeled and they have new beds etc...... Until then I will seek out other options.

1 Thank MTCB
Lancaster, Pennsylvania, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel Sept 21st for 1 night to celebrate our 6th anniversary 9/22. We were looking for something close to inner harbor so we could park our car and walk. The location was GREAT!!! About 4 blocks from the harbor. For the price of the hotel I think we got a steal...The hotel was very nice, we were greeted by the bellman with his umbrella to walk me to the front of the hotel so we could check in then my husband went to park the car. We didn't use the valet service since we were parking our car for our trip no need to pay the extra $$. The lobby was very beautiful and even though they were doing renovations we couldn't tell. Check in took a little bit, but we were arriving when a college game left out so a lot of people were checking in at the same time. I would say the worse part of the hotel were the elevators. Even though they had several of them they were very slow. We were never in a rush so it didn't bother us, but if we were staying for more then 1 night I'm sure it would have gotten annoying. As far as the rooms, they were okay, nothing to write home about. It was perfect for what we needed. If we were looking to stay in downtown again I wouldn't mind staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
The Woodlands, Texas, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

very old, ugly, broken beds, no wifi (not working), very very dirt carpet, room 1514, and 1611, front desk dont want to help. elevator are in very bad condition, and is very depressing that you arrive to a hotel that claim to be good and is terrible.

Beds feel like was filled with sand. well the first one was broken.

Room Tip: no tips, get a different hotel
5 Thank Ricardo E