“Review of my stay at Lord Baltimore Hotel”

Lord Baltimore Hotel
Ranked #16 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Dayton, Ohio
“Review of my stay at Lord Baltimore Hotel”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

They are currently in the middle of remodeling and their staff was extreamly helpful and eager to help. Their location is very close to the Baltimore Convention Center therefore extreamly convient. The bakery shope is excellent and so was the buffet for breakfast at the restaurant.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
LBH1928, Guest Relations Manager at Lord Baltimore Hotel, responded to this review, 18 May 2014
Dear RDaniels76,

We are happy that our staffs made you feel comfortable and relaxed even though there have been renovations going on. Our convenient location is always appreciated by our guests and glad that you also liked its proximity to Baltimore Convention Center. It is good to know that our breakfast served were your liking and matched your needs. More improvements will be made to give you more delightful experiences in the future. Thank you for your business, we look forward to your next stay.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Woodstock, VA
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I had an early morning appointment (7 a.m.) at Johns Hopkins on May 14th so we decided to spend the night before in Baltimore close to the hospital since we live about 2 1/2 hours away. I booked The Lord Baltimore on Priceline and am so glad I did. The hotel was very convenient, only about six blocks to the Inner Harbor and a mile and half from the hospital. We arrived right at check-in time and had a tremendous young man named Derrick help us. We asked about restaurants and directions to the Inner Harbor. He took time to open a map, show us the walking route and recommend some restaurants. He suggested we take the water taxi and ride around the harbor which is how we spent several pleasant hours with a stop at Fells Point to visit shops and eat at the Green Turtle.

The hotel has a few quirks. The elevators are ancient and had a sign that they are are going to be replaced. I got on one with a non-working 3rd floor button (our floor). So I rode up to the 4th and took another elevator back to the 3rd. It was actually kind of amusing. We also checked out the lovely, elegant banquet hall and stopped on the balconies overlooking the beautiful lobby with its huge crystal chandeliers. The room was bright, comfortable, clean, quiet, and DARK with the curtains closed which is a big plus for sleeping. I like a cool room and the individual thermostat let us set it to our comfort level. Every staff member we spoke to was friendly and helpful, but I especially give two thumbs up to Derrick. His customer relations are first rate! Thanks to The Lord Baltimore for a great stay. We plan to make it our home away from home for our regular visits to Johns Hopkins!

1 Thank dadsmolly
Dear dadsmolly,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are glad that our staff made your stay exceptional and gave you a lodging experience that you deserve. It is good to know that you liked the rooms, which gave you a comfortable sleep. We will surely share your kind words with Derrick, for a job well done. We will be certainly looking forward to your future visits and rest assured that we will do our best to provide you the same pleasant stay that you enjoyed. We value your business, we look forward to your next stay.
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed 15 May 2014

When I walked in I loved this hotel. And as I headed for the elevators and saw the bar I thought "I'm definitely going to have a drink there".
The biggest problem...there are five elevators in the lobby, and two were out of service. Of the other three, I think I maybe rode on two of them, but mostly it was the same ONE elevator that seemed to be doing all of the work. Unfortunately the elevator situation only got worse as the hotel filled up. It took forever to get one. And you couldn't use the stairs because the stairway doors were only unlocked in the event of a fire. I wasn't too keen on walking to the 8th floor every time I came in anyway, but it should have been an option with the elevator situation the way it was. Luckily as they got more crowded they finally realized they needed to make the stairs available. I had to run up to the 8th floor one day as I needed to change before we went to an Orioles game on Sat night and there were literally 40 people waiting for the elevator. My friend waited in the lobby, thinking I was nuts to climb to the 8th, but we were in a hurry.
The renovations are decent. I really like the new dark grey look, looks modern and sleek to me, but I have to admit, when you get up close it wasn't quite so nice. Still okay, but not great. And the renovation in our bathroom definitely wasn't complete. The shower tiles looked like my grandmother's house. It was actually comical how mismatched the bathroom was. But I figured I could pull the shower curtain most of the time so it wasn't that big of a deal.
It was also pretty well located. We would have liked to be closer to the Inner Harbor, but of course those hotels were more expensive. For the price, I was happy with the location. And everything is actually a lot closer together than it looks on the map. I was afraid we'd have to take a cab over to Little Italy, but it was totally within walking distance.
I would recommend the hotel, I really liked it. But with one caveat - I would honestly call to check on the elevator situation in advance. It was enough of a pain that I wouldn't stay if they weren't all in working order.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Tooannoyingtochoose,

Thank you for taking the time to write us an insightful review. The details of your comment will help us improve our service delivery. We apologize for the inconvenience regarding the elevators. These elevators are already being handled for maintenance and repairs and hopefully will be working again soon. We thank you for your understanding and patience. We will consider your comments regarding using the staircase to ease out the issue with the elevators. This will be assessed as we want to ensure your security as well. Your input regarding renovations and improvements will be noted and these will be discussed with our management team and hope that changes will create a more comfortable and homey atmosphere for you on your next stay. It has been a pleasure serving you. We look forward to your next visit.
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I just want to tell everyone what a wonderful bar experience I just had at the 'Lobby Bar' in the newly renovated Lord Baltimore Hotel!

This place is so unlike Baltimore -- much more international and fast-paced. I felt like I was in in Switzerland. And after literally getting off the plane from the Middle East, it was such a welcome place to relax. My bartender, Tina, was so classy with just the right amount of sass mixed with the perfect efficiency only possessed by the rare elite in any occupation! That she looked like a beautiful model, with her long black hair pulled back in a ponytail was just an added bonus, and certainly added to the over all impression of the hotel, which is very classy...

What to drink? Well Tina suggested that I have a cucumber cooler. Never had one before, but this I can say, I will never drink a regular gin & tonic again!!! Then I put her to the real test -- can you make a dry negroni straight up? Yup, she did while transporting me back to great memories of my last trip to Tuscany!!!

I suggest to anyone looking to eschew the Four Season's experience and really live it up in Baltimore should go to the Lord Baltimore and head right to the bar!

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank WmBillBond
LBH1928, Guest Relations Manager at Lord Baltimore Hotel, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
It is so nice to hear such a wonderful review about our Hotel. Thank you for sharing the details about your recent visit. We are very pleased to hear that you had a pleasant experience following your most recent visit with us. Thanks to Tina - one of our bartender! I will share your review with her and to the rest of the staffs as well. Please do consider us again on your next trip. Please advise us of your trip and we will be more than happy to ensure you receive the highest level of service. Thank you for your business.
Pacific Palisades, CA
Reviewed 13 May 2014

The Lord Baltimore Hotel has gone through a major modernization program and the results are wonderful. The lobby is beautiful and the rooms are tastefully done yet practical (read desk, wifi, nice TV, and coffee in the room). And from the moment I walked in the door to check in, everyone has been friendly and professional. The location is great. The pastries in their bakery are great. And the prices are good too. If I come to Baltimore again, this is where I'll stay.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing the details about your recent visit. We appreciate that you took time bringing to our attention your experience and comments regarding your stay in our hotel. Our major renovations aim to provide more comfort and convenience to our guests and we are very happy to know that we’ve achieved that during your stay. The details that you’ve mentioned were carefully taken care of to ensure that each guest will be satisfied from the time they checked into our property till moment they checked out. Your feedback is another encouragement to our staff and team. We hope that you will be more satisfied on your next stay should you decide to visit us again in the future.
Dunboyne, Ireland
Reviewed 12 May 2014

The hotel has apparently changed hands recently and has been renovated.

The interior designer must be insane, the rooms are gloomy and dreary. The bar is dark and unwelcoming, the corridors are dark also. Everything is a dark grey, and has a cold and clinical feel to it. There is a beautiful reception lobby, with a fantastic mezzanine and ceiling, again the décor does not do it justice at all. The entrance is a fantastic old fashioned brass double fronted entrance with revolving doors, it is not highlighted properly. Very poorly decorated.

The hotel is clean, the staff friendly and helpful. Bar staff nice and friendly, food ok. My hotel room window was filthy though.

It is located close to the inner harbour, and very close to the Convention Centre.

The elevators need work urgently, when I was there I saw people stuck in them more than once, and the staff struggled to get them out. There is a sign in the elevator saying that they are in the process of updating them, but the sign looks like it has been there for quite some time. The elevators were old, but also the carpet was dirty, and the elevator doors also has splashes of something that did not look good. It was like this for the entire week of my visit, so this area needs attention.

It is a city hotel, so traffic noise was an issue at times.

Room Tip: Stay on the lower floors until they have fixed the elevators.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for finding the time to share about your stay. Your feedback is indeed of great importance to us. We are committed to delivering the the highest level of service to our guests, your feedback will help us correct and improve our services to better achieve our primary goal. We really cannot please every body, I do respect your comment about our recent renovation. We sincerely appreciate your time and effort to write us a very insightful review.
Thank you very much for your business.
Reviewed 12 May 2014

A block of rooms at this hotel was booked for a business trip. We heard that the hotel had just been renovated and was a cool place to stay. In fact, it still seemed to need more work- especially the terrifying elevators which seems about to break down at any moment. My friend actually was going down in one elevator when it started shaking up and down, and then started bringing her up two floors instead of down. There were other small issues, such as the tiles in the bathroom looking either dirty or grouted improperly, and the shower seemed to leak a bit. I think they need to do still more fixing up before I would go back there.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We wish to let you know that your voice is of utmost importance to us. We are constantly looking for ways to enhance the positive experiences of our guests and your valuable feedback will assist us to correct our deficiencies. Your review is important to us as it helps us to identify problems and take corrective measures. We hope that you will be more satisfied on your next stay should you decide to stay with us again in the future.
We look forward to serving you again.