“Pleasant stay despite a few hiccups”
Review of Hotel Revival

Hotel Revival
Ranked #39 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Connecticut
“Pleasant stay despite a few hiccups”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We booked the Wyndham recently when staying in town for a wedding. Initially I booked for 1 night but my wife and I decided to add a second. When I called to make the change the woman was very pleasant and accommodating...and she even verified my request at the end of the phone call so it was clear we were adding a night not changing the night we had booked. I should have checked the confirmation e-mail but didn't...but thankfully the groom of the wedding actually noticed we were still only booked for one night. The woman had just indeed changed the night we were booked for. I called back and we were able to get it corrected and still able to get the group rate despite being past the booking deadline...but it obviously could've ended differently had the mistake not been caught.

Our stay was very nice. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the rooms very comfortable and welcoming. There was a bit more morning light and street noise in our room than I would've preferred, but being it's a city location I can't fault the hotel too much for that.

I do have to take issue with morning room service being delivered 15-minutes prior to our requested window. Doesn't seem like much but they beat my alarm by about 5 minutes and it makes for a bit of a rude awakening to have to jump up and groggily allow them in the room. A first world problem of course. Additionally, I called down to ask if the valet could retrieve a forgotten item from our car which contained medication. They assured us they could and the front desk would let us know when it was available. Upon leaving for the wedding an hour later I inquired at the front desk and they told me the valet hadn't had a chance yet, but assured me they would ask again and it would be waiting at the front desk when we returned. When we returned several hour later that evening, the staff had obviously changed and they could not find the item which had me nervous that it may had been missplaced and lost. Since we were leaving the next morning all I could do at that point was wait and check the car to see if it was still in the car in the morning. Thankfully it was and thankful the medication had not been needed...but I was disappointed that it was never retrieved as promised despite multiple requests.

In the end, I still give the hotel a favorable rating and would recommend it, given that two of our three complaints arose because of a special request and something the staff likely does not handle on a regular basis.

Room Tip: Request higher floor to avoid street noise...and rooms on the front side (facing Cathedral St) get t...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Seattle
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Knowledgeable and personable staff makes this a good place to stay. The rooms are nicely renovated with old world charm. The Wi-Fi was free, but slow and inconsistent, heck, better to spend the time exploring this historic section of Baltimore.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family