“Dependable”

Ranked #27 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Denton, Maryland
“Dependable”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Stayed here for a conference and as with most Sheratons, it's dependable. Clean, good customer service, everything you need in the room. Room service was fast, food was hot and good, waiter was polite and friendly. Valet parking was fast and easy. If you are going for an O's game, I had a great view of Camden yards from my window. Inner Harbour is completely accessible.

Only downside is, as other reviews note, it's noisy. I could hear doors opening and closing all night, and when several people were talking and laughing next door, I could hear it all in my room. This was particularly bad on a game night with people coming back to their rooms late and in a good mood.

Room Tip: If you are an O's fan or with the kids, ask for a view of Camden Yards.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
sjmb, Director of Sales at Sheraton Inner Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Hi Sandy B!

Thank you for sharing your recent stay experience with us! We appreciate your kind comments on our team, food service, as well as location. We are sorry that some of your neighbors were loud. It is unfortunate that people can be so inconsiderate of others.

We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Warm Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
McLean, Virginia
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Well located and I am sure a very busy place during conventions and games, this hotel is surely showing signs of age despite trying hard to keep up with the demands of today's travelers. While there is nothing wrong with this hotel, there are many others with a much better standards.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
sjmb, Director of Sales at Sheraton Inner Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Hi marcoremiatzky

We thank you for sharing your experience here. Please know that we continue to invest in our product everyday and hope that on your next visit your experience may be improved. .

Warm regards
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I had stayed here once before, and remembered it not being super enchanting (the walls were paper thin, and I had to call someone to adjust my thermostat each time, as it was out of reach) But this second stay was once, that left me with no desire to return to this hotel.

First of all, I must say, although we experienced difficulties- eventually they were handled politely and professionally, but they should have been dealt with much earlier.

Long story short, we were up all night listening to some college men next to us, partying from the moment they checked in and filled an entire cooler at the ice machine, to the moment we finally drifted off to music blasting at 3 a.m. (which they decided to play again at 8 a.m.)

Granted, I have stayed at many hotels, and enjoy a good night out, and have done my own time in Vegas, but I don't care what horse race was going on this weekend, this was ridiculous. The people next to us were swearing, yelling, slamming into walls, talking about doing illegal substances, and finally the last straw for me was when they attempted to come INTO our room thinking it was the room of one of their friends.

I called the front desk at 2 a.m. and said I was feeling very unsafe, and the situation needed to be dealt with. I stayed awake for about another hour, and did not hear anybody come and speak to them.

The next afternoon, since we were staying another night on our own dime I went to the front desk to discuss the situation. The woman said she knew exactly who I was talking about and told me they were also going to be there another night, which was when I requested we be relocated or we would need to stay somewhere else.

She upgraded us to a hospitality suite, and provided us access to the Sheraton Club, which was nice. The frustrating thing was that we sacrificed our ADA room, in order to have a peaceful night. I was happy with the upgrade, but had it been more than one night it would not have worked for us.

I don't think that should have been the first solution to the problem, when we were not the ones causing the disruptions.

In addition to that debacle, the hotel is just a little worse for wear. Needs some general maintenance. I also found the "sports bar" to be a little odd and overpriced. Although it is dubbed a bar and grill, it's an odd carpeted dining room, that looks like the same time of room you would eat your breakfast buffet at a Holiday Inn.

People are nice enough, and this hotel is in a good location for tourism, but after two less than satisfactory stays here, I will be looking elsewhere next time I am in Baltimore.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Malphaba
sjmb, Director of Sales at Sheraton Inner Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Hello Malphaba,

We thank you for sharing your experience here. We apologize that we did not meet your or our expectations. we will share your comments with our team. We are glad that you felt that we were responsive and moved your room.

We hope that you will consider Starwood Hotals and Resorts again in the future.

chester
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Stayed here July 2014 .
Great comfy bed nice linen bedding etc , bedroom better clean , dusting and cleaning behind cupboards etc . Bathroom was average shower not the best , towels need to be bath sheets .
It was noisy the first night , lots of young kids in the hotel making constant noise asked the reception to get them to be quiet but it's stayed really noisy .
Good location to the shops and harbour side .

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Hayleys68
Hello Hayleys68,

We thank you for the overall good rating. We apologize that there were noise issues caued by some children misbehaving and that our linen did not meet your expectations. Glad that you enjoyed the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper! We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Warm Regards.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Located by the stadiums (throw a rock to them) this hotel is great if you are going to a game. I stayed here for work, so the game traffic was a little annoying, but not unbearable. Getting a cab was hard though. The hotel is in an older building, but all the rooms have been updated. It's not the nicest Sheraton, but also not the worst.

There's a little hole in the wall restaurant on the 2nd floor. We had drinks there, it was okay, but it's a hole in the wall sports bar. Morton's is in the hotel if you want a nice dinner, there's also several options within a short walk for food.

There's a parking garage and valet if you have a car. Staff was nice, but getting the bill was a bit difficult. For some reason they didn't slide it under the door. A colleague of mine had an issue where someone charged a dinner to his room and it took 15-20 minutes for it to get squared away, in the end it was okay, but a bit of a headache.

1 Thank Samharts
sjmb, Director of Sales at Sheraton Inner Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Hello SamHarts,

we thank you for sharing your experience here. We are sorry that you feel that our restaurant is a "hole in the wall" We do take pride in our menu offerings and our team works hard there. In this day and age in order to be green most hotels no longer place bills under the doors. Thank you again for staying with us.

Bunker Hill, West Virginia
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Close to stadiums! Easy access via skywalk to Inner Harbor attractions. Front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. Room was extremely hot upon checking in, but the AC cooled it down to a comfortable temp before long. Bed and pillows are some if the most comfortable I've ever felt in a hotel. Dining options are nice...but expensive! Yes, parking is expensive, but it's expensive everywhere in downtown Baltimore. I've stayed here several times and will continue to do so whenever I'm in Baltimore. Got a smokin' deal through Priceline!

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank ERat
Hi ERat,

Glad that you visited us again! We thank you for sharing your experience here. Happy that you enjoyed the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper also! Appreciate the comment on our team and go O's!!!!

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here 2 nights on 4th of July weekend, we checked in early and our room was ready which was great and the room was clean except for the ice bucket and glass cups. They had a pool but it was small . The location of the hotel was a 2 minute walk to the harbor , it was great because we were able to walk everywhere and leave our car in the parking lot. The really bad thing was the price of leaving your car in the lot for 2 nights $57 ouch. Wish they had free parking.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sandra G
Hello sandraG,

Thank you for your nice comments on our hotel and location. We are very competitive in our market as to pricing on parking, etc. We do hope to welcome you back soon.