“BIG on Service!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Baltimore Inner Harbor
Ranked #34 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 13 June 2014

BIG on Service & Convenience!! Upon arrival, my room was upgraded. :) Personal card of the guy at the Front Desk - Evin (? hard to read on the card). He was very nice. Fantastic location to our meeting venue at the Grand. I didn't even have to go outside to class. Not a real early riser; I don't leave much time for breakfast. But, Starbucks in the lobby was an excellent place for a breakfast on the run. Very close to the harbor and restaurants. But, most of all Franklin James, Night Manager, made my whole trip amazing! He recommended Da Mimmo's for a live music with dinner. I totally felt like family there. Thanks for setting all that up Franklin!! Charlie, driver - yah, they sent a black town car for me! MaryAnn, owner, was so gracious to greet me, escort me in, and introduce me to the "family". Anastasia recites the menu perfectly! Lynne on the piano was fabulous! Just loved my visit. I would come back most often if I lived there. Great visit. Great experience!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
KokuaHospitality, Guest Services at Embassy Suites by Hilton Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear JeannieBowden,
We are BIG on service, because we want to provide our guests with GREAT experiences at the Embassy Suites! It is always heartwarming to read when our team makes you feel like part of the family here, and that is one of the ultimate compliments. We are glad that Franklin exceeded your expectations and recommended you check out Da Mimmo's. The complimentary limo ride is a very nice touch!
-The Embassy Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor Team

Write a ReviewReviews (1,677)

Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

I visited the Embassy Suites for a few days for a conference and my accommodation was booked by the conference organisers. Initially I wanted an extra night but I'd cancelled that with the organisers - unbeknown to me they hadn't passed this onto the hotel. Imagine my surprise when I arrived after a long flight to be told that because I was a 'no show' the day before they had made my room available for resale and they were fully booked - they'd resold my room! Denise on reception was sullen, rude and stunningly unhelpful. She was more interested in proving that they hadn't received any message that I didn't want the extra night than actually resolving the problem. When I asked if anyone had checked with the conference organisers if my room was still required I was told it wasn't up to them to do that - that was the conference organisers job. To add insult to injury all of Baltimore was booked out for a Methodist meeting in town. Thankfully the night manager, Franklin, stepped in after over half an hour of unhelpfulness and he sorted it. I did complain about the attitude of Denise and as he'd overheard most of it he nodded a lot and said he would deal with her and it was a training issue.
After that awful start the room was large and really well equipped. The sound proofing was awful - I was woken every night, multiple times by the ridiculously loud 'DING, DING' of the lift arriving - I suggest they find a way of silencing or quieting this at night. It must ruin so many guests sleep. The PIR sensor in the bathroom is great unless, after a flight, you fancy an early night and you get blinded by the light when you go to the bathroom. It also means the lights go off when you're in the shower! The toilet seat was loose and the tap on the sink wasn't fitted properly and very loose too - I had to hold the tap with one hand while turning it on with another.
Conference facilities were good, gym was good with great new equipment, albeit a bit limited. Food was great. When my toilet flush broke it was fixed quickly.
Would I recommend this hotel? No. The damage done by Denise is impossible for me to overlook and the noise issues made a good nights sleep virtually impossible.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Wifey5

Dear Wifey5,
We regret to learn about the confusion you experienced upon check-in due to a communication disconnect between the conference organizers and the hotel team. Things like this do happen from time to time, but we would never want to leave one of our guests room-less and will do our absolute best to find a solution. Even though we missed the mark, please know that your experience is not representative of the exceptional service we provide our guests.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

The service was excellent my entire stay. The food from the on-site hotel was great. There wasn't much to do within the immediate area or within a few blocks walking distance. The 'gift shop' mentioned in the room materials was nothing more than a closet in the lobby area with a few necessities and frozen meals.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Dear Kimberlie R, We are pleased that our service and food efforts exceeded expectations during your stay. -The Embassy Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor Team

Reviewed 11 June 2014

This hotel has many things going for it. It has a very good downtown location and is within walking distance to a number of tourist sites, landmarks, and transportation (Amtrak). The rooms are well appointed and kept very clean. Breakfast each morning is included, and there is a wide selection of cold and hot dishes. The guest rooms are spacious. Staff are friendly and helpful. The exercise room is large and equipped with very new equipment, including elliptical trainers, treadmills, and spinners.

What's annoying? The cursed elevators, for one. There are only 4 in this 37-floor hotel, and they're the ONLY elevators in the hotel. No service elevators means that the poor hotel staff has to haul their vacuums, garbage bags, ladders, tool bags, room service trays, towels, etc. in the same elevators used by guests. And because of the size of the hotel there are a lot of staff. What this means to guests and staff alike are waits--sometimes very very long waits--for elevators. It's not unusual for 20 or more guests to collect in the lobby before the next elevator makes its appearance. It's not unusual to see guests get on the elevator even when having to travel the wrong direction, just to guarantee a place.

The other annoyance is wi-fi. It was reliable the entire stay, but it was also reliably slow, regardless of time of day. This glacial throughput is very frustrating for a business traveler expecting to email or directly access multi-megabyte documents and presentation files.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
KokuaHospitality, Guest Services at Embassy Suites by Hilton Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear Doud_FtC,
Thank you for acknowledging the strengths of the hotel and staff. When we are full to capacity, you are absolutely correct the elevators are a concern and we try to address that by extending complimentary breakfast hours which allows guests to come down at their leisure. Also, our staff is the most "fit" throughout the company as they are encouraged to use the stairs whenever possible! We appreciate your patience and wish we could change this challenge.

We can and will address the WiFi issue. We have now found when the hotel is full we do need to expand our bandwidth. In fact we started the process yesterday!

Thank you again for your comments and hope to see you again.

-The Embassy Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor

Reviewed 11 June 2014

We were very impressed with the hotel staff. They were welcoming, friendly and helpful. There was not a time that they did not ask how we were doing or if there was anything they could do to make our stay more enjoyable. We were immediately upgraded to a suite upon arrival. Complimentary breakfast and evening reception is definitely a nice amenity.

Dear Melissa M,
We are very excited to hear how impressed you were with the Embassy Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor! It sounds like our team put their best foot forward and provided you with an exceptional experience. Our team looks forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 10 June 2014

This hotel is in a great location to easily get to Baltimore Inner Harbor but don't go there for the view or the pool. Staff was friendly and rooms were clean but it took 5 to 15 minutes just to get on an elevator every time we wanted to go somewhere, and they seemed to always be in high use stopping on every floor - of which there are over 30. The staff also use these elevators which becomes problematic. An ok stay, but not impressed. Stay here for the city, but not the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Katiejanegirl

Dear Katiejanegirl,
Thank you for providing us with your honest feedback. We understand that our elevators will never beat any speed records, and this can be attributed to frequent guest usage. Our staff is trained to be mindful of peak times during the day and not advised to use the public elevators. We hope that our outgoing staff and pristine accommodations out-shined the elevator inconvenience during your stay.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Just attended a group business meeting held at the hotel. EVERYBODY in our group commented that they had never seen an Embassy Suites of this caliber. Blown away by design and finishes of the hotel as well as the complimentary services including breakfast and evening reception. Great property, highly recommended.

Dear mparsons2000,
Wow! Thank you for such amazing feedback! We are thrilled that everyone in your group found our facility to be an exception to all other Embassy Suites hotels. Our hotel and adjacent Grand Historic Venue are definitely a higher caliber than most. Thank you for highly recommending us, and we look forward to your next return!