Lord Baltimore Hotel
US$189
US$182
Doubletree.com
  • Restaurant
Days Inn Baltimore Inner Harbor(Baltimore)(Great Value!)
US$243
US$214
US$133
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor(Baltimore)(Great Value!)
US$262
US$243
1,269 results
All reviewsfrench kitchenrooftop barfront deskinner harborvalet parkingan older hotelbeautiful hotelself parkcorner roomtwo blockscharm cityvalet serviceconvention centerjohns hopkinsorioles gameabrahamlb
Reviewed 3 August 2014

First, the room...we had two audits and two little girls in a double queen room. The room was big and clean. There was plenty of room for the four of us, we didn't feel crammed in, and the beds were super comfortable! The pillows were soft, the bedding felt clean and comfortable, and I liked the color scheme of the room, and the hotel in general.

The lobby was large, yet not intimidating. The people at the front desk, the valet, throughout the lobby...all professional and very friendly and helpful.

The hotel was within walking distance to the Baltimore Convention Center, which was where we were every day for the Bronycon convention. We also walked every day to the Inner Harbor, and one night we walked to Power Plant Live. No cabs needed, which was very nice.

The problem, and the reason why we wouldn't go back, is the noise. We were on the third floor, and every night I could hear the traffic, and people talking/laughing/yelling. I had such a hard time sleeping because of all the noise! And if the outside noise wasn't bad enough, every time the AC kicked in, it sounded like there was a truck idling in the corner of the room. But oddly enough, even though we had the AC set at 65, we were all sweating at night...it never got cool enough.

If they did something about the outside noise, this could be a really great hotel!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank LauraMC70
LBH1928, Manager at Lord Baltimore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

We strive to give you a great experience, and I am pleased to learn that we were able to meet
your expectations in many ways; though I regret to hear that you weren't thoroughly impressed with the location of our hotel. We appreciate that you've taken the time to share the ways that we have impressed you and
the ways that we can improve.
We are glad you enjoyed your stay, though we do wish that you had found the location to be
more convenient. We regret any inconvenience that this has caused for you.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

My wife and I moved to this hotel from one we had been using down in Fells Point after we found out that our favorite General Manager was here and, it was a great choice for us since they offered an affordable Johns Hopkins rate that gave us transportation to the hospital each day. My wife is in treatment there. We love historic hotels and while this one has a some very odd modern touches, the staff were outstanding. The only thing missing that would have made our say even better were some home-made pickles. If you want to know about that, ask the manager. I think they were labeled "Admirablly Pickled" and yes he actually made them for the guests. The lobby is huge and very comfortable. Our room big and sunny but a bit on the prison grey side for color. Not a fan of modern art but, it disappears easliy enough. Immaculate, fresh and clean guest room.

One of the best beds we have ever slept in. Love the logo sheets. Great televisions and as many free channels as we have at home. 60 I think. Abundant free high-speed internet that we just clicked on to get. I noticed elevators in some other comments here and yes, hit or miss but we were lucky to get the new ones. Seems like all of them are being replaced. When we asked we were told that another new one is due in a month or so. Small inconvenience most days unless you hit it at the same time a big (nasty) group of people come back from wherever they are all day. (More about them later).

So - food. If I can remember pickels I guess I know what something about the subject. We ate in the Bakery - FABULOUS. Have to be the best pastries in the city. I don't know of any place you can stay that makes a huge assortment of breakfast pastries and desserts every day that are this wonderful. We did met Donna the pastry chef twice, WOW. Several evening we ate in the Tavern. Great food and service but very limited seating. Tina at the bar was as sweet as the pastries. The piano player (Nick?) makes the dark setting a pleasure to sit in. A great breakfast buffet up some stairs in the French Kitchen, a huge historic room with great widows and more of those design oddities. It was challenging trying to understand the weird finger painted wall in a room that has mirrored walls and massive crystal chandeliers. Fine dining is not our style so were were hesitant but we did move up there for dinner for two nights do to a horrible experience with other hotel guests in the taven. Unexpected and a great surprise is the food was very well priced and the man in charge - (Walter?) and our French waitress (sorry, don't know her name) made each night more like a romantic get-a-way than anything else. My wife, other that being very picky has some very severe diet restrictions and both restaurants accommodated her needs without hesitation.

Now, sadly, about those guests. We got caught at the elevators when this large group came charging in like a herd of bulls and several of the men in the group actually pushed my wife out of the way so that could get on the elevator. We ran into a group of them later in the bar. Some were great. Seems they are staying for over a month training with a government group. (VBA?) The terrible part was listening to a small group loudly talk about the crips (cripples?) and crazies they are going to be working with when they get back home. One guy ordered a drink and said "charge it to the taxpayers". REALLY? My wife mentioned to the loudest one that her brother was a veteran and she was offended. He answered 'too bad" and stormed out. After that we avoided the tavern and moved to the French Kitchen. Turns out we should thank him since that was great move.

So Lord Baltimore - the front desk manager, the people who work there and every one of the staff member. Bless you Donna for feeding my wife's dessert cravings every night. No one has baked like that - in her words - since her mother.

We have a new favorite hotel and told our patient contact at Johns Hopkins how wonderful everyone and everything is. Back again in August. I did ask the desk person and fortunately the large group of government trainees will be gone.

Room Tip: Had a wonderful sunny corner room. Large. Lots of windows.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank HarleyDBaltimore
LBH1928, Manager at Lord Baltimore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

It is great to hear from you and I am so glad that you enjoyed our staff courtesy and have taken the time to recognize the hospitality and care that we aim to provide for each and every guest. I have shared your compliments with our staff namely (Donna, Tina, Nick, and Walter) and thank you for giving me the opportunity to recognize them for a job well done! We enjoy sharing these reviews with our staff and we all look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

My husband and I just celebrated our 10 year anniversary by packing up the kids things, dropping them off at the in laws and letting loose in our home town. We heard so many wonderful things about Lord Baltimore Hotel and their Tavern Bar we just had to try it out.
It is immaculate! I seriously felt like I stepped into the 1920's with this lavish décor!
The front desk was fantastic! Abraham suggested we go to Suppanos for dinner and called the owner to let them know we might come. We arrived at Suppanos and were treated like Royalty!
The LB Tavern definitely met every expectation I had. Tina was FANTASTIC!!! she immediately made us feel like we were her good friends and like I was a guest in her home! Her Sel de la Mer cocktail was THE BEST COCKTAIL EVER!!! I wrote down the recipe!
The only downfall we had was the group that they were housing. I don't know what the organization was but, they were young girls running down the hallways all night long! One night they set off the fire alarm and we were woken up to get escorted outside. Not the hotel's fault!!!Where were their parents? How do you have such a large group of young girls and no chaperones? The most appalling thing I have ever seen was the next day. Two very young girls were berating the front desk in such a nasty manner, its horrible to imagine the people that raised these two. Abraham came out and defended his team, which is fantastic! Good job Abraham!!! I wanted to scream at these two girls! I mean, the alarm was set off by your group!
They were so nasty and unpleasant that their parents should be ashamed of themselves! being a parent myself I cant even imagine my children speaking to a adult this way!
We are definitely coming back to this hotel as long as this group isn't here!!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tara M

Thank you for your compliments to our staff and high standards of cleanliness and hospitality. We do request that noisy guests quiet down in the evening hours to allow other guests to enjoy a peaceful night's sleep. We are overjoyed to hear that you had a great time with us overall and we are looking forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Stayed at this hotel for a job meeting. Service was not good food on the Buffet we paid for had no labels had to guess what it was, they ran out of sugar for coffee(mind you the Domino factory is on the Harbor) and the worst of all my job paid for our rooms and we were only to be held responsible for incidentals on our credit cards. Upon returning home we had learned that the hotel along with incidentals also put holds for the amount of the rooms on our cards which had already been direct billed to our Company. At the time of this review we are still waiting to have this corrected. Numerous emails and phone calls have been made we were either given the run around, ignored or sometimes they were just rude The operations Manager never returned calls. Our company will never use this Hotel again!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank SJ8312
LBH1928, Manager at Lord Baltimore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2014

I am so sorry for the misunderstanding and inconvenience that you experienced during your most recent stay. I do want you to know that we take guest comments very seriously and that all of the issues you've brought to our attention are being promptly addressed, including yor issue with your credit card. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention so that we can make sure no future guest experiences the same inconvenience.

Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

I stay at a lot of hotels for conventions. I would not choose this one again for a convention nor for personal stay. Biggest thing too far from Convention Center and from food. The bakery in the hotel is great!!!!! The rest of the food in the hotel is just average and around the corner B&O restaurant is horrible!!!! So take a cab for just $5 to inner harbor. Hard to believe you can get most places in the area for $5 cab fee for all in the cab (not per person) Get a water taxi if you are spending a day at the harbor sites. It is well worth the $12 per person fare for that.

At the hotel, I would say the staff is professional and courteous. The elevators for a convention or large group are not good. Rooms are large and comfortably appointed. Things appear to be clean.

Here is my best advice, the bell captain gave me a card for taxi service. "Stacie...the Chauffeur". No matter where you are in Baltimore, she will get you there and back affordably. Extremely professional and service exceptional. Wherever we were, we just called and she had a driver to us in minutes. I have never had such a professional transportation service that did better. 443-831-3841. As a note, cabs from airport are controlled by airport transportation. To return though you take your own transit. For $30 Staci had a driver take our party if 4. The shuttle would have cost more.

Thanks to Lord Baltimore for the connection to this service.

Stayed: July 2014

It is wonderful to hear from you! It is heartwarming to hear of how our efforts to impress you with our hospitality, comfort, and convenience have been successful. Your feedback will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to provide an exceptional and memorable experience for every guest.