“Lovely and Historic Hotel”

Ranked #18 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed 28 October 2013

By sheer luck, we found a fabulous place to stay in Baltimore called the Lord Baltimore Hotel. Built in 1928, the hotel is undergoing a major facelift. The bones of the hotel are historic and regal and we’re certain that the new private hotel group that has acquired it will bring it back to its original beauty and elegance. Our room was large and very comfortable; tremendous value for the renovation discount price that we paid.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Linda M
LBH1928, Manager at Lord Baltimore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. We really appreciate your feedback.

Yes, our renovations have begun. In early November, we will begin renovation of our guest rooms. I love your observation “The bones of the hotel are historic and regal…” The Lord Baltimore will be The Hotel! of Baltimore and will definitely be the most talk about hotel in the area especially with it's history that is known in the city.

Thanks again for choosing The Lord Baltimore Hotel. I know you have many choices and do appreciate your business. We love to have you stay with us again and see our progress.

There are newer reviews for Lord Baltimore Hotel

Reviewed 24 October 2013

We arrived at 8 o'clock in the morning following an overnight flight and hoped we could dump our bags. We were amazed when they told us we could book in then. The room was clean and tidy and had everything we needed. The staff were very helpful and gave us advice about getting around the City. They was some improvements going on while we were there but this didn't affect us. The lift had a mind of it's own which was amusing. The. Hotel is a bit tired and more improvements are required but it looks like they are doing it. Will be a great hotel when finished. Hope I can still afford it then.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank bryan61

Dear guest,

On behalf of our staff, thank you for your feedback on Trip Adivisor. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Our Historic Lord Baltimore Hotel has begun the 2013-2014 renovation and restoration, on all guest rooms and public spaces and we are excited to share this with all of our guests.

I hope you get an opportunity to stay with us again on your next visit to Baltimore and see our renovated hotel!

410-625-1060

Reviewed 24 October 2013

The staff was fantastic, but the rooms are dated there I also a 100 extra deposit cash or charge for the room. Just so you won't damage it. They are renovating the lobby but they should be renovating the rooms. I had to switch from the first one because the bed was broken, and instead of complaining about the second room I simply just took it! I would stay if they updated but a bit too pricey for what it is now! Forgive my pictures you may see some personal items, I'm sorry about that.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Mackenzie B

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback on TripAdvisor.

I am happy to hear you were satisfied with the service from our staff. We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. Consequently, it's disappointing to learn that you're unhappy about the condition of your room.

Please accept my sincere apology.

In regards to parking, in all urban downtown areas is available for a fee. Most urban locations do not have parking lots and hotels have to rent the lots from parking garages, and that fee is simply passed on to our guests. Of course, all guests have the option of valet parking or self parking, which ever option is best for their budget.

I also want to mention that our 2013-2014 renovation and restoration of all guest rooms and public spaces has begun. Along with our new mangement team we are excited to share the news with all of our guests. We will complete about 50% of our guest rooms by the end of January 2014.

We are looking forward on having you stay with us again and see our newly renovated rooms. The bones of the hotel are historic and regal and we’re certain that the restoration will bring it back to its original beauty and elegance. If I can be of any assistance don't hesitate to contact me at 410-539-8400.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

We have stayed here twice -- because our favorite hotels were booked. Most recently stayed here two weekends ago when all the hotels in town (and I mean ALL) were booked because of the Marathon. It was as bad as I remembered. And for the price -- I paid $165 plus tax -- it shouldn't be a DUMP!!! Nothing good to say. Room and bathroom outdates, small, paint peeling, dusty, dirt in the bathroom, clothing still in closet (presumably from the last guest).

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Andrews_Mommy

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review on TripAdvisor. I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your room during your recent visit. I'm writing to thank you for taking the time
to bring this matter to my attention.

I do apologize for the inconveniences, and hope that you do return to the Lord Baltimore Hotel as the hotel is going through a remarkable transformation right now. I know you'll love the hotel next time you visit we ask you to give us the opportunity to assist you again.

Thank you for the opportunity to serve you and your guests. We do appreciate the feedback.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

By any means was this the worst hotel I've stayed in, but I am certainly not planning another stay. I had an unexpected trip to Baltimore, and The Lord Baltimore had a great groupon voucher. Checking in went rather smoothly, although before entering our room we were greeted by a group of Fraternity brothers, who lucky us, were staying on our floor. The room was out of date, and BEYOND under kept. There were brown water marks all over the walls, the blinds were broken and missing shades, the TV (which was a minimum of 15 years old) displayed 3 channels, the shower drain was backed up, and the walls were rattling from the obvious hotel party the frat boys were throwing. With the little sleep I had gotten, I checked out the following morning only to wait 30 minutes for my car as the Valet drivers caught up with each other about their previous night out. Definitely not worth the savings from groupon.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank A C
Reviewed 18 October 2013

We recently stayed here for 1 night. Loved the service we go from the valet service guys. They got us a great taxi driver (Kevin and his wife) to use for the day. The hotel room itself was older and needs updated. Appeared to me some mold issues on the ceiling in the bathroom (no fan in there). Also, they have sleep number beds, but no longer have working controllers for them. Bed was rock hard and I could not sleep.

We got drinks at the bar. I don't think the bartender really knew what he was doing as the drinks were the worst I have ever had (we had a whiskey sour and a long island ice tea).

We had an issue with Expedia on our reservation. This reservation was changed from June to October. The hotel had our reservation, but we received a call from Expedia asking about our reservation (they said they didn't show one). The hotel realized it was a problem between them and Expedia and had no problem giving us our room.

I personally would not recommend this place.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 October 2013

This hotel was far from the worst I've ever stayed in, but also not the best hotel I've ever stayed in. Checking in and out was a breeze; customer service was friendly and courteous, as was the concierge. They are in the middle of revamping the hotel, so I think it will end up being as charming as it used to be. The beds were hard. I mean, HARD. After checking for creepy crawlies (there were none!), I flopped down on the bed, and it practically knocked the wind out of me. It was like I had just flopped onto the floor. I did not sleep well my entire stay.

I had a corner room, so the views were nice, but the windows were dirty both inside and out, so I wasn't able to enjoy them. The noise level from the street is understandable. It is downtown in a major city, after all. The noise level in the hallway at 2am from the partiers coming in was not understandable, or appreciated. You can hear every little noise coming from the hallway. My coworker had someone knocking on his door at midnight one night, claiming to be maintenance. He obviously didn't let them in, and when he let the front desk know, they knew nothing about a maintenance call that night.

The room is small, but cozy. My shower had one temperature- much too hot. The first time I tried to brave the heat, I came out looking like I had a sunburn. I guess I would rather it be too hot than not hot at all.

The elevators are slow, but the hotel is huge. Have a little patience, and give yourself plenty of time to allow for the wait.

I was traveling on business, so I wasn't expecting too much. Had I been traveling for pleasure, I would have been a little disappointed.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business