“Great Location, Modern”

Lord Baltimore Hotel
Ranked #14 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed 2 September 2014

I really liked this hotel. Upon checkin, I asked for two queens beds instead of a king as per my reservation and without much hassel they accomodated us. The lobby is dimly lit which brings together the entire look of chic and modern of the updated hotel. They had a pianist playing music in the lobby which added to their flare.

The furnitre in the lobby and in the room was very nice. My room was a blend of grey walls, with black drappings and doors, and white ceiling, so chic and modern. The bathroom wasn't as updated however. In the middle of the night, I could hear every time my husband opened and closed the bathroom door because it would get stuck when closing it. And the light was super bright by my bed. Since it's an old building, I could hear rumbling from behind the walls. No clue what it was but it was bothersome when trying to sleep.

Despite those setbacks, I have nothing major really to complain about. The hotel was within walking distance to Camden Yards, Babe Ruth Museum, the Harbor, and countless other shops and restaurants. No need to drive or take public transportation.

I would definitely stay here again whenever I visit Baltimore.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
LBH1928, Manager at Lord Baltimore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2014

It means a lot to us that you’ve taken the time to share the many positive features of your most recent stay with us. We seek to give each guest a very comfortable and accommodating experience and we are thrilled to hear of our success in this ambition. We are also very happy that you found our location to be convenient. We hope you're looking forward to your next stay as much as we are!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,187)

Reviewed 31 August 2014

if i could give 3.5 stars, i would! not quite a 4.

we stayed one night, attending a football game (OSU-Navy) @ noon, and then an Orioles game at night, the location was great - we were able to take a nap between games :)

self-parking was pretty easy, as was check-in.

the hotel is very old (has a lot of historic charm), with this comes very slow elevators. the lobby is beautiful,

rooms were small, but recently renovated. bathrooms really clean - really liked the rooms. only thing missing was a hotel guide - not sure if room had room service? we stumbled across breakfast on our way out the door. no view - our window looked out into a large airshaft, so just other hotel windows to look at. we were in room 1424. our minibar was empty, but there were 2 bottles of complimentary water. king sized bed was comfortable & we could blast the AC (which is always fantastic after being outside on a hot summer day).

breakfast - only option was $15.95 buffet. the eggs weren't edible (I've had better at a Holiday Inn - must've been instant eggs?), sausage and bacon seemed to be OK. a bit disappointing considering the overall ambiance of the hotel. if i hadn't had breakfast, i probably would have given this hotel a solid 4.

service - was great, we forgot our toothbrushes and housekeeping sent up to us right away.

i would recommend - just steer clear of the breakfast buffet option.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view? our room (1424) looked out into an airshaft, not very picturesque.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brandi R
LBH1928, Manager at Lord Baltimore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2014

We sincerely appreciate your time and effort to write us a very insightful review. Your satisfaction and enjoyment are very important to us. We appreciate that you have taken the time to let us know how you perceived our accommodations. We hope that you were satisfied with the hospitality of our staff and the convenience of our amenities and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 29 August 2014

I stayed here last week for 4 nights and was pleased. The hotel was recently renovated and looks good. Staff was pleasant. Rooms were clean. Walking distance to Inner Harbor and very close to transit stops such as the City Charm Circulator, Light Rail, and Metro. I felt safe and would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

It's rewarding to learn that we exceeded your expectations with the accommodations, hospitality and cleanliness of our guest rooms. We are also very happy that you found our location to be convenient. On behalf of our entire staff, we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Reviewed 28 August 2014

Booked the hotel for a night in Baltimore. The hotel had clearly had a refurbishment and on the suface things look good, but staff response was very mixed, some were helpful whilst others were very cold and dismissive.. In booking the hotel it said there were roll away beds - which we didn't need initially but my daughter who was staying in the US decided to join us.. We were told at the hotel they were no longer offered and they had all been thrown away so had to book a further room. Wouldn't offer any discount from advertised prices until we showed them what on line sites were offering their rooms at and they then agreed to match it. In addition for example there was no milk in the rooms and we were given the run around by several staff at the reception, bar and restaurant, I was quoted $25 for valet parking by the desk outside but actually then billed $35. Minor points but when you compare this to the customer service we had at the other hotels we visited in new york, edison and alexandria in washington this stood out as the worst by far..

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Enjoyingthesun2
LBH1928, Manager at Lord Baltimore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2014

It is good to hear from you, though I am very sorry to learn that you did not fully enjoy the service, accommodations, and hospitality that we hold to such a high degree of importance in our hotel. I wanted to apologize for the misunderstanding and inconvenience that you experienced regarding the services offered on booking sites online versus the services we offered on our hotel. But I am glad the staffs were able to manage the misundertandings and had settled the problem very well by matching what's on site. We appreciate you giving your feedback about your recent experience in our hotel and we thank you for bringing a number of important matters to our attention. I hope you will change your mind about seeking out new accommodations in the area and that you'll give us another chance to restore your faith in our hospitality and service.

Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here 1 night. The lobby is gorgeous. The staff is wonderful. The rooms were clean and look like they we're redone recently. Most of bathroom looked like it was redone except for the bathtub and tile around tub. That was old but I'm sure they will replace eventually. That is only negative thing I could say. It is close to inner harbor close to John Hopkins. I felt safe. Although if you walk 3-4 blocks down baltimore street it's gross so just don't walk that way. Breakfast was delicious and server was so nice. We will stay again.

Stayed: August 2014
LBH1928, Guest Relations Manager at Lord Baltimore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

I am glad that you found our accommodations to be comfortable and our service to be welcoming. I am glad that you enjoyed the value and the convenient location of our hotel! We take your suggestions to heart and we use them to continuously improve upon our guest experience.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

Just spent 5 days at this awesome hotel ! This hotel has been recently redone (so i hear) with retro refits but offers all the modern conveniences of a newly built structure. I did not have dinner during my stay but breakfast was delish and reasonable. The staff was genuinely nice, polite and helpful. The bathroom was clean with almost instant hot water and great water pressure (I was on the 10th floor). I peeked in on the ballroom and I would easily choose this for a wedding reception or party venue. The bar has an elegant, sophisticated feel and look. I salute those who spent the money on the refit and those who did the work ! Straining at something critical to say and I can only think of one ... one of the elevator doors was slow to open ... lol. I will be back !

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and share your experience. It is heartwarming to hear of how our efforts to give you a great experience, filled with hospitality, comfort, and convenience have been successful. Your comments and suggestions will help us to recognize our strengths and improve upon our weaknesses. We greatly appreciate the time you've taken to rate our hotel and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 23 August 2014

I stayed here 10 days straight. I must say I was not impressed. There was problems with my fridge, no Microwave in room, and housekeeping did a subpar job. I would recommend staying somewhere else and get more for your money.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

I regret to discover that you weren't thoroughly impressed with us during your most recent stay. I deeply regret that our staff was unable to accommodate your needs and that you encountered housekeeping issues as well. I hope you'll change your mind about seeking other accommodations in the area and that you will return to enjoy our service and amenities.