1,950 results
All reviewsacross the streetgallery mallwatertable restaurantgreat locationinner harborcheesecake factoryfifth floorpratt streetindoor poolharbor view roomthe club loungeroom servicewithin walking distancecan't beat the locationcamden yardsnational aquariumper day
Reviewed 22 April 2011

Location is perfect, but expensive midweek. Not sure how anyone could
complain about the rooms (ours with 2 queen beds). Traveling with teens, if
one of the hotels just a few blocks from the harborfront had free breakfast
and a pool, we would have been just as happy (but they were sold out).

Room Tip: rq harborfront at check in - another 40.00 - why?
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Doreen W
Reviewed 22 April 2011

Took a two day trip to the Inner Harbour and stayed here. Made a Priceline offer of $100.00 per night for a 4 star hotel in the Inner Harbour Area and were surprised to have it accepted considering the rooms were $229 per night booking direct with the hotel.

The only negative was we were not able to get a harbor view room without paying an additional $40 per night. We passed.

The room was clean and modern. Walls were thin as was the door. You could here people clearly as they walked and talked in the hallways. It quieted down after 9pm.

The location is perfect. A short walk to everything you could want to see or do. The Aquarium is just across Pratt Street and the Inner Harbour has many activities. Boat rides, museums and activities for the kids.

Parking is a bit pricey. $26 per day for self park and $36 per day for Valet. It was added to our room charges.

All in all it is a great place to stay that in centrally located and offers good value if you can price line it.

Internet was an additional $12.50 per day. Felt that should be included for a hotel in this price range.

• Stayed: April 2011
2  Thank Geddylou
Reviewed 20 April 2011

I'm a frequent traveler and I stay at a wide range of hotels both in the U.S. and internationally. I always like to qualify my reviews so that other potential travelers know where I'm coming from. When I travel for business I'm usually staying at high end chain hotels, that's the case with this review.

The Renaissance Harborplace is a decent hotel, the rooms are comfortable and roomy and the staff was helpful and cordial. They provided extra feather pillows upon request and the bed/inens were plush. That said, at over $300 per night I've come to expect more from a hotel. The room service food was just ok and the fare at the hotel restaurant was equally mediocre. To be honest this hotel felt like a regular Marriott that the management polished up a bit rather than a high end establishment top to bottom. I've recently stayed at St. Regis, Loews, and Four Seasons at a similar price point and had a much better impression all around.

One thing I neeed to mention is that there is only one elevator bank for the hotel and the place is huge. I was on the opposite corner of the hotel from the elevators (room 9068) and it literally took me over three minutes just to walk to my room. If you end up staying here I would recommend asking for a room closer to the elevators.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the elevator bank!
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank mmrbluewater
Reviewed 18 April 2011

I stayed at the Renaissance Harborplace because we had a conference there. I had a great room with a harbor view. The room was spacious, clean and the bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was fine, for a hotel bathroom. The maid service was prompt and they kept the room, towels etc tidy for me! My only little complaint is that you have to pay $12 a day for internet service. It's not a huge amount of money, of course, but I just feel like in this day and age, internet should be given gratis...
I used the workout facilities every morning and the equipment is nice with a good view of the harbor. They also have places to plug in your headphones so you can watch what you like on your own private tv. A nice little perk.
Downstairs is a mall which is really nice to have access to especially considering I didn't have a rental car and it was nice to do a little shopping on my own. There is also some shopping across the street- Urban Outfitters is the major store there.
All in all, a nice clean hotel with a nice bar in it as well. Starbucks downstairs is good too!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank namastenatalie
Reviewed 17 April 2011

I was in Baltimore for a medical appointment and chose the Renaissance for its proximity to my physician's office. The staff was very nice, parking was convenient and the room was clean and comfortable. My room was on the front of the hotel. The view was wonderful. My only complaint was the noise level from the street. It seemed that someone was doing some type of work outside, possibly one of the merchant's from an inner Harbor shop. After the work was finished, all was quiet and nice. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business