“Best Location!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #24 of 65 Hotels in Baltimore
Boston, Massachusetts
“Best Location!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2010

We recently stayed at the Renaissance hotel while visiting for a Red Sox game. This hotel is in prime location for everything! We walked to the water taxi in the morning, explored the city, had lunch and then walked over to Camden yards in the afternoon. The rooms were large, clean and very modern and the staff was informative and helpful. We had breakfast in the hotel restaurant and would probably skip that next time - it was quite pricey and it wasn't that great. I would instead opt for Miss Shirley's down the street - which was FABULOUS! The only thing they could improve on would be to offer free parking and possibly to turn up the AC a bit (this seemed to be a Baltimore thing though as none of the restaurants or stores we went into really cranked the AC either). Neither would deter me from staying here though. I will definitely be back to Baltimore and would not even consider staying anywhere else!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (474)
Atlanta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2010

I enjoyed my stay while at the Renaissance Harborplace Hotel for the US Navy Symposium. I found all of the staff very helpful and courteous. The rooms were nice for the money. Large flat panel TV, nice toiletries and a comfortable bed. The location was convenient for dining and shopping. The water taxi to go to different parts of Baltimore is right across the street. Like all big cities, there are bums and transients, most of whom are harmless. I did notice a good police presence in the area, since it is a tourist spot.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
Augusta, West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2010

I have been going to Baltimore for 20+ years now at least 3 or 4 times a year. My wife and I decided to try this place out because it is across from the Inner Harbor and scoped the place out during one of our previous visits to Baltimore. I was amazed at how reasonable the price was to other locations that we researched. Once arriving the staff was very helpful and we were on our way to our room in no time. Once there we wasted no time taking the kids to the indoor pool. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anybody traveling to Baltimore and wanting to stay within walking distance of the Inner Harbor.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
Matawan, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2010

We have a great stay at the Renaissance Harborplace in Baltimore for Mother's Day weekend. We travelled with 2 toddlers and the rooms were large enough to open 2 pack-n-play cribs with room to spare. The staff was great, always available and very polite. Rooms were clean and the rates are reasonable.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2010

My boyfriend and I booked a last minute trip to the Inner Harbor and got this hotel through Expedia. The location was great, literally right across the street from the inner harbor and connected to a mall. We walked to Little Italy for dinner. The walk was about ten minutes and it was very safe. Speaking of safe, the hotel had two police officers standing by the doors after 9pm. The room was spacious with newer furniture and flat screen tv. The king bed was comfortable although the pillows could have been better. Our room did not have any special view but we were ok with that. Unlike many other reviews, I did not have a problem with other guests’ noise (maybe we were lucky?).
It is true there is only one location for elevators so you might need to walk a little if you are on the side opposite from them.
We used the indoor pool and hot tub once. The pool was filled with screaming kids but we were not too bothered by them. There was a lifeguard, but she wasn’t really paying attention to the kids jumping and diving even though it clearly said not to. We also liked the patio area outside of the pool. Nice to sit outside and relax.
Like others, I agree that parking was a little high but I guess that is the price you pay for being so close to the inner harbor.
We did not eat at the hotel’s restaurant but did go look at it, it looked nice. The hotel staff was friendly and even brought my boyfriend Band-Aids when his shoes were causing blisters within a few minutes.
Overall, I would stay here again but only if we got a good deal. I am someone who would walk an extra 5-10 minutes to save some money.
On a sidenote- if you are planning to go to the inner harbor and are thinking about going out at nightime be aware that things close early. By midnight on a Saturday the restaurants and bars (even ESPN Zone) were closed. However, it is still nice to walk around.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank blr5004
Philadelphia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2010

Not that I have stayed a a ton of them. When Renaissance was independent they were spotty. Since Marriot took them over, the consistency seems to have improved tremendously. This place rivals any Westin or Park Hyatt. All the rooms seem recently renovated. Mine had new furniture and a flat screen tv, and fridge. The rooms are spacious. The beds are really comfortable with great linens. Really no complaints regarding the room.

The bell staff is also great. Incredibly accomodating and helpful. I asked if there was a good chinese place nearby and the guy basically walked me there (it was just across the street but he wanted to make sure I crossed in the right spot because folks had been hit crossing that street).

My only complaints were: 1) the walk from the room to elevator is like half a block at least, and 2) they wouldn't even consider giving me a late check-out (even as a Marriot rewards member). Also, I was traveling on business so was less sensitive to this, but the place is really expensive for Baltimore. It's probably not the best value in town.

But I'd stay here again.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2010

During our trip to Los Angeles the other day, my girlfriend asked me which hotel I've enjoyed the most this past year. Without hesitation I said the Renaissance Harborplace Hotel in Baltimore and she immediately agreed. The front desk concierge was extremely helpful from helping us check-in due to such a busy night (New Year's Eve) to additional amenities. Due to my Marriott Platinum status we were upgraded to a splendid concierge level room overlooking the harbor. The wine and cheese Platinum arrival gift was superb. All in all a perfect stay during such a hectic time of year.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple