“Beautiful historic hotel”

Ranked #38 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
New York City, New York
“Beautiful historic hotel”
Reviewed 22 January 2014

We only stayed here one night and it was great. I absolutely love old hotels. The lobby seemed a bit small for what I expected but it is beautiful. One of my friends who had worked in construction remarked on how beautiful the marble was. Our room was very comfortable. I noticed they were doing renovations on other floors.
I was surprised that the room actually was around $100 for a Saturday night, and worried that the room might not be so nice once I saw the lobby. But it was a very nice room!
We did order from the restaurant and picked it up. They had some really good choices for vegetarians. That was super convenient as we really did not feel like going out.
The staff that we interacted with were all really wonderful and friendly. I lived in Baltimore for a few years and am not surprised when customer service people do not go out of your way for you. The people at the Peabody, however, not only were friendly but went above and beyond for us (2 of my friends and I had to have a meeting for a small nonprofit we are forming and the hotel not only let us check in a little early, but they gave a us a small place for the meeting for 2 hours, which was SO appreciated!).
There were a few negatives. The windows were VERY drafty. I sat at the desk in front of one of them and it was a bit chilly. They did have thick shades that helped with it. You could also hear the traffic at night, it was a little noisy but not too bad. Parking though- you have to pay, plus it is valet only. We actually parked at a friend's house and he drove us in, so it did work out. However, if you are bringing a car, it is a bit pricey to park.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
South London
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights in October. Its a perfectly nice hotel. Its well maintained if not a little dated in areas and the rooms but for the money its difficult to fault it too much. Its in a nice part of town and in walking distance to the train station and the harbour. The onsite restaurant is pretty popular and provides the room service from which I had a very nice quesadilla one night! The staff were ok. Not particularly friendly when I checked in but not rude either. The main issue to note was the hot water. It took around 5-10 mins of running it to get it anywhere near hot so make sure you give yourself plenty of time! All in all I left feeling satisfied that the cost of staying was at the level it should be. You could certainly do a lot worse than stay here.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 January 2014

I planned a weekend getaway with my husband to celebrate our anniversary with tickets to see Blue Man Group at the Hippodrome Theater (excellent show and theater). I saw the Special "Sweet Escape to Baltimore" Package being offered after making reservations, but sent a Facebook message that resulted in our being upgraded to a corner room (larger) along with a complimentary bottle of champagne, chocolate covered strawberries, and a card from Leslie (Front Desk Agent) wishing us a Happy 21st Anniversary!

From arrival to departure, all staff members were friendly and attentive. The room was tastefully decorated and we loved the marble bathroom with a jacuzzi tub and heated towel warmer. Room had beautiful views of the Washington Monument (currently being renovated) and Mount Vernon Place United Methodist Church in addition to other buildings featuring unique architectural details.

While not being located within easy walking distance of the Inner Harbor, the Wyndham Peabody Court offers elegant accommodations in a quiet neighborhood. Parking lot located at end of block can be used with valet parking available from hotel or self-park, but we were able to enjoy free on-the-street parking for the weekend.

Highly recommend ordering from Valentino's Restaurant (menu available from front-desk) for delicious seafood -- we enjoyed cream of crab soup, fried calamari, and seafood platter delivered for a fee of $5! Did not have the opportunity to dine at George's (restaurant located inside hotel), but look forward to trying on our next visit.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
North Easton
Reviewed 9 January 2014

The property was well maintained and very attractive in it's presentation. The staff made it an excellent experience. Nea, at the front desk, anticipated problems and our needs and was tremendously helpful. She is my "new best friend" in Baltimore and the top reason I will stay there next visit.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Michael D, General Manager at Hotel Revival, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Dear Leonard of Easton,

Thank you for the Wonderful Comments! The hotel desk team has never been better and NEA is an Ace for us and all of our guests. The Housekeeping and Maint Team are on trrack for our cleanliness and upkeep of the nearly 100 year old Gem here in Bmore! Pleas come visit us again soon!!!
Hinckley, Ohio
Reviewed 8 January 2014

My friends and I were VERY happy with the acoomodations here. The staff was incredibly friendly, even to the point of helping us find free parking right down the street rather than paying $100 for valet service for three days. The room was very spatious and clean, the bathroom was clean and had a number of amenities that you don't find in hotels in this price range - we will be visiting Baltimore again later this year for a Baltimore Ravens game and will definitely be staying here again. A+++++!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends