“Something Is Still Charming About Charm City”

Lord Baltimore Hotel
Ranked #17 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
“Something Is Still Charming About Charm City”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

As a frequent visitor to the Baltimore area, I have seen all that the city has to offer (in a very good way for the most part). People tend to write review for the wrong reason and fill their haphazard reviews with stories of disappointment, but I would like everyone to know, if that is what you are looking for then please stop reading now. I recently had the pleasure of staying at the newly owned Lord Baltimore Hotel; and let me tell you, I will no longer see a need to find another place to go. The beds were clean, the details were perfected, and I had a wonderful experience in what I think was named the "LB" tavern. Call me old school but it was incredible to see a staff of people who seemed to love what they do. There was one person in particular that stood out, not quite sure of her name but she was the perfect antidote to a long day. She was absolutely the best. A slight accent (I think NY/NJ) and the most outgoing attitude I have dealt with in a long time. She made it seem that I not only had the most exemplary service in my many years, but I was also instantly her friend. My wife was as charmed as I was. I cannot wait to go back, and plead with management to find a way to keep who you have around, because you're doing it RIGHT!

Room Tip: Make your plans early. This is going to be the "Go To"
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank LJ B
LBH1928, Guest Relations Manager at Lord Baltimore Hotel, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are very pleased to hear that you and your wife had a pleasant experience following your most recent visit with us. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed and appreciate the changes we've had recently. Please advise us of your trip and we will be more than happy to ensure you receive the highest level of service.
Your comments will be shared with our staff, thank you.
It was a pleasure to serve you, we hope to see you soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Last Thursday night, just a week ago, over 300 of us descended on the Lord Baltimore Hotel at about 3am, with little notice. Our chartered Pilgrimage flight to Lourdes France could not take off rom BWI due to a faulty tailwind part.

We had wanted to be all together, There was nowhere else big enough to accompdate this size a group. And, at that hour it was a miracle (at least a small "m", if not a LARGE one) that we did not spend the night on floor and chairs in the airport (or worse yet give up).

The hotel management did it all, Called their staff in, gave us water, and beds to sleep in, breakfast in the morning, and wished us well when we left refreshed later that same day, at about 11am or so.

Shame on me i only remember one person. Keith by name. But everyone, starting with Keith, was super nice, especially as we had many very sick and disabled pilgrims with us!

We have some pictures of your lobby full of pilgrims.if you want them. Just email me at scheuren@aol.com.

God bless all, Fritz

PS And that was the turning point! We are just back and everything went well

1 Thank Fritz947
LBH1928, Guest Relations Manager at Lord Baltimore Hotel, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear Fritz, We appreciate you giving your feedback about your experience.
It is so nice to hear such a wonderful review about our Hotel. We are so happy to be of help and it's a pleasure to serve you all. I will share your review to all of our staffs especially to Keith. Please advise us of your trip and we will be more than happy to ensure you receive the highest level of service. Thank you for your business, we look forward to your next stay.
McLean, Virginia
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I had previously stayed here about a year ago, staff was friendly, nice bar and a very cozy room for me and my girlfriend but with the downside that there was some outdated amenities. Either way, I decided to come back to and book a room for the UFC event held a few weeks ago with me and my friends. To my surprise the hotel looked like a 180 degree change. The lobby is amazing, the french dinning room is grandiose and they sure have some amazing food. Now, I am a beer and cheeseburger kind of guy but those scallops that they served, hit the spot. We met the manager, Abraham Ezquivel, very friendly, attentive and made us feel like we've known him for a very long time. The elevators had signs that they were getting renovated, and even though I don't mind a classic look, I imagine that seeing how classy this place is, they won't disappoint.

Overall, another awesome experience, great rooms, friendly staff and giving my thumbs up.

2 Thank Ariel R
It is so nice to hear such a wonderful review about our Hotel. We appreciate that you came back to our Hotel. It's so great to hear that you loved the new look of our hotel. Yes, the elevators are currently being updated. I appreciate that you have yet another awesome experience once again, great rooms, friendly staff and above all that, thanks for giving us a thumbs up. Your comments will be shared with our staff, thank you. It was a pleasure to serve you, we hope to see you soon!
Oak Park, Michigan
Reviewed 3 May 2014

First stepping into the Lord Baltimore you will be approached by a number of gentleman ready to help. All of the people working here are very professional, and if they can't answer a question right away they'll find someone who can. Not that I even really needed to since they were all on the ball before I needed to ask for help. The atmosphere and overall quality of this place is a real nice change of pace after staying in a bunch of bland grungy 'Generic'-Inns, Embassy's, or Hyatts. Speaking of generic hotels, the food here is anything but! You get a nice open room with plenty of light, nice tables and fresh cooked meals! Much better than most hotels stuffing all the drowsy grumpy patrons all in some dark corner with a pile of powdered eggs and packaged muffins. I suggest this place to anyone who wants to be treated with class down in Baltimore, but far off enough from the main streets that you're not going to get ran over by a cabby.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Bide000
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We appreciate you giving your feedback about your experience. Thanks for the 5 star feedback, it just shows how we really achieve our goal to provide the best lodging experience to our valued guests. Your comments will be shared with our staff. We hope that you will be more satisfied on your next stay should you decide to stay with us again in the future.
We look forward to serving you again.
McLean, Virginia
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I stayed in this hotel after watching the UFC fight in Baltimore. To my surprise, it's one of the most up class hotels I've ever stayed in. Very nice bar area with plenty of seats and tv's to watch games, great and spacious french restaurant, and the room was big enough to fit three big dudes. Staff was more than friendly during check-in. Check-in was very fast as well. Also got a chance to talk with the Hotel's manager Abraham Ezquivel (I think that's how you spell his name) and he gave us a brief history of the hotel and explained all other amenities provided by the hotel. The manager was very cordial and in my opinion it felt like he really wanted us to have the best experience during our stay by making himself available if we needed anything. Overall it was a great experience. Great hotel in a great location. You can always find something to do in Baltimore including walking around the inner harbor, going to the aquarium, going to the power plant, plenty of restaurants near by, etc. Would definitely stay in this hotel again if given the chance.

4 Thank Mario R
Thank you for finding the time to share about your stay. It is so nice to hear such a wonderful review about our Hotel. It is our goal to provide the best lodging experience to our valued guests. We know you have a choice when you travel and appreciate you choosing our hotel. I am glad to hear that Abraham was there to offer you excellent service as well. I will for sure share your feedback to our staffs especially to Abraham. Thank you for the opportunity to grow more, we certainly hope to be of service to you again very soon. We look forward to your next visit.
Reviewed 3 May 2014

We stayed here for a night while we were in town and were not disappointed. Very short walk to the Grand Historic Venue (like barely 2 blocks) and also a reasonable walk (or quick cab ride/drive) to all the stadiums, centers and the inner harbor.

This hotel is very beautiful and they have done a good job with the restoration. The room we had was just renovated, with nice décor and a comfortable bed. It was nice that our room come with complimentary wi-fi and "reduced rate" parking at a nearby garage (213 W. Fayette St). BTW - The Lord Baltimore does not have a garage, so plan accordingly if you are driving. Extremely friendly and helpful staff - The next time we visit Baltimore, this place will be on our list.

Room Tip: Parking garage - Does not allow trucks and vans, so plan accordingly if you are driving.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank RazrBlzr
We are very pleased to hear that you had a pleasant experience following your most recent visit with us. We are very happy to hear that you appreciate the outcome of the restoration made on our Hotel. It's nice that you enjoyed the wi-fi and you have got a very comfortable bed. We hope that you will be more satisfied on your next stay should you decide to stay with us again in the future.
We look forward to serving you again.
oc
Reviewed 30 April 2014

My husband is getting treatment at nearby hospital. The whole staff goes out if their way to make our experience a good one when we stay here. It make a world of difference! The rooms are all updated the bed super comfortable. It is a great place to stay. We come back every 3 weeks and stay here.

• Stayed April 2014
4 Thank tomumd
Thank you for sharing the details about your recent visit. We all wish your husband fast recovery. You are always welcome here at our hotel. It is a pleasure to serve you and your husband. Please advise us of your trip and we will be more than happy to ensure you receive the highest level of service. Thank you for your business, we look forward to your next stay.