“Book it and enjoy!”

Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace Hotel
Ranked #21 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The hotel is in a great location right downtown and near the inner harbor. Our room was clean and we had enough room for the 2 of us. The hotel has plenty of amenities. The service was friendly and helpful. It was reasonably priced.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Skoosh

Reviewed 25 May 2014

My wife and I stayed here mid May 2014. It's a very nice and well appointed hotel. It's greatest positive is it's location and some of the rooms views of the Inner Harbor. We didn't have an issue with noise at all, but that could be we were on a high enough floor and no rowdy neighbors. We didn't eat at the restaurant but did drink at the bar. Service there was good and the bar was a little busy. Be prepared to be pan handled as soon as you walk in any direction away from the Inner Harbor. This isn't the hotels fault though.
Rooms were clean. The bellhop staff was very good, helping with bags, holding bags for us and getting us a cab. They had a small live band at least one of the nights on the 1st floor. One negative is the VERY long hallways... you could walk the equivalent 2 long city blocks just to a room from the elevator. I'd recommend Harborplace but be prepared to pay for that great location.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor room and a view of the Harbor.
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I've always liked the Renaissance hotels within the Marriott portfolio. Across the board the Renaissance hotels pretty much "get it" as to what kind of value a traveler wants. Granted my Marriott Platinum status allow me to experience a higher level of service throughout the hotel (access to concierge lounge, etc), but whether I was getting the higher level of service or not, Renaissance and the Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace hotel was a terrific. I've never been to Baltimore, but for my dollar the hotel was ideally located to the happenings of downtown. Baltimore has done wonders in the inner harbor and it will be a fun place to return to for more exploring. As for the hotel itself, I had a great view from the top floor featuring a panorama of the inner harbor. Dining options galore within easy walking distance. Room was oversized, bed was comfortable, and the hotel was reasonably quiet. If I had a complaint it was a small one- in the hallway leading to my room there was a food and beverage cart that was parked in the hallway for the three days of my stay and it featured some increasingly nasty slices of bacon. You have to wonder how many hotel staff walked past this over three days and nothing was done to remove the cart or take care of the spoiled food. Minor, but details matter. Front desk clerks for check in and check out were very helpful and efficient. Some water and fruit punch located next to the front desk was a nice touch. Looking forward to my next visit to Baltimore and a stay at the Renaissance.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 May 2014

wouldn't have been any noisier. What a waste! The staff was friendly, the room was clean and spacious, and the bed was comfortable. Unfortunately, a comfortable bed is no more useful than a chair when the street noise is loud enough to prevent sleep. I stayed at the hotel on a Sunday night/Monday morning. The windows facing the street must have been made of " 1/2 pane glass." I could hear not just vehicle traffic, but also conversatios on the street. Monday morning, I informed the gentleman at the front desk of my sleepless night. He apologized and recommendoed that I stay in a quieter wing should I return. Shouldn't EVERY ROOM be quiet enough for a good night's sleep?

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
renhar, Guest Experience Coordinator at Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Thank you for choosing the Renaissance Harborplace Hotel and for reviewing your stay on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your feedback regarding our hotel and staff. I do apologize that you were unable to sleep due to the outside noise. While the harborview rooms have a great view, the courtyard rooms are quieter. Being in the heart of downtown and in an older hotel, traffic noise can be an issue for some. I will share your feedback with my engineering staff regarding soundproofing upgrades to the harborview windows.

Again, thank you so much for your feedback. It is very much appreciated.

Pamela Saleh

Reviewed 17 May 2014

Location, location, location! Across the street, or skywalk from the shops and attractions at the Inner Harbor, this hotel couldn't have been in a better place. Attached to both a convenient parking garage and shopping mall, this hotel is within feet of anything you will need. Entrance to hotel is beautiful and amenities were impressive as well, including Starbucks on site, fine dining, luxury shops and full bar open late. Room was clean and accommodating, with large up to date room and bathroom. Would definitely recommend!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 May 2014

i stayed for a day in a room with water view , excellent view !
there is a shopping center at the hotel , the room was clean and spacious , the only downside was there is no car rental agency, i had to go the nearby sheraton hotel which is only 10 min's walking distance.

Room Tip: higher floors facing south towards the harbor.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

Stay on the 8th floor with a spectacular view of the inner harbor (8026). We didn't do much at the hotel; it's very nice and everyone was nice. It's a great location to be able to see the local sites. I took the light rail from the airport to the convention center stop for $1.60 and walked like 4 blocks to the hotel. Phillips Seafood has great food, the comedy factory is good and check out a local pub nearby called The Kats Eye pub where they have live music (black & tan).

• Stayed: May 2014