“Renovated historic hotel with friendly service”

Lord Baltimore Hotel
Ranked #16 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed 21 May 2014

The staff gets a 5+ for friendliness and courteous. Our favorite person was Anthony at the front desk. He was helpful and jovial. We were here for a wedding and the food and service at the reception was excellent. The newly refurbished Art Deco front lobby interior was very beautiful- especially the ceiling. Elevators were excruciatingly slow with creaky sounds, but no breakdowns there was a note that elevators would be upgraded soon. The room was spacious and recently completely updated. We were on the 15th floor so it much less street noise. Bed was very comfortable. We had a single Queen room so the room was spacious.The room was clean and had a safe that could accommodate our 14 inch laptop. There were plentiful electrical outlets for charging our portable devices. The bathroom could use either more overhead lighting above the mirror or a lighted makeup mirror. The in room mirror had more lighting but was hung over a cabinet that was too deep to provide close enough access to apply makeup. In room wifi at the Lord Baltimore was free. Wifi speed was fast.

Room Tip: Try for a higher floor( we were on 15) because it will have less street noise. Street noise in our...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
LBH1928, Guest Relations Manager at Lord Baltimore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Dear Berniniphile,

Our commitment to excellent service delivery is encouraged by the feedback and comments we receive from our guests. Thank you for acknowledging the efforts of our staff- especially Anthony, who made sure that you’re well accommodated and properly assisted during your stay. Our elevators will be part of our next phase of upgrades, we thank you for your patience and understanding regarding this. Our rooms were also upgraded with additional lighting details and outlets for your particular needs. We are happy that you had a comfortable sleep in our quiet rooms and enjoyed the fast wifi access. It was a pleasure to serve you, we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 20 May 2014

From the time you walk in the door you will experience nothing but utmost in service. It truly is a gem of a property with very rich historial detail. Don't miss out on the fabulous resturants and by all means, ask for a tour!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Denise A

Dear Denise A,

Your review lets us know that your recent stay at our property was exceptionally wonderful. Our staff service is always appreciated by most of guests and we are happy that you felt the same during your stay. It will be a pleasure to tour our guests to see the history behind our beautiful property. Thank you for your business and we look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

I recently stayed the weekend at the Lord Baltimore and enjoyed my stay thoroughly. The staff was extremely helpful and very pleasant. The lobby is one of the most beautiful I have seen. The best part was the bed. I never sleep well in hotels but I honestly had the best night's sleep I have ever had there. I think this hotel will continue to shine and be a great choice when staying in Baltimore as the renovations continue. Keep it up, Lord Baltimore.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Helen O
LBH1928, Guest Relations Manager at Lord Baltimore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Thank you for choosing Lord Baltimore Hotel. We are so delighted that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us.

You have our heartfelt thanks for commending our staff who we consider as our greatest asset for their friendliness and eagerness to help. Likewise, thank you for your comments regarding our beautiful lobby and comfortable bed.

It was a great pleasure to serve you. We hope that you will visit us again in the near future.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

My husband and I made reservations as a get-away to celebrate our wedding anniversary. I had NO idea it was Preakness weekend (YIKES!). The staff were WONDERFUL and really went the extra mile to ensure we had a good stay.

Davon was our bellman and we saw him frequently throughout our stay-- he took EXCELLENT care of us! He stayed with us while we waited to check in and was very personable. Actually, that was true of many of the staff-- I felt as though they really wanted to make sure we felt welcome and like we would be well taken care of. Also Randolph was the manager. We had a minor issue, and he did a great job handling it. We felt like family!! :)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Let us thank you for choosing Lord Baltimore Hotel. We are tremendously pleased that you had a superb experience.

You have our sincerest thanks for praising our staff who we consider as our greatest asset. We are very proud of each and everyone them and their dedication to provide excellent care to all our guests.

It was wonderful to have you with us. We hope that you will come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

They are currently in the middle of remodeling and their staff was extreamly helpful and eager to help. Their location is very close to the Baltimore Convention Center therefore extreamly convient. The bakery shope is excellent and so was the buffet for breakfast at the restaurant.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
LBH1928, Guest Relations Manager at Lord Baltimore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2014

Dear RDaniels76,

We are happy that our staffs made you feel comfortable and relaxed even though there have been renovations going on. Our convenient location is always appreciated by our guests and glad that you also liked its proximity to Baltimore Convention Center. It is good to know that our breakfast served were your liking and matched your needs. More improvements will be made to give you more delightful experiences in the future. Thank you for your business, we look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

I had an early morning appointment (7 a.m.) at Johns Hopkins on May 14th so we decided to spend the night before in Baltimore close to the hospital since we live about 2 1/2 hours away. I booked The Lord Baltimore on Priceline and am so glad I did. The hotel was very convenient, only about six blocks to the Inner Harbor and a mile and half from the hospital. We arrived right at check-in time and had a tremendous young man named Derrick help us. We asked about restaurants and directions to the Inner Harbor. He took time to open a map, show us the walking route and recommend some restaurants. He suggested we take the water taxi and ride around the harbor which is how we spent several pleasant hours with a stop at Fells Point to visit shops and eat at the Green Turtle.

The hotel has a few quirks. The elevators are ancient and had a sign that they are are going to be replaced. I got on one with a non-working 3rd floor button (our floor). So I rode up to the 4th and took another elevator back to the 3rd. It was actually kind of amusing. We also checked out the lovely, elegant banquet hall and stopped on the balconies overlooking the beautiful lobby with its huge crystal chandeliers. The room was bright, comfortable, clean, quiet, and DARK with the curtains closed which is a big plus for sleeping. I like a cool room and the individual thermostat let us set it to our comfort level. Every staff member we spoke to was friendly and helpful, but I especially give two thumbs up to Derrick. His customer relations are first rate! Thanks to The Lord Baltimore for a great stay. We plan to make it our home away from home for our regular visits to Johns Hopkins!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank dadsmolly

Dear dadsmolly,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are glad that our staff made your stay exceptional and gave you a lodging experience that you deserve. It is good to know that you liked the rooms, which gave you a comfortable sleep. We will surely share your kind words with Derrick, for a job well done. We will be certainly looking forward to your future visits and rest assured that we will do our best to provide you the same pleasant stay that you enjoyed. We value your business, we look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

When I walked in I loved this hotel. And as I headed for the elevators and saw the bar I thought "I'm definitely going to have a drink there".
The biggest problem...there are five elevators in the lobby, and two were out of service. Of the other three, I think I maybe rode on two of them, but mostly it was the same ONE elevator that seemed to be doing all of the work. Unfortunately the elevator situation only got worse as the hotel filled up. It took forever to get one. And you couldn't use the stairs because the stairway doors were only unlocked in the event of a fire. I wasn't too keen on walking to the 8th floor every time I came in anyway, but it should have been an option with the elevator situation the way it was. Luckily as they got more crowded they finally realized they needed to make the stairs available. I had to run up to the 8th floor one day as I needed to change before we went to an Orioles game on Sat night and there were literally 40 people waiting for the elevator. My friend waited in the lobby, thinking I was nuts to climb to the 8th, but we were in a hurry.
The renovations are decent. I really like the new dark grey look, looks modern and sleek to me, but I have to admit, when you get up close it wasn't quite so nice. Still okay, but not great. And the renovation in our bathroom definitely wasn't complete. The shower tiles looked like my grandmother's house. It was actually comical how mismatched the bathroom was. But I figured I could pull the shower curtain most of the time so it wasn't that big of a deal.
It was also pretty well located. We would have liked to be closer to the Inner Harbor, but of course those hotels were more expensive. For the price, I was happy with the location. And everything is actually a lot closer together than it looks on the map. I was afraid we'd have to take a cab over to Little Italy, but it was totally within walking distance.
I would recommend the hotel, I really liked it. But with one caveat - I would honestly call to check on the elevator situation in advance. It was enough of a pain that I wouldn't stay if they weren't all in working order.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Tooannoyingtochoose,

Thank you for taking the time to write us an insightful review. The details of your comment will help us improve our service delivery. We apologize for the inconvenience regarding the elevators. These elevators are already being handled for maintenance and repairs and hopefully will be working again soon. We thank you for your understanding and patience. We will consider your comments regarding using the staircase to ease out the issue with the elevators. This will be assessed as we want to ensure your security as well. Your input regarding renovations and improvements will be noted and these will be discussed with our management team and hope that changes will create a more comfortable and homey atmosphere for you on your next stay. It has been a pleasure serving you. We look forward to your next visit.