“Great Inner Harbor Hotel”

Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace Hotel
Ranked #20 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We recently stayed at the Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace Hotel to attend a family wedding. You cannot beat this location if your destination is Baltimore's Inner Harbor which has so much to offer. The staff was efficient and friendly. Our room was extremely clean and neat. The beds were very comfortable. There are several great restaurants right outside the hotel's doors. We would stay at this hotel again if we find ourselves in the Baltimore area again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank nptp84
Write a ReviewReviews (1,850)

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I stayed at the Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace Hotel. While it's a great location, close to the Harbor, Shopping, Dining, etc., I would not recommend staying here, especially for the price of the hotel rooms. The actual room was quite nice, spacious and clean. My issue was with customer service.
1. My room did not have an alarm clock. I called twice and asked at front desk once, and never did receive the alarm clock.
2. The hair dryer in my room was broken. I requested another hairdryer, again 3 times, only to be brought another broken hair dryer.
3. Ordered room service - disappointed when they were out of my first option. Food didn't taste great for the amount I paid for it! Also, room service tray was still not removed from outside my door 24 hours later.
4. Needed a toiletry at the gift shop, and it cost under $5. Was asked to buy a bottle of water or candy bar, to bring the total amount to $5 so THEY didn't have to pay a card fee. NICE!!

Stay somewhere else - great area, not the best hotel.

2  Thank JillH09
renhar, Guest Experience Coordinator at Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Hello and thank you for your review on trip advisor. I am glad to hear that you were happy with our convenient location and your guestroom. I am troubled to hear about the numerous issues you encountered and the lack of customer service. I want to thank you for reaching out to me and providing me with your guestroom number. It has allowed us to research the issues with the alarm clock and hair dryer and determine where the breakdown occurred. I have shared your comments with our food and beverage team as well. Although we do not own or operate the gift shop I will be meeting with them to discuss your situation.

Again, thank you for your feedback. It is much appreciated and allows us to correct our shortcomings.

Sincerely
Pamela Saleh

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed at the Renaissance this past weekend. Overall I would recommend the hotel and would definitely stay here again. The staff was very friendly, our room on the other hand although had some challenges. In all of our hotel stays I have never encountered beds where the sheets simply do not fit. We traveled with another couple and they had similar comments about there room.

Don't waste your time with the pool. The area was a mess, the water was cloudy and had an odd smell, the pool deck was slimy and towel bin overflowing. The kicker was the young lady lifeguard who sat outside of the pool building in the sun occasionally looking into to pool area at those who were swimming. She was unhelpful and could not be bothered to clean up the area. Kids were in the pool during the time of our visit and were accompanied by their adults but nonetheless the life guard should be at the welcome desk and watching the guests not working on her tan.

Room Tip: Ask for harbor view or courtyard view.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We stayed here for my daughters 17 birthday and the staff was very good at what they do went to the harbor it has changed over the years from when I lived here but in a good way went to see an O's game and yea they won between the view, harbor and the game with family it was a great night oh and a great night sleep.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Very nice and modern hotel right across the street from the Inner Harbor. Rooms were large and clean with comfortable beds. The only negative about this hotel was that there were only one bank of elevators at one far corner of the hotel for the entire property so if your room was at the other side it was quite a hike to get your your room. Friendly and helpful staff.

3  Thank greenville_guitar
Reviewed 24 June 2014

The good central location of this hotel allows to you to be able to walk to everything from the Inner Harbor, to Fells Point, to Federal Hill and the great food in Little Italy. Room was clean and comfortable with no noise from the outside or from the mall under the hotel. Beautiful views of the harbor as well.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We stayed June 20th-21st, 2014 for a business conference. The food was not that great and most everything was cold. I don't really like cold, uncooked green beans. I had to get a new water glass 3 times because there were lipstick marks on the edge. We could deal with the food, it was the surprise we got when the sheet came off the mattress corner that was horrible. It looked like someone had been shot or something because the stain was so big and dark. I was afraid to even pull the sheets back and look at the rest of the mattress because I just didn't want to see what all we had been sleeping on. We took a picture of the left side of the mattress near the head of the bed and took it with us to check out. When we showed the person at the checkout, all he said was "That's Disgusting!", "I will look into this right away". "Can we buy you lunch here in the hotel or are you leaving?" Well, we are checking out right now so we won't be here for lunch. Really, do you think I even trust the food service now that I have seen how unclean the bed is and how well your dishes are washed? Gross!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
renhar, Guest Experience Coordinator at Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Thank you so much for your review. I do sincerely apologize for the issue in your guestroom. I appreciate that you contacted me personally at the hotel to let me know the location of this room so we can take immediate action.

Your feedback is very much appreciated.

Pamela Saleh