1,961 results
All reviews across the street gallery mall watertable restaurant great location inner harbor cheesecake factory fifth floor pratt street indoor pool harbor view room within walking distance the club lounge room service can't beat the location camden yards national aquarium per day
Reviewed 24 May 2011

We stayed here May 13 - 16, 2011. We bid $100/night on Priceline for a 4star hotel in Baltimore's Inner Harbor and "won" a room at the Renaissance Harborplace. We didn't realize it until we got to our room that we had been upgraded to a corner suite ($350/night when booked through the hotel online). Score! TIP: It pays to be super nice and friendly when you check in. I don't care how long you've waited in line or what kind of day you've had. When you check in be friendly, use the hotel employees names when talking to them (that's why they all wear nametags!) and if at all possible be amusing. We've received numerous upgrades just be being funny and friendly to the staff when we arrive.

Being a corner unit the windows spanned two entire sides of the room which was very nice. The view was of the city not the harbor, but considering what we paid, no complaints. It was quite spacious with a separate sitting area (wall mounted flat panel TV ,couch, 2 chairs, large leather ottoman and two end tables) and wet bar/kitchenette (microwave, coffemaker, sink and fridge). The sleeping area was large (king size bed, desk and chair) with another television and another refrigerator in the dresser unit. The bathroom was large and the shower had good pressure. The unit was clean throughout. It was a great room and I think we would have been please with a regular king room as well.

Other Positives: the location is the best available (fantastically convenient to everything in the inner habor.) spacious clean rooms, room service food is good and sometimes great (try the jumbo lump crab omlette!) and food arrives when they say it will. Decor is modern and pleasing to the eye.

Negatives: Our suite was very very far from the only set of elevators. If mobility is a concern specify a room close to the elevators. The lobby bar not open as much as the hotel literature said it would be. We had a drink there on Friday, but were not able to on other days when we posted hours stated the bar would be open. (We did not venture to the bar in the restaurant which was probably open at those times).

Also the hotel conducted a test of the fire alarms at 8:30 am on Monday. Guests were given no notice and most of us evacuated using the stairs when the announcements told us to. When we reached the outside and made our way to the front of the hotel a security apologized, to us it was a drill and said we could return to our rooms. Kind of irritating. I'm glad it wasn't raining. If you are there and the fire alarms go off at 8:30 in the morning, you might want to try calling the front desk before you hike down 10 flights. :)

Overall a very positive experience. We would consider staying there even if we can't ge a Priceline discount in the future.

Room Tip: Some rooms are very far from elevators. Ask.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CynthaDelTorro
Reviewed 23 May 2011

My husband and I recently stayed at this hotel for business. Since both of us are in the computer software industry, and are tech geeks by trade, we tend to travel with several mobile devices i.e. laptops, netbook, tablet, smartphones, ereader. Upon booking this hotel we were aware we would have to pay a daily internet charge of $12.95. Much to our disappointment that charge was per device, per connection type. That meant if we used the internet on my laptop by firstly connecting to the ethernet cable at the desk we were charged the $12.95. However if I decided to work away from the desk and attempt to connect via wireless, from the same laptop, I would again be charged another $12.95. Or when I finished using the internet and my husband tried to connect to the internet using his laptop or another device (other than my laptop) we would have again been charged even though we were not using the internet at the same time. Knowing how this technology works, and being aware that we are living in the year 2011 where even cheap hotels can offer free internet, both my husband and I found this policy ridiculous. When my husband called the night time front desk representative to clarify our understanding of the policy, the hotel employee was not only unapologetic but rude with my husband. We called the customer service of the parent company, Marriott, and the representative was very polite and tried to help us by clarifying the policy with our hotel's front desk. She must have reached the same hotel employee because the customer service rep called us back to inform us that the employee had hung up on her after telling her that that was the policy.
Overall, I could say that the hotel room was nice and comfy (albeit not as quiet) as many other guests on this site have mentioned, and that it is conveniently located to many attractions, shopping, and restaurants, However, given our trip was for business purposes and we found ourselves inconvenienced by outdated internet policies and unprofessional customer service, our stay was definitely not worth the high price tag of this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank drkraven7
Reviewed 18 May 2011

Outstanding location, great beds, incredible views of water, food was very good... Loves the Starbucks in lobby and great buffet brunch

• Stayed: January 2011
Reviewed 15 May 2011

My husband and I spent one night here on Mother's Day May 8'th. We had one of the nicest and biggest hotel rooms I have ever stayed in. We chose this hotel because of the location next to the Harbor and also because we had a free night voucher due to the fact that we are Marriott rewards customers. We were leaving the next day for Miami from BWI. Our room was on the 10'th floor, corner room with an awesome view of the harbor. I must say when we went on to Miami to stay at the Ritz Carlton on Key Biscayne, I was rather disappointed in that room compared to the Renaissance. I would highly recommend this hotel. The bed was super comfy!! I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor and a room with a view!
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 May 2011

I've stayed at the Renaissance Harborplace Hotel numerous times for business and it's definitely the nicest hotel on the Harbor i've stayed at.

The rooms are generally spacious, the suites have kitchenettes in them and the Club Lounge has a great breakfast and happy hour.

Some of the rooms have great views of the Harbor so ask for one - otherwise, you could get stuck looking into a parking garage.

Overall, this is definitely a good option in Baltimore. It has a great location right on the harbor, the staff is really nice, and the rooms are as clean as can be.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business