“Nice Old School Sheraton”

Sheraton Inner Harbor Hotel
Ranked #29 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Asheville, North Carolina
“Nice Old School Sheraton”
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Overall this is a decent hotel. The best thing about this hotel is the location- practically on inner harbor and a few blocks to the stadiums. Staff is nice and attentive, though not always knowledgeable, Nice concierge lounge. The gym was surprisingly nice- separate weight room with bench. Postage stamp size pool though.
Downsides are that the rooms are old. I hate the desk and desk chair- I think they are trying for "classy" but an old time red leather wooden chair with no wheels or adjustments is terrible. The rooms and lobbies have a bit of an old hotel musty smell to them but that is not terrible.

Room Tip: Try to get harborview. Stadium view is worthless.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
sjmb, Director of Sales at Sheraton Inner Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, 26 December 2013
Hello mattybough,

We thank you for sharing your recent experience here. We appreciate your kind comments on our staff and gym! We will certainly share your negative comments to the appropriate staff to rectify. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Wam Regards.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 3 December 2013

I stayed at this hotel during a conference at the convention center. It was a great location. Very close to a light rail stop, so I could easily and cheaply get to and from the airport. It is located in the Inner Harbor area, so many places to walk to. Lots of nearby restaurants, even some that aren't chains. A steady stream of cabs outside. And the most friendly and helpful doormen/bellhops.

I had a fantastic view of the Ravens stadium. The room was smallish, but comfortable. Great shower!

The tv channels did not include MSNBC or VH1, and there was no coffee bar in the hotel (although there were several places in the convention center).

This is a great location for business travelers, especially those avoiding renting cars, and for families who want a little cool vacation spot.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

We thank you for staying with us recently and sharing your experience. We do appreciate the many nice comments and will let the staff here know. We do look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Warm regards.
St. Johns, Florida
Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

Nice room, great location. The hotel was in walking distance from everything. We didn't go to any games but the baseball and football stadiums were right there so this is also a great location if you are in town for a game. The service was great too

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Hi AlisonG!

We thank you for staying with us recently and are delighted that you enjoyed our service and facilities.

We do hope to welcome you back soon!

Warm Regards,
london
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Close to the inner harbour, very convenient, stayed on the executive floor with exec club lounge, room little bigger a very large super king bed, furniture a level above standard room. Lounge was very useful , had breakfast and a snack one of the evenings. Staff , pleasant for a chain hotel .

Room Tip: If you can get a deal for exec floor worth it
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank prettydelight
sjmb, Director of Sales at Sheraton Inner Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, 27 December 2013
Hello prettydelight,

We thank you for staying with us and sharing your experiences. We appreciate your kind comments and hope to welcome you back soon!

Warm Regards.
Joliet, Montana
Reviewed 15 November 2013

The location was exceptional for this hotel. It was an easy and safe two block walk to the Inner Harbor and the visitor center. It was also an easy walk to both the football and baseball stadiums. It was also an easy walk to both the light rail and the bus lines which made it ideal for getting around Baltimore without renting a car. My room was spacious and well appointed.

Room Tip: If you are going to attend either a football or baseball game, request a room with a view of the sta...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank mlmontana
Dublin, California
Reviewed 5 November 2013

The Sheraton is connected to the convention center by an open air skywalk. Recently I have had the pleasure in staying at several hotels near convention centers that didn't make a single mistake. That was not the case with this Sheraton.

One of the days, we did not get the scheduled wake-up call. When I complained, management was very apologetic and mercifully the problem was not repeated the next day when we had to get up after 3 hours of sleep to leave for the airport at 3:30 AM.

For a convention center hotel, I was disappointed that there was no safe in the room. We heard conflicting stories on whether or not this deficiency would be corrected in the near future. One staff member claimed that in-room safes would be installed the following week. Another explained that they had safes behind the desk.

Twice we were unable to get hot water for a shower. One day the problem was around 5 PM and the next day only lukewarm water was available at 11 PM.

Breakfast is available at the Oriole Sports Bar on the second floor. The al la carte breakfast menu is priced such that you can't reduce the cost by avoiding the buffet, but you might want to because of the quality of the buffet. The plates for the buffet are cold, so the chafing dish breakfast items are chilled by the time you get back to your seat.

We also ate in the Oriole Sports Bar one evening. The She Crab Soup was excellent except that for garnish the cook had a very heavy had putting a streak of Old Bay Seasoning across the top. A lighter dusting of Old Bay would not have over-salted the soup. The crab cakes were excellent.

The once lunch meal I had at the Oriole Sports bar was also flawed. I ate early, because of a session I needed to attend at the convention. There were very few people in the restaurant, so the staff were not in the room much of the time. I saw our order come up and one server walked past our order twice doing housekeeping chores and left the room (although we were the only diners in the room. The chef had exited after putting our lunches on the counter for the other server to collect without signalling her in anyway and she was off in the kitchen. Rather than eat a cold meal, I took matters into my own hands and collected our lunches from the counter. Eventually our waitress appeared.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank EveSp
Scarsdale, New York
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I was planning to be in Baltimore for the Columbus Day Weekend for a convention but somehow had failed to booked my rooms at the hotel where the event was taking place. I called a few hotels but I really didn't want to spend a fortune for two nights even if I was making the reservation three days before my visit. To my surprise when I called the Sheraton Inner Harbor, I was told of an amazing room rate, $300 for the first night and then the last two digits of my birth year! So for $352, I booked what might have been the best rate for a comfortable king size bed in a lovely hotel on the 11th floor!

The staff was gracious and helpful and I found that the hotel was incredibly convenient. Although I didn't know it when I booked the room, there was even a small indoor pool and a fully equipped exercise facility.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business