“very convenient .”

Ranked #26 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“very convenient .”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

i stayed for a day in a room with water view , excellent view !
there is a shopping center at the hotel , the room was clean and spacious , the only downside was there is no car rental agency, i had to go the nearby sheraton hotel which is only 10 min's walking distance.

Room Tip: higher floors facing south towards the harbor.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (487)
Lakeland, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

Stay on the 8th floor with a spectacular view of the inner harbor (8026). We didn't do much at the hotel; it's very nice and everyone was nice. It's a great location to be able to see the local sites. I took the light rail from the airport to the convention center stop for $1.60 and walked like 4 blocks to the hotel. Phillips Seafood has great food, the comedy factory is good and check out a local pub nearby called The Kats Eye pub where they have live music (black & tan).

• Stayed May 2014
Matawan, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

Stayed here 4 days ago for one night. Really nice hotel. Room was comfortable and clean. Staff was very friendly.Connected to a nice mall. Avoid breakfast on 5th floor. The eggs in the Eggs Benedict were hard boiled, the bacon was tough, and our waiter was out of it. Starbucks is close and would be better and cheaper. Also, be careful around the hotel. Several panhandlers approached us and it didn't seem safe.I work in New York City and feel safer in the subway there then around this hotel. Need more police around for sure.

Room Tip: Rooms in front of hotel have a lot of traffice noise at night. try to stay on the water side.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Renaissance Baltimore. There were five of us (family members) traveling together and we had two connecting rooms (two queen beds in each). The location is fantastic (across from the Inner Harbor and close to Camden Yards (Baseball field). Rooms are large, clean and had a nice view (we were on the 8th floor).

We had the breakfast buffet on Saturday morning at the hotel restaurant on the 5th floor($20 per person). Delicious ~ especially the cook to order omelets and waffles. Friendly staff and excellent service throughout our stay.

One negative: you have to pay for WiFi. I'm a firm believer that WiFi should be included as I hate getting "nickled and dimed" for little things when staying at a nice hotel. I realize the more upscale hotels are going to charge because they know a business person is going to pay the $12.00 for WiFi but still...

We already have plans to return to Baltimore next May for an event and will no doubt stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

Nice hotel that is across the street from the harbor makes this #1 in location.

The hotel is very busy and seems popular. All of the staff I encountered was helpful and polite.

The elevators are slow and the staff confirmed one has not been working for a long time. Most waits were over 5 minutes. Wouldn't stop me from booking hotel but it was annoying. They really need to fix the broken elevator.

Pool had nice furniture but was not very clean. The water was cloudy, the hot tub was overcrowded with little kids, and the area needed to picked up of towels and previous guests trash. The pool area was overwhelmed by people, so hopefully they were just behind in cleaning.

The food was good and I liked it better than the other hotels in Baltimore. The staff was very guest focused and friendly.

For the location and pleasant staff, this is my first choice in Baltimore for my budget.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Millis, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

I have just completed a 4 day stay at the Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace Hotel and I have left with mixed feelings upon my departure. The majority of the staff are very helpful and the location is one of the best in the city. But there is also some issues I have with the way they conduct business.

When I was searching for a hotel, one of the mandatory items that I needed was access to a Hot Tub and Pool. When we arrived, we were told these facilities are not available after 10pm due to the State Requirement for a Lifeguard to be on Duty.

The next day, we woke up and exited our room to discover 75% of the people had a morning paper at their door but we did not receive one. We inquired and they indicated that only people with a Platinum Membership would receive a paper... The Average Price for a Room is $229 a night and they could not provide a morning paper? Howard Johnson's, Hotel 6, Super 8 and the like are less expensive by huge percentages and they seem to provide papers for EVERYONE?

The Hot Tub was full of Dirt and when you turn the Bubbles on, there is SO MUCH NOISE that it sounded like a Boat with a 455 Engine with the Exhaust going into the water. I informed Maintenance and they said some pumps are quieter than others and they see nothing wrong with this.. I was unable to use the Hot Tub due to the Noise Level and thereby, making my visit that much less enjoyable. The Paint above the Pool is peeling off and the Pool bottom is quite slippery, my wife slipped when she entered the pool at the steps... BE CAREFUL.

Room Tip: Parking is $28 a day and Internet in your room is $12.95. WIFI is available in the Lobby but you ne...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
renhar, Guest Experience Coordinator at Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace Hotel, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Thank you for choosing the Renaissance Harborplace Hotel and for taking the time to review your stay on Trip Advisor. The hotel is located in Baltimore City. A city ordinance requires a life guard be on duty for the pool to be open. We do close the pool at 10PM. If not for that ordinance the pool would be open 24 hours. I do apologize for not providing a newspaper. Papers are available for delivery to any guest upon request during check in. Thank you for your feedback regarding the hot tub. I am having our engineering staff evaluate and repair if necessary.

Again thank you for your review. We appreciate and rely on your feedback.

Pamela Saleh
Indianapolis
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

The overall atmosphere is excellent here, the staff is very pleasant and accommodating. Renaissance hotels always seem to be similar in staff quality to a JW Marriott. They are quick to solve problems and really appreciate your business. This hotel particularly I had several interactions with the staff over the several day's I was there for a conference. Housekeeping was very pleasant and does a very good job. Front desk was amazing, I checked in early and my room was not ready (no big deal) they got me access to the concierges lounge and called me a short time later, to let me know it was ready. I had to check out a day early and they wanted to make sure everything was OK and I wasn't dissatisfied, which I was not. Of the Baltimore hotels (particularly inner harbor) I would say this is the one to stay at. I utilized the 5th floor restaurant for several meetings and interviews food is always good and the staff is attentive but not always on top of you. Great job Renaissance Baltimore!

Room Tip: Get a harbor view if you can, higher the better.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business