Hotel Revival
Midtown Inn(Baltimore)
Hotel Brexton(Baltimore)
The Ivy Hotel(Baltimore)
View Hotel
All reviewspeabody conservatorypeabody institutefront desk staffacross the streetmtvernonparking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I chose the Wyndham initially because of price, but I was very pleasantly surprised! The location is surrounded by beautiful architecture as well as the hotel itself has old world beauty and charm. The rooms were very high quality for the price, large in space, towel warmers in the bathroom, and again full of charm. The staff was amazing from the door man to Debbie at the front desk. Very helpful and friendly! I would stay again in a heartbeat!

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
Reviewed 22 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I stayed at the Wyndham Peabody Court for 4 nights on business.

Location:
The Wyndham Peabody Court is in the Mount Vernon district of Baltimore. It is fairly close to downtown, Camden Yards, and the inner harbor area, which translates into a 10 - 25 minute walk.

Room:
Considering the price paid, the room was vast, allowing for plenty of room to both move around and store personal items comfortably. I also appreciated the amount of electrical outlets available throughout the room which helped with recharging all my electronics, impressive for an older building.

Closet & safe:
There was plenty of space and hangers in the closet to hang my clothes. The closet also contained the in-room safe, which used a metal key instead of a keypad. There are both pros and cons to this design but it did the job for me.

Bathroom:
The bathroom area comprised of an open sink area, followed by the room with the toilet, bathtub, and shower. As much as I wanted to take a bath, there was rust on the surface of the tub, not from broken glaze but from the safety handle slowly rusting away above it.
Water temperature was good with plenty of pressure. The bathroom also feature a heated towel rack, which I did not turn on.

Work Desk:
The work desk was basic but satisfied my needs. The chair accompanying the desk was comfortable. A power bar here would have been nice but the room did have one by the bedside.

TV & Fridge:
The TV offered HD channels of the major networds with standard definition for the rest. Underneath the TV was a small fridge, which I used quite often by storing items I got from the 7-Eleven nearby.

Climate Control:
Room temperature is controlled by an in-room thermostat, heating the room nicely during the cold nights.

Exterior Noise:
Like most hotels, there is some hallway noise that can be heard from the room but thankfully those moments were limited.

Wi-Fi:
In-room internet is wireless only, which worked on the most part. Some apps (such as fongo) I had on my device did not work but I was able to access both web sites and remotely log in to my work place, which were my most important needs.

Telephone charges:
Note that there is a $2.50 charge for each call to a toll-free number using a calling card.

Elevators:
These worked really well here. Hardly any delays!

Check-in and Check-out:
The location of the check-in desk requires having to go down 3 steps. This can be a bit inconvenient if you have carry-on luggage with wheels with you as there is no ramp. Upon arrival, the front desk seemed unmanned but I then realized the person on duty was on the phone nearby. When leaving to check out, I seemed to be distracting the person on duty who just wanted to record my room number. Debbie did not ask me how my stay was or reviewed the charges I had incurred, which was a letdown where it comes to the customer service aspect.

Parking:
Valet parking seems to be the only option here. An alternate parking choice (about 6 blocks away) would be to park at LAZ parking, located on 100 West Fayette, which is open 24 hours a day. Overnight parking there was only $8.

Overall:
For the price paid, the Wyndham Peabody Court suited my basic business needs. I just needed a comfortable room and bed (a nicely firm mattress by the way), which was delivered without any problems.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank woodulu
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I stayed at the beautiful Peabody while in town for a conference. We got in late and had to check out late due to the conference. The Peabody was very accomodating and made sure our needs were met. The hotel itself is beautiful. My room was spacious with a wonderful view. I was very impressed with the cleanliness of the room itself and the large comfortable beds. We dined at the restaurant for breakfast. The food was fantastic and our server was great. The restaurant manager, however, was rude and made us feel uncomfortable because she openly annoyed with the one server on whom was trying to take care of numerous tables. The ladies at the front desk were very knowledgeable of the area. Debbie and Nea made sure to listen to our needs and what we wanted to do and gave us great recommendations for sites to visit in the area. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and am currently planning my next trip to Baltimore where we will definitely be returning to this hotel!

Room Tip: 12th floor offers a beautiful view.