“Four star but Room for Improvement” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace Hotel

Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace Hotel
Ranked #26 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Boston, ma
“Four star but Room for Improvement”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

I stayed at the Renaissance Baltimore in early November. The location gets five stars. Right smack in the middle of the harborplace/waterfront and very convenient to public transportation and the attractions. The lobby of the hotel is attractive and the staff is friendly and helpful. It is connected to an upscale mall so that could be a plus for some and for those who don't care makes no difference.
The rooms are a decent size and clean. We were upgraded to a harbor view which was really wonderful and I would say worth spending extra on. The beds are comfortable and the TV has a good variety of channels. So far, so good. Hallway conversations and noise can be heard quite clearly from inside the room. Luckily the weekend I was here there was not too much going on. There was boisterous family a few doors down from us and I knew when their kids were going out and coming back in. The room decor could use an upgrade. It was a little worn and outdated. The bathroom ceiling had a water spot and peeling paint the size of a grapefruit.
The gym has lots of cardio equipment and weight machines and dumb bells are crammed into a very tight space to be utilized by one person at a time. No place to stretch. There is a pool although I did not use it.
Would I stay here again? Maybe for the right price. I think that Baltimore is lacking for good hotels that are a little more luxurious (I've stayed in four different ones now and still searching) so this may be a really strong option.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (482)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

When you check in to this hotel make sure they do not give you some corner room. The hotel is overall not bad but my room was about 2 blocks from the elevator. Its bad building design. Also when I ordered food online they did not allow the delivery to come into my room which meant I had to walk that much just to get my food. The first day housekeeping did not do a great job (nothing worth complaining either) but after that they did well. I would have given the hotel a 4 but the walk and the price really kills it for me. I would say the hotel definitely not a strict no-no but if you have an option stay at some other place which matches the price point better.

Room Tip: Ask for a room next to elevator. Do not ignore this please!
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank rjncmu
Rockville, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace Hotel as a result of going to Johns Hopkins for some procedure. The hotel offered a special rate with taxi vouchers each day we stayed to get to the hospital. The staff was very solicitous and helpful. The room was very nice and the room service was good. The hotel was also able to accommodate us for an additional night when an unforseen circumstance arose. The hotel is also conveniently located accross from the Baltimore Harbor, with the Aquarium, restaurants, ships and other sights.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mike S
Manassas, Virginia, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

I've stayed here twice so far and both stays have been excellent. The hotel staff are all A+. The restaurant and view from the restaurant overlooking the harbor is amazing. The cleanliness of the hotel is top notch. No weird odors etc.. The valet service is extremely fast. You can't go wrong staying here. Worth every penny and not the most expensive int eh harbor.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Philadelphia PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

Hotel was pretty good: great location, nice enough facilities, good-sized clean rooms. The personnel really made the hotel, though: nice without being overly-familiar, pleasant without being fawning. Best of all was my interaction with John G., the Manager of Operations Rooms, who was at the desk when I came down looking for a Lightning adapter for my iPhone. He went through a box of adapters and chargers, but we couldn't find anything. He offered to lend me his personal cable; I felt guilty, but I was desperate, so I borrowed it for a day. He never asked me for my name or anything (and these cables are worth something like $30). It's these little things that mean a lot: he saved my skin, and I won't forget it.

1 Thank jamullen01
central PA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

Hotel was in a good location and the staff was friendly, polite, and helpful but other than that it was just okay, nothing special. Parking was convenient, lot was well lit and felt safe.The in-room coffee was not kept well stocked - no cups one day, no creamer or sugar on 2 other days. They did send the stuff up quickly when we called. There is a $12.95/day charge for wi-fi - always free with the rewards program when I stay at Hilton properties - Marriott Rewards needs to step up. Not a bad experience but I will probably will stay elsewhere when back in Baltimore.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

This is a great place for a large meeting or an anonymous tryst. The hotel is huge, and sometimes confusing, but the room sizes are generous and there are options for most of what you'd want in an inner city hotel. I appreciated its location and size, and no so much it's consistency (I'm a boutique hotel girl.). But I was always pleasantly relieved by the staff. From the bellmen to the engineering staff, they were each personable and kind and willing to engage on any level, which I appreciated. The gym is open 24/7 and the equipment was in great condition. They offer disposable earphones and great tart Granny Smith apples and water. The pool hours are more limited, but there's a hot tub and it all felt clean and attended. Five days here flew by.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business