“Fair priced-great location”

Ranked #21 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
mahopac, ny
“Fair priced-great location”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

nice room ( step up from a Marriot). Great location at the Inner Harbor.Pleasant staff. Towels were thin and old ( I always check for the quality of the towels!). Some rooms feel like a 3 day hike from the elevator.Check beforehand if that is a problem for you.

Room Tip: if have trouble walking, ask for a room close to the elevator
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank johnsMahopac_Ny

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (505)
Greenville, Mississippi
Reviewed 10 August 2014

My family and I recently enjoyed staying in this hotel. We loved the location on the Inner Harbor, which made it easy to access lots of fun stuff for the kids and restaurants that worked well for kids.

As Marriott Gold Rewards member, we had access to the Club Room. Breakfast and the happy hour both offered rotating hot choices that saved us the hassle of finding somewhere to eat each morning.

During our stay, the pool was closed one day for some repair work. When asked what time it would open, we were given different answers by the repairmen, lifeguard, and front desk. The lifeguard looked hungover each day and even seemed to be nursing a black eye.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of the Inner Harbor.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Rhode Island
Reviewed 8 August 2014

The Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace Hotel is perhaps not the fanciest of all Renaissance locations, but it is certainly clean and located conveniently. With a mall attached, a zillion restaurants all around, and various activities within walking distance, it's a good place to be. What really sold me on this hotel was, in fact, the customer service. Great attitudes, very friendly and upbeat staff made the Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace Hotel an even better place to stay.

And did I mention that the beds are incredibly comfortable? Lovely.

Room Tip: If you care about the view, rooms are available that face the water. My room was not one of these, a...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank JennaAndJosh
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 8 August 2014

This hotel is located across the street from Baltimore's Inner Harbor. I had room 1087 which was quite a long way from the elevator. It is immediately adjacent to an emergency stairway exit.

The in-room internet was the worst I have ever used. Signal from the router was strong, but the net itself failed miserably. On FB it took about 5 minutes to load messages, the following nite I purchased the faster internet...not much better. Internet in the conference room was good. Spent 1/2 with the IT help desk, they just couldn't figure out what the problem is.

Hotel is connected to a shopping mall, Starbucks on 2nd floor of the mall, also a hotel ran Starbucks on the 1st floor. Room with a harbor view is an extra $40.
Coffee maker is located inside the dresser, also a mini-fridge and a safe.
Room was very large, two queens, Aveda bath products.
Dated décor, There’s a bottle of water next to the TV; however, if you open it you’ll have to shell out $4.

Mattresses are very firm (which I like) but think 75 – 80 if you have a sleep number bed.
Table/Desk lamps have electrical outlets on their base.

Conference rooms were very good, and the catered lunches were awesome.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank DealScout
renhar, Guest Experience Coordinator at Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace Hotel, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Hello and thank you for reviewing your recent stay on Trip Advisor. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and found both the conference rooms for your meeting and the food provided excellent. I do apologize for the issue with your guestroom internet. Our internet strength is top of the line and it is unusual to have such an issue. I have alerted our technical staff to your difficulty and they are conducting tests to determine the cause.

Again, thank you so much for your review and feedback. It is very much appreciated.

Pamela Saleh
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I am a platinum Marriott Rewards member so try to use Marriott whenever I can. I went down to the Inner Harbor with my family and was very happy with this hotel. I used points for this 4 night stay and was very pleased with the customer service involved with the reservation. I couldnt book online because they did not have rooms open for rewards points on all the nights I wanted (We all know this happens). Marriott rewards called the hotel, spoke to the manager and the manager was willing to open up a room for me to use points for my entire stay. I was thrilled and very thankful for such great customer service. . Everyone who has reviewed this place has called out location as beign key, and I agree. You are across the street from the inner Harbor and can even use the walking bridge from the adjoining mall to get across the street. (For those with younger kids who dont like walking across busy city streets). You are about a 15 minute walk to Camden yards and about a 10 minute walk to Little Italy. I have to young kids (under 12) and they had no problem making the walk.

The hotel is clean, has a nice pool for the kids and a jacuzzi as well. Anytime you can get access to the club level its a good thing. The food was good and they had a lot to choose from, always a good thing if you can save money for at least one meal. They had your standard, coffee, juices, cereal, bagels and muffins and fresh fruit but also had eggs and bacon.sausage, enough for everyone to choose something they liked.

The rooms were nice and clean and housekeeping was there quickly when we asked for more pillows and blankets. I would stay here again for sure and would recommend this to others. Very nice stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Brian S
New York City, New York
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace - could not ask for a better experience. Staff was excellent, room was large and very clean. Location could not be better - across the street for the harbor and central to all locations. We will be back.

Room Tip: large # of rooms -prepare to walk.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Brescello
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Very big structure. with meeting rooms adapt for business and event in general.
Very well organized for to accomodate a lot of meeting in the same time, included lunch time.
Clean,orderly and with very beatiful panorama conclude positive notes.
The rooms Hotel are very comfortable and structured.

Very nice place for big business meeting!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business