Embassy Suites by Hilton Baltimore - Inner Harbor
GreenLeadersBronze level
Rahway, New Jersey
“Weekend Stay”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

There is so much nice things to say about this property and in fairness to the property we were there during a weekend where some type of sporting event was happening for a very large group of families with kids. I cannot still to this day adults allow their children to run around hotels in the pajama pants and barefoot. That being said the staff at this property is friendly and helpful I cannot say enough about the valets they are just great. I visit the area now around every six weeks for business and pleasure as our daughter lives in Baltimore. I am a travel agent and stayed at this property with no discount just a a Hilton Honors member. I wanted to check the property out for my clients using the Cruise Port in Baltimore. I was on the 17th floor and we had my mom with us. Upon arriving around 9:00PM and checking in I got to the suite pulled out the sofa and realized we had no blankets or pillows I went downstairs and requested them an hour later still no blankets or pillows I went down again and requested them and about 20 minutes they arrived. The condition of the suite was clean the furniture sustained the normal abuse of bumps and bruises but it was fine. Around midnight upon entering the bathroom the smell of someone smoking was strong very strong...in the morning I asked if smoking was permitted in the hotel they said no...I said well someone is breaking the rules and it is coming threw the vents into my room. They said they would have someone look into it...well it was not till Sunday morning when we were leaving that we had a smoke free room. It was really terrible...some guests just live to break rules...I cracked the windows open for the entire stay. We were not at the property for the Managers Reception... The three of us tried to go to breakfast on Sunday we were out early on Saturday and did not have breakfast..it was crowded very crowded with a line about 20 deep to make an omelet...food was plentiful in the warming dishes but nothing was cooked well everything was runny and the bacon raw...we opted to leave and have breakfast in a diner in town. Just not worth the hassle of standing in a long line in a hot dining room waiting for a clean or free table. When traveling with my mom it is easier to have a suite hotel...when traveling with just myself or with my husband I will not make the investment in this property when I can stay somewhere for less then half the price. Also be aware pets are allowed at this property three times I was in the elevator with three different dogs...large dogs at that...if you are not animal friendly do not stay here. Again the staff was lovely, the valet service the best I ever had anywhere and as a travel agent I am away more then home!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
KokuaHospitality, Guest Services at Embassy Suites by Hilton Baltimore - Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear susan p,
Thank you for sharing your honest feedback with us. It disappoints us to learn that you did not have the sofa bedding materials delivered to your room in a timely fashion. Also, it is unpleasant to hear if there was a smoke odor during the entirety of your stay. Our property is 100% smoke free and we enforce our penalty on those guests violating this policy. Your comments about the breakfast is not representative of the food we provide, but will be addressed internally to ensure that no other guest reports a similar occurrence. We are very excited to hear that our valet service team exceeded expectations during your stay. This speaks great volume especially for a travel agent, like yourself!
-The Embassy Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
Baltimore, United States
Reviewed 5 March 2014

The rooms and bathrooms were spacious with comfortable beds, pillows and linens. As they are suites, the other side of the room has a large sofa (where one can lay down) and desk and there is also a separate space with a sink, fridge and microwave. The TV can pivot from the living space to the bedroom space. There is only free Wi-Fi in the lobby which is inconvenient as the lobby has minimal space and seating and is busy. The self parking garage next door is convenient. All of the staff were exceptionally friendly and hospitable. The free breakfast and evening happy hour reception were nice but could have had more variety as it was somewhat monotonous.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo

Dear Nancy L,
We are happy that you enjoyed our spacious guest rooms and sumptuous Sweet Dreams bedding. It seems the cost of our in-room internet caused some inconvenience, but hope this did not deter from your overall cozy experience. We do our best to offer a diverse variety of both hot and cold options each day (i.e. breakfast potatoes, eggs, oatmeal, pastries, bacon, fruit, omelets, etc.). You won't find too many other hotels nearby with this kind of selection for no cost. We hope to welcome you back again soon!
-The Embassy Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor Team
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at your hotel this past weekend. I wanted to make you aware of how awesome my experience was. I know all too well, that people are more apt to sharing the bad, as opposed to the good.

My family and I came to spend time together over the holiday weekend. The hotel was PACKED. Despite the crazy wait times for the elevator, and bustle everywhere, I was very pleased with each member of the staff that I came into contact with.

Upon entering the hotel, the Bell Staff was very friendly and greeted us as soon as we arrived. Shannon was so attentive as he packed up our bell cart, (he even made a joke about us (my female cousin and I- attempting to do it ourselves.) We hadn't even realized! I was so happy that he came and packed everything up and took it to our rooms for us. We sure did have a lot of items with us!

Eddie checked us in. He was so funny! Each time we came to the desk, for new keys, questions, whatever...he had a light hearted, yet hilarious joke. My mother ended up leaving a car seat for my nephew at the desk. As he went to get it, he mentioned that he would charge me $1200 for it. Very amusing. Needless to say, he never got that $1200. :)

As we were leaving, I ran into Kenny. He also had a very positive, up beat personality.

Its great to come to a hotel, and EVERY person that you meet is hospitable. It means alot. It's actually something that I look for. I am happy to report that your team did not disappoint. Even though your hotel was sold out, not one person appeared frustrated, annoyed, or overwhelmed. Looking through the lobby, and at breakfast, the staff as a whole, was always there with a warm smile. Thank you so much for making this weekend a wonderful one for my family with your smiling faces and willingness to help!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
KokuaHospitality, Guest Services at Embassy Suites by Hilton Baltimore - Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Dear besos_cam,
We sincerely appreciate reviews such as yours, since they make us realize that we've done our jobs very well! Thank you for taking the time to recognize each of the team members you came in contact with during your stay, and how they made you feel so welcome. We know that Kenny, Shannon, and Eddie will appreciate your comments and acknowledging each of their efforts personally. It would be a pleasure to welcome you and your family back again very soon.
Newcomb Maryland
Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

I had the need for a hotel close to University of Maryland Medical Center, as my husband was undergoing major surgery. Embassy suites Inner Harbor came through with a room to meet all my needs at a discounted rate for families of patients at the hospital. Upon arrival I was greeted by a friendly and professional valet parking attendant and bellman. Even though we were an hour and a half early for check in time we were allowed to check in and go directly to our room. In my lifetime I have stayed in many five star hotels and I have never found one with better customer service. Everyone from the valet parking attendant to the general manager was friendly, professional and attentive to my husband and me. The rooms were clean and tidy and the food in the restaurant was excellent and reasonably priced. Embassy Suites Baltimore -Inner Harbor is tops in my book. I recommend it highly.

Stayed February 2014
Dear Hope M,
We hope that your husband recovered well from the surgery procedure at Mercy, and glad our hotel was a convenient location for both of you while in Baltimore. It is such a compliment to hear that our customer service efforts were better than any five star hotel you've stayed at in the past. One of the main highlights of our hotel is our team's dedication to providing a positive and memorable experience for our guests. We very much enjoyed reading your enthusiastic feedback, and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Chicago, United States
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Don't be fooled by the surrounding streets, the hotel was good quality, with complimentary breakfast and evening reception at a good rate in a city and there are a lot of little restaurants a few blocks away.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Wood-Ridge, NJ
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Really a nice hotel. Great value for the money. Our room was enormous. While the breakfast was quite good, the happy hour was a bit of a disappointment. Wine was OK and beer was domestic. Other options are available for a charge.

Only negative I can say is that when we asked Saturday for a recommendation for dinner, they suggested that we go to Mo's Pasta and Seafood Restaurant, which offered a free shuttle. The shuttle arrived promptly, but the restaurant was a major disappointment. Total tourist trap. This restaurant (which was recommended) reflected very poorly on Embassy Suites. If I were them, I'd reconsider having any "association" with Mo's. Your guests are not idiots and know quality when they see it.

But, as for this hotel - everything was quite good.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Denise W
Dear Denise W,
The Embassy Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor is one of the best values around town. It seems we exceeded expectations with the size of our guest room, however, fell a bit short on the evening reception and restaurant recommendation. We understand that everyone has different taste, and regret if Mo's Pasta did not fit the bill. The restaurant is quite popular here in Baltimore and attracts many locals and tourists alike. If given another opportunity, we hope to welcome you back again for a much improved experience.
Centennial, Colorado, USA
Reviewed 2 March 2014

The Chef deserves a pat on the back. Both the breakfast and room service I ordered were top notch. My first night there I ordered a burger and it was almost as good as a home cooked burger. I will stay here again, and will reccomend it to others.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Dear 157georgeg,
We will for sure give our chef a pat-on-the-back for you. It gives us great pleasure to read that our cooked-to-order breakfast selection and room service burger exceeded expectations! We sincerely appreciate you recommending the Embassy Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor to your acquaintances.