“A good choice when price is right”

Sheraton Inner Harbor Hotel
Ranked #31 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I got a good deal on a 6 night stay here. But other than that - geez Louise with the nickel and dime charges. Expensive hotel parking and given length of stay - $200 was quite an outlay. $5 to receive a package sent to me? No breakfast or other amenities.

Pool is teeny weeny so no laps here unless its on the treadmill.

Staff is professional and friendly. Tameeka in valet as well as the rest of guys on staff did a good job but tipping always makes people smile, right?
Mike at front desk went the extra mile to correct an inconvenience at check-in.

Tina(?) and Mary in 14th floor hospitality suite are great hostesses and we appreciated the access given our week long stay. It was a bright side to offset the outrageous parking. Breakfast, snacks and coffee were appreciated. (however - why not use a regular coffee dispenser as no one could work the fancy espresso machine and that created a log-jam.)

Room Tip: Harbor view or city view are equally nice so don't sweat it but go for the 14th floor Club Level...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 18 July 2014

I stayed here an entire week so the upgraded service of the preferred guest suite was appreciated - complimentary beverages with evening and breakfast buffet and snacks. Mary and Tina (?) are fine hostesses here on the 14 floor. Mike at front desk went extra mile to assist in room mix up. Tameeka is valet as well as the rest of the guys were good valets and of course tipping helps.

It's in a great location within walking distance of Inner Harbor attractions.

Would I stay again? If price was as right as it was during this trip.

Any negatives? The typical outrageous parking really made me feel taken advantage of; the extraordinarily teeny pool (don't expect to do your laps here); missing 5 lb hand weight in fitness. The Sports Bar downstairs could use a dusting especially in memorabilia cases especially since its practically dead.

Its a big hotel and there's a lot to take care of and the room was in good condition except for slow drains in sink, tub and toilet. Could have used a vent fan in bathroom as well.

Room Tip: Both harbor and city views are fine. Access to 14th Concierge Suite is an upgrade.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
sjmb, Director of Sales at Sheraton Inner Harbor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Hi Lynn D,

We thank you for your nice comments on many of our team members and are glad that it contributed to a good visit! We will certainly share all of your positive and not so positives with our different departments and thank you for the details!

We hope to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Great location / amazing service. First class. Valet, Front desk, amazing dinner in the restaurant. Encountered the Manager on Duty while she was walking around and she went above and beyond to ensure my needs were met. Thank you.

• Stayed: July 2014
sjmb, Director of Sales at Sheraton Inner Harbor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Hi cuca79!

We certainly thank you for the five star review! Appreciate you highlighting our team's services and location!

We look forward to your return visit soon!

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

I am a SPG Platinum member and some Sheratons are really sketchy. Not this one! Great location a short walk to Camden Yards and restaurants. Great place to stay! I recommend going to Black Olive to eat Rates due vary season to season. Book early and save.

• Stayed: February 2014
sjmb, Director of Sales at Sheraton Inner Harbor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Hello Eric D!

Thank you for being an SPG Platinum member and the five star rating. We are pleased that you enjoyed all that Baltimore has to offer and that you highlighted our hotel as a great place to stay! We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Stayed here for a conference and as with most Sheratons, it's dependable. Clean, good customer service, everything you need in the room. Room service was fast, food was hot and good, waiter was polite and friendly. Valet parking was fast and easy. If you are going for an O's game, I had a great view of Camden yards from my window. Inner Harbour is completely accessible.

Only downside is, as other reviews note, it's noisy. I could hear doors opening and closing all night, and when several people were talking and laughing next door, I could hear it all in my room. This was particularly bad on a game night with people coming back to their rooms late and in a good mood.

Room Tip: If you are an O's fan or with the kids, ask for a view of Camden Yards.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Hi Sandy B!

Thank you for sharing your recent stay experience with us! We appreciate your kind comments on our team, food service, as well as location. We are sorry that some of your neighbors were loud. It is unfortunate that people can be so inconsiderate of others.

We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Well located and I am sure a very busy place during conventions and games, this hotel is surely showing signs of age despite trying hard to keep up with the demands of today's travelers. While there is nothing wrong with this hotel, there are many others with a much better standards.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Hi marcoremiatzky

We thank you for sharing your experience here. Please know that we continue to invest in our product everyday and hope that on your next visit your experience may be improved. .

Warm regards

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I had stayed here once before, and remembered it not being super enchanting (the walls were paper thin, and I had to call someone to adjust my thermostat each time, as it was out of reach) But this second stay was once, that left me with no desire to return to this hotel.

First of all, I must say, although we experienced difficulties- eventually they were handled politely and professionally, but they should have been dealt with much earlier.

Long story short, we were up all night listening to some college men next to us, partying from the moment they checked in and filled an entire cooler at the ice machine, to the moment we finally drifted off to music blasting at 3 a.m. (which they decided to play again at 8 a.m.)

Granted, I have stayed at many hotels, and enjoy a good night out, and have done my own time in Vegas, but I don't care what horse race was going on this weekend, this was ridiculous. The people next to us were swearing, yelling, slamming into walls, talking about doing illegal substances, and finally the last straw for me was when they attempted to come INTO our room thinking it was the room of one of their friends.

I called the front desk at 2 a.m. and said I was feeling very unsafe, and the situation needed to be dealt with. I stayed awake for about another hour, and did not hear anybody come and speak to them.

The next afternoon, since we were staying another night on our own dime I went to the front desk to discuss the situation. The woman said she knew exactly who I was talking about and told me they were also going to be there another night, which was when I requested we be relocated or we would need to stay somewhere else.

She upgraded us to a hospitality suite, and provided us access to the Sheraton Club, which was nice. The frustrating thing was that we sacrificed our ADA room, in order to have a peaceful night. I was happy with the upgrade, but had it been more than one night it would not have worked for us.

I don't think that should have been the first solution to the problem, when we were not the ones causing the disruptions.

In addition to that debacle, the hotel is just a little worse for wear. Needs some general maintenance. I also found the "sports bar" to be a little odd and overpriced. Although it is dubbed a bar and grill, it's an odd carpeted dining room, that looks like the same time of room you would eat your breakfast buffet at a Holiday Inn.

People are nice enough, and this hotel is in a good location for tourism, but after two less than satisfactory stays here, I will be looking elsewhere next time I am in Baltimore.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Malphaba
sjmb, Director of Sales at Sheraton Inner Harbor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Hello Malphaba,

We thank you for sharing your experience here. We apologize that we did not meet your or our expectations. we will share your comments with our team. We are glad that you felt that we were responsive and moved your room.

We hope that you will consider Starwood Hotals and Resorts again in the future.