“One night....if I have to!”

Motel 6 Baltimore - Camden Yards
Ranked #57 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Columbus, OH
“One night....if I have to!”
Reviewed 27 July 2013 via mobile

First impressions: The area seems decent...but it is dark out. Ladies at front desk were nice. Unpacking our vehicle a cop circled the building many times....kind of weird?!?!? Room leaves a lot to be desired. Smelled like air fresher, beds are really low to the ground, door seems off set, curtains do not close in the front window, burn holes in comforter. Bathroom is disgusting! Overall room is old and worn.
The price was cheap, and you get what you pay for! It will work for 8 hours to sleep before we head over to the beach, but I will be sleeping with one eye open!
Next Morning: barely slept, beds were so hard and guys were outside yelling all night. We had to push our table in front of the door for added "security" because our lock was broken. No one would shower this morning since the tub was so gross. My girls were freaked out by how "nasty" the room was (clearly I have spoiled them). We got up, changed our clothes, brushed our teeth and left. On our way we stopped at a McDonalds down the street to get some breakfast and there was a security guard with a bulletproof vest on guarding the outside of the bank next to it. Definitely not the best area!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank KendallsMom
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Baltimore - Camden Yards, responded to this review, 3 August 2013
Dear KendallsMom - Thank you for taking the time to post your review. The cleanliness, room conditions and comfort issues you encountered are not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6, and we sincerely apologize for your unpleasant stay. Please kindly contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide our guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Oh lord where do i start with this place. Me and my husband been to this hotel years ago when it was quality inn, when the company was replaced with motel six, so went the quality and cleanliness. For some reason his place gets packed certain times during the month( i guess its cheap, but the cost you can stay some where much nicer). We went one day when there was a event in the city, we basically was forced to get a room on the third floor. let me just say the bathroom tub was the dirtiest out of date tub ive ever seen in my life, I refused to take a shower in there. to make matters worse, when i laid down that night, i couldn't sleep because the bedspread was itchy. I pulled the blanket back and there was a bed bug in it , crawling and all. My husband and i took it to the clerk, she looked like it happened before( she lacked concern). my husband and i checked out and refuse to go there again( had to fumigate our clothes with a dryer and shake everything). save yourself the itches, because this motel six doesn't leave the light on because... it has bed bugs and half clean rooms. I do not recommend this place.

Room Tip: rooms near the bar are the worse, it gets loud on the weekends and you cant sleep. rooms on third fl...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Atlanta
Reviewed 10 June 2013

My first experience with this chain and I was not impressed nor was I overly impressed. It was a sold out night when I arrived and some how my travel department booked me here in error, the room had no phone chord but a phone. No bath amenities so thank God I carry my own when I travel.
Housekeeping tried but I'm not sure it made a difference. If given another chance I would pass.
Oh yea the staff was great.

• Stayed May 2013
RI, USA
Reviewed 13 March 2013 via mobile

It's a Motel 6: Thin towels and bedding. Small bathroom. Mushy mattress. No iron in room. Old-style square TV. Furniture of same vintage. Stained lamp shade.

But basically clean and nothing scary or revolting about it.

It is next to a restaurant/bar/nightclub that was packed the Friday I was there. If you are a light sleeper, ask for a room on the side away from it. Otherwise expect noise some.

• Stayed March 2013
Rancho Santa Margarita, California, United States
Reviewed 9 February 2013

I stayed here for one evening with a couple of friends. I was actually pretty surprised that the room was pretty big and that it seemed very clean.Sure, everything was obviously old, including the bathroom, but it was still pretty well-maintained. Since this isn't a high-class hotel obviously, there were less amenities (no iron or coffeemaker), but there were towels and toiletries, even though I was expecting none. The bed was very comfy too.

The frontdesk staff was great, and I had nothing but good things to say about her. She was attentive to our needs and was very easy to talk to.

The problem lay in the fact that the room we got was right across the stairs, and sometime in the evening, around 10-11pm, a drunk guy was in front of our door and would occasionally pound on it. The good thing is that the door was locked, and we were so exhausted anyway to complain/call the manager, and by the next morning he was gone, so all was well and good.

One more thing is that, the walls are kinda thin, and throughout the night we could hear people talking, occasionally a couple screaming at each other, but then again, this is what we paid for, I guess.

I emailed the motel 6 management about this, and they responded quickly with an apology and that they would do something about it. That part is impressive, so I think the bottomline is, I had a better-than-average stay here, except for that isolated event that happened to me and my friends.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
Bear, Delaware
Reviewed 8 February 2013

This is a pretty nice hotel. The property is clean, the staff is courteous, and helpful. The room is clean, as well as the bath. I would still recommend the use of shower shoes. The knock on this place is that the heat control cannot be adjusted. It is either on and the room gets unbearably hot, or it is off. I have stayed there a few times, and this seems to be the same in most rooms. All and all, it is a decent stay for the money. One tip: book online you'll save even more.

Room Tip: There is a bar and grill in front of the property and it gets a little noisy, so the back side of th...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 29 November 2012

I know you get what you pay for, but in this day and age, really all you're looking for in a cheap motel is a clean room with decent WiFi. However, the WiFi worked only about 5-10% of the time.

On top of it, they provided only a thin blanket, so you were forced to turn on the noisy heater all night, just for the lowest heat setting.

• Stayed November 2012