“Great Location”

Ranked #22 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Prince Frederick, Maryland
“Great Location”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Location of Hotel is great! The room was nice and beds were comfortable. The room service was prompt and good food. We requested early check in in advance, I had to call several times to check on the status of the room and they were not very helpful with the request and we ended up not getting early check in at all. The elevators were an issue. The hotel was busy and we waited for ever for the elevators and when they did come, they were totally full. We ended up climbing 8 flights of stairs with two kids and luggage. Nice hotel and maybe we just caught them on a very busy weekend.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (509)
Lost River, West Virginia
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Stopped by the 5th floor lounge one evening last week and was treated to a grand experience. I usually try to find great places to dine at the bar because I often dine alone. This experience could not have been any better as the very friendly and accommodating employee Yusef catered to every need. The beverages were excellent, he made a great recommendation for dinner and provided excellent service throughout the evening. I will definitely return as I am often in Baltimore on business. Thanks for a great evening. From one hospitality professional to another, keep up the good work.

1 Thank timinlostriver
United States
Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

I'm giving this hotel three stars only because I'm comparing it to other hotels which are 4 and 5 star luxury hotels. I was very happy with my stay here, it was as I expected, and I would come back again if ever in Baltimore.

I came with two children, so the hotel's location across from the National Aquarium was perfect. Great view of the harbor and lots of restaurants across the street. I also chose it for the indoor pool, which my kids loved. Warm water, hot tub.

The lobby is very upscale. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. Just nothing luxurious about the rooms.

Overall great place to stay with kids when visiting the National Aquarium.

• Stayed March 2014
renhar, Guest Experience Coordinator at Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace Hotel, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. I am happy to hear that you were able to enjoy the pool and the many attractions and eateries literally steps away. I hope that your travels bring you and your family back soon.

Pamela Saleh
Westfield, Indiana
Reviewed 31 March 2014

This is the third time at this hotel for an event--we were assigned a room on the concierge level but opted for one with a harbor view, instead of courtyard. Our mistake. Courtyard would have been quiet, harbor view also had busy, noisy street. Other than that, exceptional hotel. Clean, quick to service, very comfortable bed. Concierge lounge has good breakfast and dessert in eve. All staff very friendly and accommodating.

Room Tip: even high harborview side will have noise from traffic on street between hotel and harbor shops
Long Island, New York
Reviewed 30 March 2014

This was my first time to Baltimore and it was a great experience at the Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace Hotel. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Our room was very nice and had a pretty good view considering we didn't have a harbor view. It is located in a great location, everything nearby. The folks at the front desk were extremely helpful. If I ever come back I will definitely stay here.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Matt T
Ames, IA
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I underestimated this hotel, and I was pleasantly surprised by it. My wife and I stayed here the weekend before Thanksgiving to attend a large conference at the Convention Center.

Our room was not ready on time, but the reception desk did try their best to accommodate us while we waited (about an hour and a half).

Our room was a king suite facing the harbor. My only complaint was that they covered up the view with a large screen TV, which could easily have been positioned a bit to the side without interfering with the view of the TV or the view of the harbor.

But you cannot argue with the view even with the large TV blocking part of it. We loved looking out our window at the activities and people in the Harbor, including a spectacular and humorous children's troupe of dancing Santa Clauses that came to entertain the crowds.

The room had a large table that could seat about 8, and was ideal for meetings or for dining. It had a great bathroom.

Best of all is location. It is aptly named: Harborplace. It also was close enough to the convention center (2-3 blocks) that we could walk leisurely to and from there. Many bus routes stop by the hotel, which can take you many other places in the city.

It is connected to a mall, where my wife, who suffers from backaches and hip pain found a great accupressure masseuse. She virtually experienced a rebirth after that session. You can also walk across a skybridge to another mall across the street at the Harbor, and there we found two great burger joints.

We ate at the Watertable, the hotel's restaurant, which had great breakfasts and spectacular views of the harbor. Dinner was also pretty good.

My only regret is that I did not see more of Baltimore. But if I come back, I would stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Specify a harborview room if you want a good look at the harbor.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Corpus Christi, Texas
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Upon arrival the desk clerk informed us that we were "upgraded" to a harbor view room. We were excited until we saw our room, #11006. The room had a great view of the harbor and was large with a BIG conference table, a sofa, and a tiny, probably Full size Murphy bed (yes a bed that you can fold up into the wall) as well as a twin roll away bed. We immediately called down to the front desk and were informed that the bed in the room was supposedly "bigger than a queen" but that we could downgrade to a queen bed in another room if we wanted. Unfortunately we stayed in the room and believe me the bed wasn't bigger than a queen and in fact wasn't even a queen. So we had 2 things against us when we tried sleeping. First the small uncomfortable bed and second the constant emergency vehicle traffic at all hours of the day and night down Pratt Street. If you aren't a deep sleeper don't even think about getting a room with a Harbor view. Even my husband who is a deep sleeper had trouble sleeping with the sirens. The staff at the hotel were great and everyone was very helpful and friendly. Upon checking out of the hotel one of the staff recommended we take the Lincoln Towncar (which was already at the hotel) to the airport for a flat rate of $35 which is about the same we paid for a taxi from BWI to the hotel. I highly recommend you do the same as the car is much nicer and the driver isn't a crazed taxi driver trying to rush to his next fare. Overall the location of the hotel is fantastic, directly across the street from the Harbor and the Aquarium and connected to a mall which does have a McDonalds on the fourth floor which opens at 8 AM.

Room Tip: Stay away from Room 11006 and from harbor view rooms unless you enjoy listening to sirens all night.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
renhar, Guest Experience Coordinator at Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace Hotel, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. I do apologize that the upgrade to one of our executive harborviews did not work well for you. While the view of the Inner Harbor, especially at night, is beautiful, a courtyard view room is away from the noise of the city. I am glad you were able to take advantage of the attached mall and the other attractions directly across from the hotel. Thank you again for all of your feedback. We hope your future travels bring you back soon.

Pamela Saleh