“Preakness weekend!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace Hotel
Ranked #25 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
“Preakness weekend!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

We were in town to attend the Preakness race. Felt this was a very nice hotel. Staff was very accommodating and friendly. Had 9 th floor, very clean, harbor view which was nice and quiet and great view! Nice location to all sights and restaurants. Took taxi to fells point but nice day and walked back along water. Little Italy is a must for dinner! Renaissance always told us of shuttles to and from restaurants instead of taxis!!! Would recommend to anyone!

Room Tip: Upper floor, harbor view
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tammy W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (482)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I've been a Platinum Member for many years...and do quite a bit of traveling. It has seemed to me that lately this status has meant less and less in terms of how I'm treated. Upgrades seem to be harder to come by, welcome gifts are not as generous, and staff many times don't recognize that we frequent travelers are important to the company. Having said all that, I really need to compliment this hotel. This was a very busy Memorial Day weekend, with lots of events taking place in Baltimore. The hotel ran smoothly, despite the crowds. The Concierge Lounge was open for breakfast...and well supplied. The restaurant was better than expected...and not as costly as most. All in all we had a great experience. I highly recommend this hotel.

On a separate note...special thanks to Nick Maida...a front desk manager who made all of my arrangements for me over the phone, and was able to accomodate several special requests in a friendly and efficient manner. He was great to work with.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace hotel twice, with our 6-year-old grandson - once in 2013 and once in 2014. We enjoyed our stay very much. The hotel is at an excellent location. Next to the harbor and close to everything - restaurants, the aquarium, other amusement places, etc. etc. The room we stayed at had 2 queen beds. Very comfortable beds and nice linen. The room was big enough that we did not feel crammed even with a young active boy. The front desk service was friendly and efficient. We would always like to stay there when we go visit Baltimore.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Washington, DC, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

The hotel is in a great location right downtown and near the inner harbor. Our room was clean and we had enough room for the 2 of us. The hotel has plenty of amenities. The service was friendly and helpful. It was reasonably priced.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Skoosh

Staten Island, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

My wife and I stayed here mid May 2014. It's a very nice and well appointed hotel. It's greatest positive is it's location and some of the rooms views of the Inner Harbor. We didn't have an issue with noise at all, but that could be we were on a high enough floor and no rowdy neighbors. We didn't eat at the restaurant but did drink at the bar. Service there was good and the bar was a little busy. Be prepared to be pan handled as soon as you walk in any direction away from the Inner Harbor. This isn't the hotels fault though.
Rooms were clean. The bellhop staff was very good, helping with bags, holding bags for us and getting us a cab. They had a small live band at least one of the nights on the 1st floor. One negative is the VERY long hallways... you could walk the equivalent 2 long city blocks just to a room from the elevator. I'd recommend Harborplace but be prepared to pay for that great location.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor room and a view of the Harbor.
Walpole, NH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

I've always liked the Renaissance hotels within the Marriott portfolio. Across the board the Renaissance hotels pretty much "get it" as to what kind of value a traveler wants. Granted my Marriott Platinum status allow me to experience a higher level of service throughout the hotel (access to concierge lounge, etc), but whether I was getting the higher level of service or not, Renaissance and the Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace hotel was a terrific. I've never been to Baltimore, but for my dollar the hotel was ideally located to the happenings of downtown. Baltimore has done wonders in the inner harbor and it will be a fun place to return to for more exploring. As for the hotel itself, I had a great view from the top floor featuring a panorama of the inner harbor. Dining options galore within easy walking distance. Room was oversized, bed was comfortable, and the hotel was reasonably quiet. If I had a complaint it was a small one- in the hallway leading to my room there was a food and beverage cart that was parked in the hallway for the three days of my stay and it featured some increasingly nasty slices of bacon. You have to wonder how many hotel staff walked past this over three days and nothing was done to remove the cart or take care of the spoiled food. Minor, but details matter. Front desk clerks for check in and check out were very helpful and efficient. Some water and fruit punch located next to the front desk was a nice touch. Looking forward to my next visit to Baltimore and a stay at the Renaissance.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Portland, Maine
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

wouldn't have been any noisier. What a waste! The staff was friendly, the room was clean and spacious, and the bed was comfortable. Unfortunately, a comfortable bed is no more useful than a chair when the street noise is loud enough to prevent sleep. I stayed at the hotel on a Sunday night/Monday morning. The windows facing the street must have been made of " 1/2 pane glass." I could hear not just vehicle traffic, but also conversatios on the street. Monday morning, I informed the gentleman at the front desk of my sleepless night. He apologized and recommendoed that I stay in a quieter wing should I return. Shouldn't EVERY ROOM be quiet enough for a good night's sleep?

• 1 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
renhar, Guest Experience Coordinator at Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace Hotel, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Thank you for choosing the Renaissance Harborplace Hotel and for reviewing your stay on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your feedback regarding our hotel and staff. I do apologize that you were unable to sleep due to the outside noise. While the harborview rooms have a great view, the courtyard rooms are quieter. Being in the heart of downtown and in an older hotel, traffic noise can be an issue for some. I will share your feedback with my engineering staff regarding soundproofing upgrades to the harborview windows.

Again, thank you so much for your feedback. It is very much appreciated.

Pamela Saleh